SAU Community

Rb25de (supercharged) Project

Well some exciting things have happened. After a big weekend I got the fuel system all plumbed up and finished. A shitload of little fiddly things that I came across also fixed. Earlier tonight I managed to start it and it ran for about 10 seconds before my shitty malpassi fuel reg shat itself. It split open and sprayed fuel everywhere, so now i gotta either try and fix it or just buy a new decent fpr and replace it and try again. No biggie though.

Im happy with the initial start up too. Oil pressure came up nice and quick and there were no leaks anywhere. Lol well apart from the fuel reg! Otherwise I was pretty lucky :banana:

post-12828-1278853154_thumb.jpg

post-12828-1278853525_thumb.jpg

I took these earlier on today. There is quite abit more shit in the engine bay now. Will get some more pictures tomorrow, hopefully with better news about the fuel reg too.

Edited by r33_racer

Good news! She fired up and idled perfect! I managed to get a new edelbrock fpr from performance wholesale today and with a little bit of stuffing around making fittings and whatnot, got the fuel system replumbed up and set! Ran it first with just the extractors and it was pretty cool. Hooked up the rest of the exhaust system and ran it again and fark me the supercharger is so loud....Hardly any real whine, its more like hardcore whiring and the induction noise is fricken sweet though also equally loud. I was a little scared actually, not being accustomed to such noises. Its all different.

When I get the rest of the small shit finished ie. catch can, small exhaust leak to be fixed, egt wiring and accusump wiring done Ill take some videos of it running so you can too experience it :down:

This is how it looked tonight.

post-12828-1278940276_thumb.jpg

post-12828-1278940879_thumb.jpg

It is quite a mess in there. Hopefully when its all finished it will be a little tidier!

What an exciting afternoon. Im still stoked that it runs and with no leaks or major issues! Doing so many custom things all at once I was expecting a bucket load of dramas. I must say Ive been quite lucky so far.

Yeh im hoping to be ready to get her tuned next week sometime. Im excited about that bit.

Thanks mate! Yeh its all abit different to your usual turbo setup. Sounds a hell of alot different too!

Correct Andrew, that is the egt unit. Well units, they all slide into eachother. Im starting to struggle for space. Once everything is finished and in, I really dont think I could fit anything more in the engine bay at all!

You should go for it Andrew and supercharge your new rb30! :D:);)

Rough idea on how much its cost me so far....for pretty well everything, not just the supercharger shit, i think im around 10k so far. So if you did it all yourself as well, I would budget maybe a few grand less and there you have it!

I could see how the labour charge from a workshop to do this would easily double that figure. Though they would get it done way quicker then me. If they knew what they were doing (which I didnt really) I reckon a good couple of weeks would pull it up. But that would be full time working on the car. Not on and off as they do sometimes as they juggle jobs around.

Lol cats and birds...The induction noise from this sucker would seriously make you believe it would ingest such things. Its frightening how hardcore it is when it start compressing the air.

lol titz.

Michael this thing is fuckin amazing. really is. engine bay looks so clustered would be a bitch to work on if something does stuff up *knock on wood*

I cant wait to hear it in the vid but i know it will be nothing to the sound in real life. good work mate!

SLY-25T Cheers mate. Yeh it really is stuffed full of shit. I may go into a slight depression if something does go seriously wrong before I get to enjoy it properly. So hopefully it all goes to plan and then I wont have to worry about working on it. Im hoping the video will do it some justice. The noises it makes are just awesome.

Spark911 yeh mate it is. lol its nearly driven me mad working on it for so damn long too. I will be getting it tuned at Mercury Motorsports since they tune our race car also.

skyline01999 Im very eager to see the results of this thing too. My fingers are crossed, so hopefully it delivers the goods! Cheers.

Sad note, no work on it tonight. Gotta hang with the gf. They are only understanding to a certain point unfortunately.

Awesome, should be wonderfully drivable too... torque from nowhere, dyno sheeets (and butt dyno impressions).

Well worth following the thread for.

remember to overlay the race car on top to see turbo 30 torque vs super 25, im not expecting it to make more peak power than the race car but should be interesting low-mid range