SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

What's wrong with HSV? Nothing, if you like cheaply made family cars.

They're not a sports car and they never will be, despite what all the bogan racers say.

Edited by jezza boii

Mmm tuna

stop having boring tuna. stop havin a boring life. chop chop chop chop chop.

Thought you siad something about a VE bumper funky?

I was gonna graft a VE valence into the rear bumper, but then I found out that VE's were a different plastic to the golf ones so can't weld em together. turned out easier to just fill the whole thing in and smooth it out.

i want a hsv opinions?

would hit. I actually like the VE HSV's. They're much better sedans than the crap out of japan. They're not sports cars, but great cruisers and family cars. One day I'll probably own a VE wagon, when I get around to not pulling out in time and end up needing a pram etc. For now though, the only reason I'd buy one is if I had to tow a caravan or car trailer to the track.

What's wrong with HSV? Nothing, if you like cheaply made family cars.

They're not a sports car and they never will be, despite what all the bogan racers say.

show me a car with the same specs engine/interior for 60-80k and ill be all over one. Probably more of a 'sports car' than an mr2 :P and better built i dare say.

im in the boat you mention funky, particularly to tow to the track i need something other option is like x5 or rx350 4x4s but i think they will be rather boring to drive at least a hsv will be exciting to drive and i test drove one last year 317kws felt rather nice.

also there size is good for work big boot etc.

It's a case of obviously if the car served no purpose then it wouldn't be in production still, HSV's are good cars but I do find that the amount of extra $$ you have to pay out for the hsv badge is pretty stupid when you could get an SS falcodore for much cheaper that will still do the same job.

Yeah but IMO a skyline under 200rwkw isnt much to write home about. If you had decent power it might be a different story

This.

Also getting an e46 m3 is kinda taking a backward step in that dept. I have easily seen off a couple of them.

Alex look into a GXP, full fat motor but a bit more subtle styling and cheaper

yep hsv is fine, nothing wrong with them

i do prefer the ford fpv's though

i think ford have done well trying new technology and ideas

drive by wire, new 4l engine, turbocharged etc

gxp is pov pack just not a fan.

same with the SS yes its much cheaper, but rightly so its a commodore omega with a v8 in it, everything else is bog standard. at least hsv you get the technology side of things too. Most interested in a Senator

The way I see it if I was getting a tow car, I'd rather a tow car I'll enjoy driving the 90% of the time when I'm not towing rather than something that's useful for only the 10% of time I'm towing.

Wouldn't buy an HSV though, will be content with a run of the mill Calais V8 or soemshit.

Also lol @ MR2 driver hanging shit on build quality of an HSV. The only good thing in an MR2 is its power steering system.

• Nope 1

+1 for V8 calais much nicer than an hsv for the money the only problem is it will be auto but really if its a tow car then its like ehhh a auto v8 can do just as good of a job as a manual these days.

yeh but price diff to a calais or senator isnt that much, i'd figure return would be slightly better on a senator and aside from that i can afford it so meh.. may as well get what i want oh and my tax claims help out lol