SAU Community

1000 Steps Junkies

Sarumatix

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Path leading to the steps sucks when it's wet...even on sunny days you get the down run from the creeks. Scary to sprint down on the way back!

It's the best feeling when you start to slip and you save yourself like a boss, but still look stupid.

HAHAHA can relate so well. When I sprint down the actual steps I usualy slip at least once, but always recover (so far)...occasionally pulling off some parkour looking recovery. Grinded down 3 steps once, like I was on rollerblades, felt so weird.

I have a kankle pic but there is no way I'm posting it on here....that shits just ewwwwwwwwww. Five weeks ago the steps won, I had to fly to syd for work at six am next morning....not cool.

BUMP

Anyone doing them these days? Besides Wanzi, who has been spotted by everyone :)

:D the embarrassing thing is that they never seem to get easier, not after all these years lol

How'd you go the other day anyway? We walked the steps, but smashed it on the way back down and I ended up going back the next day for a running lap.

How'd you go the other day anyway? We walked the steps, but smashed it on the way back down and I ended up going back the next day for a running lap.

I always go up twice, two steps at a time and run back down. I used to come down faster but I started getting problems with my shins from the hard impacts.

I have run up the one tree hill but when I try running the steps I tank out too quickly.

The days when I go up 3 times kill my legs but by the third time I've slowed down a lot and my lungs don't get much of a work out do its not really worth it I think

Running down sideways can help with the impact of it. Maybe once up the steps but really wearing yourself out would be equivalent of going up twice? Three times is nuts but props on the dedication.

WAAAANZI! Spotted you the other day and yelled but I don't think you heard me :).

Definitely time to hit the steps again, sau day sounds good.. but BEWARE the evil spike trap of death on the way out that scrapes anything less than a 4wd ;).

WAAAANZI! Spotted you the other day and yelled but I don't think you heard me :).

Definitely time to hit the steps again, sau day sounds good.. but BEWARE the evil spike trap of death on the way out that scrapes anything less than a 4wd ;).

haha yeah my exhaust always gets a good scrape on that bitch.

I'm dealing with an injury at the moment but I would be down for some group step action later in the week or next week perhaps.

Running down sideways can help with the impact of it. Maybe once up the steps but really wearing yourself out would be equivalent of going up twice? Three times is nuts but props on the dedication.

I prefer to pace it out so I keep my heart rate steady. Some people I see there regularly go up about 7-8 times. One dude runs up at least 5 times. I can't see myself being that fit anytime soon.

If the steps are slippery I'll go down on an angle but even when it's dry I keep a hand on a rail just in case. Had a few close calls...

Nah I didn't hear u dude. I don't usually have time to do the steps these days but I try to fit them in when I can