SAU Community

Georgie & Her R32 Gtst!

Lady G

Hey,

Well ive been lurking around this site for a while but havnt done an introduction.. sooo... Here it is...

My names Georgie, I moved to Brisbane from Townsville and dont know too many people here in the car/skyline scene in Brissy. I am a part time professional model and full time medical admin. I have an 1992 R32 gtst and her name is Tink (I name my cars :P ). Tink recently had a heart transplant... She now has had the RB25 conversion which was done with my bf and myself in our garage.. Definately a learning curve for me! Would also recommend not to do it in summer... it was soo hot!

Few things like wiring etc to fix up but she runs fairly well so Im happy..

I have the RB25 bolted onto the RB20 gearbox for now, as I ran out of $$$.... It is next on my list of things I want/need to get once Ive sold the RB20det engine... :-D

I have an RB20 Exedy cluch, I bought myself a brand new shiney Cooling Pro radiator for Christmas and put a catch can in with some braided lines and speedflow fittings just to make it look a bit more tidier..

Im not planning on building my car into anything too crazy just something that's a bit of fun. I want to try and have a go at drifting or doing a bit of track. Nothing serious but would like to have a go at it as I love trying new things! :-).

I d hve a few questions to ask after my conversion...

I found the accellorator pedal sits up higher than it should after the conversion.. I used the RB25 accellorator cable (as I read that you would need this for the conversion) but it's sitting too high for my foot and it's annoying me! I have a towel so I can push the pedal because my feet arent big enough! lol.. Would I need to take it somewhere to get a custom cable made up for it?? or has someone had the same problem and can help me out with this? It's probaly something really simpla haha

Hopefully you can answer some of my questons.. Im still learning so please be gentle!

Anywho... Here are some photos of my baby!

Peace out,

Georgie

post-57451-1264925519_thumb.jpg

post-57451-1264925631_thumb.jpg

post-57451-1264925762_thumb.jpg

post-57451-1264925831_thumb.jpg

post-57451-1264925880_thumb.jpg

post-57451-1264925999_thumb.jpg

post-57451-1264926235_thumb.jpg

post-57451-1264926314_thumb.jpg

post-57451-1264926351_thumb.jpg

I d hve a few questions to ask after my conversion...

I found the accellorator pedal sits up higher than it should after the conversion.. I used the RB25 accellorator cable (as I read that you would need this for the conversion) but it's sitting too high for my foot and it's annoying me! I have a towel so I can push the pedal because my feet arent big enough! lol.. Would I need to take it somewhere to get a custom cable made up for it?? or has someone had the same problem and can help me out with this? It's probaly something really simpla haha

I have had the same problem with my conversion for the last 12 months but haven't done anything to fix it yet. (too many other things needed to be done before i could worry about accelerator pedal and now i am use to the position )

Three ideas i have been toying with but haven't decided which to persue;

1. get new accelerator cable made up that is longer/shorter (??)(not sure where you could get this done in queensland or how much it wold cost),

2. I think you can make a new bracket that holds the cable & bolts to the inlet manifold to shorten/lengthen the distance between throttle & outer sheath of cable. (could probably make this up yourself but unsure what it would end up looking like )

3. Unbolt accelerator pedal itself, put it in a vice & bend it 10deg. with a big persuader pole.

If anyone else has constructive advice or first hand experience??

PS. Oil breather looks nice but is it legal to have 'vent-to-atmosphere' in Queensland?? Also do u have to get this conversion engineered in queensland??

Are you an official SAU 'greeter' or something?

I am just questioning the legitimacy of your 'official' welcome...

:D

no, i was simply meaning that she has been on here for a while, and i'm sure plenty of people have already said hello, and since this is her official hello thread, i was saying hello officially

You Want pics... Get off your asses and search for them, Don't see anyone of YOU Posting pics...

Girls just cant win with you guys..

A new girl will join, Post, Do the whole "Hi, I'm a Girl and drive a skyline" thing, get hit up for pics, Then Slagged or Paid out on for being an attention Seeking whore if she posts them..

Then someone will try and do the right thing, Create an intro Thread about her CAR!! And Still gets hit up for pics and in turn IF she provides them becomes the Attention Seeking Whore again.. :)

Anywayz..

Welcome Georgie..

Your beast sounds like she'll go well after the last few Wiring issues etc ... :P

Hope to see you and Tink out and about sometime.. :D

Good to see someone actually helping you out with your Questions too.. (THENIG) Apart from Just Hassling you for pics..

You thinking of heading out to Powercruise this year at all??

oh man. shut up beck. geeeeeeez. and post some pics of yourself while you're at it! :D

georgie isnt new, nor is she sensitive. we've already been thru this with her. no one is calling her an attention seeking whore.

she has some killer pics. she likes them. we like them. everyone's happy :P just the way it's meant to be.

oh man. shut up beck. geeeeeeez. and post some pics of yourself while you're at it! :D

georgie isnt new, nor is she sensitive. we've already been thru this with her. no one is calling her an attention seeking whore.

she has some killer pics. she likes them. we like them. everyone's happy :P just the way it's meant to be.

+11ty billion

georgie is 1 of the boys, so to speak. she didn't post up a thread saying oo look at me i own a skyline and i have a vagina so that makes me some super cool chick. any girl who posts up saying that they are a girl with a skyline in the name of the thread as their initial introduction is asking for attention, otherwise they wouldn't go out of their way to do it (which although georgie has done that, we already know she is a girl with a skyline so it is common knowledge already). she casually popped in and said hi, flashed a bit of skin and gained her respect. she also didn't create some thread about how she was going to create some mega hp car and ask how she should do it and then tell everyone that they were wrong and she was going to do it her way and everyone could rooted like some other member has done. she has earned respect from us through the less is more approach (which also seems to be her views towards clothes by her pics, LOL).

You Want pics... Get off your asses and search for them, Don't see anyone of YOU Posting pics...

Girls just cant win with you guys..

A new girl will join, Post, Do the whole "Hi, I'm a Girl and drive a skyline" thing, get hit up for pics, Then Slagged or Paid out on for being an attention Seeking whore if she posts them..

Then someone will try and do the right thing, Create an intro Thread about her CAR!! And Still gets hit up for pics and in turn IF she provides them becomes the Attention Seeking Whore again.. :D

Anywayz..

Welcome Georgie..

Your beast sounds like she'll go well after the last few Wiring issues etc ... :P

Hope to see you and Tink out and about sometime.. :P

Good to see someone actually helping you out with your Questions too.. (THENIG) Apart from Just Hassling you for pics..

You thinking of heading out to Powercruise this year at all??

shuddup

post tits or gtfo

missed you bebbe