SAU Community

Rb25de (supercharged) Project

Cheers fellas. Its been a long road the last 5 months!

Lol yeh I recall you asking a while ago too. I will do that mate. Im also curious to see what its like compared to a stock turbo'd rb25 with the boost screwed up.

The only downside to you getting this wrapped up and tuned, is there's going to be one less 'awsome' build thread to check out...

It would be interesting to see turbo get stuck behind the sc... twin charge!

GL

J.

I think the sprintex 2.8l is good for about 850-900hp.

Im not a fan of the chargers that have casted housing....look shit and are inherently weaker. I am a big fan of the extruded housings like kenne bell, sprintex, autorotor.... Nicer finish, more rigid housing allows for higher boost! :D

Edited by r33_racer

I think the sprintex 2.8l is good for about 850-900hp.

Im not a fan of the chargers that have casted housing....look shit and are inherently weaker. I am a big fan of the extruded housings like kenne bell, sprintex, autorotor.... Nicer finish, more rigid housing allows for higher boost! :D

It would be a very interesting project to see what one of these puppys would do to the driving characteristics of the race car Mik.

The setup as it is on the street car should give a close indication to what it would do on the race car, with the expectation of a bit more power and more punch out of the corners from the 4wd, but i am not sure if it would give a better time around QR. from memory its a power friendly/fast track so the punch out of corners is less of an advantage compared to say wakefield and its slow tight corners where being able to put some power down early helps a lot.

The setup as it is on the street car should give a close indication to what it would do on the race car, with the expectation of a bit more power and more punch out of the corners from the 4wd, but i am not sure if it would give a better time around QR. from memory its a power friendly/fast track so the punch out of corners is less of an advantage compared to say wakefield and its slow tight corners where being able to put some power down early helps a lot.

The race car is rwd as well and we dont live at qr titz, we also have lakeside, Morgan park etc to play with. both the equal of wakie as far as corners go.

Even qr responds to cars that can get the power down early out of the corners. Short of drag racing it is the most beneficial trait any track car can have.

The sprint track at QR would be the one best suited to the low down torque/power. It has some tight corners and its the main gauge for the time attack series here. The national track is the main power friendly course you would be thinking of. Its four drag strips linked with a few corners. If your car can half turn corners and has brutal straight line speed you can pretty much overtake everyone down the straights and hopefully stay ahead during the corners and you can win like that easily and methodically.

Noel, yes it would! Originally I was hoping to do this for the race car......but my father.... However if this turns out to be a top shit setup he would no doubt want to implement it on the race car. Atleast now I know what im doing (sort of) it would be pretty well twice as quick and easy to setup, if not even more so.

Yeh Steven, sorry our race car is virtually identical to my road car....97 S2 gtst. Good ole RWD!

Edited by r33_racer

The sprint track at QR would be the one best suited to the low down torque/power. It has some tight corners and its the main gauge for the time attack series here. The national track is the main power friendly course you would be thinking of. Its four drag strips linked with a few corners. If your car can half turn corners and has brutal straight line speed you can pretty much overtake everyone down the straights and hopefully stay ahead during the corners and you can win like that easily and methodically.

Noel, yes it would! Originally I was hoping to do this for the race car......but my father.... However if this turns out to be a top shit setup he would no doubt want to implement it on the race car. Atleast now I know what im doing (sort of) it would be pretty well twice as quick and easy to setup, if not even more so.

Yeh Steven, sorry our race car is virtually identical to my road car....97 S2 gtst. Good ole RWD!

i was always under the impression the race car was a GTR :D .

Noel, i was trying to get at being able to use the power out of the corners, so the power is there from the get go giving a fairly linear delivery vs the turbo/s where you have to get past the lag before you get the grip testing power surge. most turbo setups i have seen give more torque in the higher revs vs supercharger setups where its bulk midrange grunt, though its a little different now i know their race car is RWD and not 4WD. the improvement i can see from the supercharger there is that it doesnt have as prominant a power surge as the charger is already spun up and just waiting for the throttle/s to be opened, which should act more like a bigger capacity NA helping the RWD keep traction as opposed to a similar HP rated turbo.

i was always under the impression the race car was a GTR :D .

Noel, i was trying to get at being able to use the power out of the corners, so the power is there from the get go giving a fairly linear delivery vs the turbo/s where you have to get past the lag before you get the grip testing power surge. most turbo setups i have seen give more torque in the higher revs vs supercharger setups where its bulk midrange grunt, though its a little different now i know their race car is RWD and not 4WD. the improvement i can see from the supercharger there is that it doesnt have as prominant a power surge as the charger is already spun up and just waiting for the throttle/s to be opened, which should act more like a bigger capacity NA helping the RWD keep traction as opposed to a similar HP rated turbo.

Precisely mate. It will allow for a more gentle power delivery without the rush of turbo tyre shredding surge.

Thanks Ben. I wouldnt say perfectly though. There are some things I could do better now Ive done it. Hopefully whats done will suffice until something happens/goes wrong lol.

Since you guys brought it up ive been thinking about ways to do it to the race car. Ive come up with a few good ideas. Main issue is trying to fit the drive pulley in since the dry sump pump takes up the last of the room out the front of the balancer. But I think it would turn any race car into an animal if it works how it should! I could see a setup like this being perfect for drifters too. Bulk torque on tap instantly.

I have a few pictures from tonight showing a little more. The engine bay is pretty well finished apart from some more tidying of the lines/wires. The damn egt sensors wires are like 3metres long! Its just silly. I need to see if its possible to cut them down and redo the plugs. I want to change the catch can line plumbing too so it sits abit lower and neater.

post-12828-1279286406_thumb.jpg

post-12828-1279286755_thumb.jpg

post-12828-1279287036_thumb.jpg

post-12828-1279288387_thumb.jpg

post-12828-1279288617_thumb.jpg

post-12828-1279288759_thumb.jpg

post-12828-1279288800_thumb.jpg

So tomorrow I will see if my old throttle cable bracket will work with this new throttle body and if so then put the bonnet and front bar back on and go put some petrol in it and take it for a test drive around the block and see what it does or doesn't do! I will take some videos of it too and throw them up for everyone to see :)

Thanks. I am itchin pretty hard!! Its just got a powerfc. I wish I had something else like a vipec or link or something without an afm. Would have made things a little easier!