SAU Community

1000 Steps Junkies

Sarumatix

After bumping into Wanzi at the 1000 steps I thought I'd see who else is a regular there? I've seen a few skylines but it's hard to say hi when most of the time the owners are probably somewhere up the hill :). :)

Yesterday we managed to see 4 lyrebirds of which 3 were having a dispute over territory and having a sing off. Which ended in the adult chasing the kids down the steps right in front of us :blink: was fantastic to see.

And for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about -> http://www1.visitvictoria.com.au/displayOb...90000/vvt.vhtml

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny that, I saw Wanzi's car there today too :D

I personally preferred the Wineglass Bay/Hazards Beach circuit in Tasmania (About 4 hours walk) as that has a good variation of up/down and different types of surfaces, so all the muscles received a workout instead of just burning up the front half of the quads.

used to do it alot in 06/07....tried again recently and yep they were every bit as nasty as i remember...LOL Still awesome tho.

Personally i recon a couple of goes at the steps shits on the wineglass bay journey, however the view at the top is beautiful...in saying that when the footy teams hit up the steps the view at the top isnt what I'd class as bad haha :D

hahaha, liking the sound of that :D

altho, its 5ks and takes 2 hours to walk? is that just cause of the layout/steepness of it?

used to do it alot in 06/07....tried again recently and yep they were every bit as nasty as i remember...LOL Still awesome tho.

Personally i recon a couple of goes at the steps shits on the wineglass bay journey, however the view at the top is beautiful...in saying that when the footy teams hit up the steps the view at the top isnt what I'd class as bad haha :(

2 hours must be when you're going really slowly and stopping every 10 steps to rest.

It's about 20 min from the carpark to the top of the steps, maybe another 10 to reach the one tree picnic ground, but I don't think many actually go there, most do laps of the steps

this the first i've heard of it, is it just a bunch of steps people walk up and down like Rocky ?

its the first part of a bush trail that is meant to be a kokoda simulation. the actual steps run for about 1.8km up mt dandy

Used to do it quite regularly, great way to get fit.

You'll always spot the over enthusiastic first timer that thunders up the steps at the start and ends up nearly dying from exhaustion not too far up.

I'm trying to do it fortnightly these days

i walked down that way once what a pain in the ass

Haha yeah it's too steep to safely run down and also quite steep to walk down since you are constantly fighting against slipping down. So it's a kind of crab walk diagonal to come down at any reasonable speed.