SAU Community

Willall Gtr Outright Winner Time Attack Rd1

LOL sorry I saw it there waiting to be tampered with. Seems to be a divided issue anyway...I think it's good that Martin keeps us updated on the local success of the R35 but maybe it could be done with less of a skew or perhaps contribute to the technical sections of the forum at the same time like so many other people in the industry do - this would be win/win for everyone :O

How many more friggin times are you going to tell us bird, Maybe you should become a trader given the amount of bandwidth you use to reiterate your one eyed beligerance. :(

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am completely ignorant about SAU vendor vs technical rules but I've always found Martin a great help in my R35 endeavours. He punches out a lot of work; i think you'll find he's pretty busy. Perhaps he doesnt have a lot of time to trawl forums during the day but if you give him a call (as i have, probably too many times, sorry martin) i think you'll find he's more than helpful and a real asset to the R35 Community, especially in Australia where innovation and real world experience is a bit thin on the ground for this car.

• 2 weeks later...
New time attack rules stipulate a strict 'no-slicks' policy so for the first round of MGEC we went looking for a tyre option to fit the stock rims. After discussion with Toyo where we offered to perform some testing on their R888 (which has received mixed reviews in track enviornments), and finding out they were not interested in being part of our GTR test program in Australia, it was back to the known quantity and high performance Dunlop run flat :yes:

We didnt expect to do particularly well up against 350rwkw cars (FD RX7s etc) weighing just on 1000kg and with 12 inch R compound tyres, but careful car setup, some work on the chassis balance, new Willall aero parts, and a 'bigger' version of our WR35WS brake water spray system soon allowed the GTR to show its mettle. Slowly, we got the balance right and dialled more and more power back into the engine tune using gear and throttle dependent boost settings for the cold and partially damp track surface till we just pipped fastest time of the day with a 1:13.75 second lap, only 1.5 seconds slower than the GTR on full slicks, and on a worse grip day to boot. This amazing time gave us top spot on the podium by just under a tenth of a second :P

Great driving, good setup, and careful working through the data gave use the slim advantage we held onto till the end. Heres the GTR approaching the 'kink' at around 210km/h. Note the nice flat stance, and the front splitter staying good and stiff giving a slight nose down pitch into the turn in point.

marty1.jpg

While not as exciting I set a new PB in the Willall EVO X nudging 1:17.59 and being a little unhappy not to crack into the 16 second zone. It turned out to be fourth fastest time of the day in the tricky conditions, and was enough for a Willall 1 - 2 in the Club AWD Categroy as well as outright victory in the 'Tuner Challenge'. All good fun :thumbsup:

Well you cant expect to have it all one way and talk down others and talk up your own "sports sedan" :laugh:

If its a street car then fine.........

On the other hand if you have to gut it, put it on alcohol, talk down factory track spec rubber which is only 1.5sec a lap less than slick tires, forget to mention your car has different turbochargers, is boosted, tuned, and highly developed (more so than others cars). It kinda takes away from what you have done (or money you have spent on fancy bits), sure you can spam every forum on earth and say how great you are and your car is, but at the end of the day you look like a tool for doing so.

You have developed some stuff, good on you. No need to talk it up and put down others cars to make yourself feel better or sell it up as an amazing achievement........ its a simple case of cubic dollars and cubic computers driving your car that got you a victory over far simpler cars that are no more modified than your own!.(e.g. RX7 weight is 1240kg stock) race track prepared one was 1040kg, your GTR was what? it could go on forever, my point is you do yourself no favor excusing up your win with "this was bad" "that was not ideal" "proper analysis" with a $850 GPS logger etc etc.

I know you need to sell your shit, but relax a bit and learn to be humble, it would be far better to read.

Nothing in Martin's post comes across in any way shape or form to me like the way you see it. He simply stated they were expecting to be "owned" the the very quick and well modified cars there, but were surprised to come out on top. At the end of the day a mild tune 35 GTR showed just what it can do against the big boys. Its not putting one car down for the sake of his own. There will always be a winner, and by the sounds of it RX-7 might just be the winner next time they meet!

I dont think its worth my replying with anything longer then that, its just that simple. Im not sure what thread you were reading to get a bee in your bonnet!

Edited by Granthem

Nothing in Martin's post comes across in any way shape or form to me like the way you see it. He simply stated they were expecting to be "owned" the the very quick and well modified cars there, but were surprised to come out on top. At the end of the day a mild tune 35 GTR showed just what it can do against the big boys. Its not putting one car down for the sake of his own. There will always be a winner, and by the sounds of it RX-7 might just be the winner next time they meet!

Two responses here - 'Right On' and 'More than likely!'

Anytime you turn out to a time attack that allows R-comp tyres on your roadies you are well in the zone for a hiding :P

WHat the F..k is going on here.

Where is all the negativity coming from !

FACTS:

1. We all love cars

2. We all LOVE driving/watching/hearing about cars been driven like they are meant to be driven - FAST

3. We are all males = testosterone = wanting to be the fastest/smartest/toughest whatever BUT thats what the track is for. This is an info sharing service SO if you dont have anything posative to contribute log off.

I own a 35 and love hearing all this sort of news. I dont care if it happens to come from someone affiliated with a workshop that is a. succesful b. helpful c. sells stuff I can aslo buy. ACTUALLY isnt that what these sorts of sites are all about.

If you smartarses have your way people like Martin might end up not posting on these forums because its all too easy to keep your head down and avoid the tall poppy sindrome the beer swilling small minded idiots this counrty is full of pride themselves on. Keep going guys lets stop progress !!

+1

This forum (R35) is being over-run by trolls who have no hope in hell of ever convincing a dealer to let them test drive the GT-R, let alone actually owning this glorious example of

Japanese automative technology.

There should be a law against squatters who gate crash our exclusive club of selected and proud R35 owners, as they rudely interfere with our mutual back slapping and auto admiration.

It really pisses me off to read all this pointless speculation, criticism and bitchiness coming from people who drive Datsuns 120Y with a hair drier for a bolt-on turbo....

OK, everyone, you can all start kicking me now :P

I actually agree to a degree. Here should be some new rules for the forum:

1) If you have not driven one then you have no place commenting on handling or performance. The magazine reviews you base your views on are complete crap. So to are the 100 hours of you tube footage that makes you an expert.

2) If you do not own one then you have no right commenting on what may or may not be of interest to us. I certainly agree that Martin's work is not interesting if you own a Maxima, but for me I find it great.

3) The electronics of this car do not enable it to drive itself, turn everything off and get prepared for the time of your life, once again unless you have driven this car in anger on the track with everything off, do not tell us how easy this car is to drive and that it does everything for you.

4) We do not care about how much more hard core the earlier GTR's were and how the new one has no soul.

That about covers it.

SHUTUP Gibbo_r35. Ur an Arrogant F**kwit. We all have a right to comment. I didn't know you owned the forum. How are the repayments going, you keep commenting how you should sell the r35 so you don;t modify it. Shit man if you can;t afford to mod it, you shouldnt comment about it.

Err...whilst not in the exact same tone as the post above me, it is a bit arrogant for you guys to A. assume that we haven't driven / owned the vehicle just because our dick swinging and claims to fame aren't as obvious as some people around these forums, and B. proclude our opinion or interest from being relevant in certain topics when we have a vested interest in the vehicle. You weren't born with an R35 guys...no doubt you also did similar homework too before going out and buying one (or pre-ordering). This section might be home to R35 owners but it's not an exclusive club for them. If you want that then create an R35 only club and the trolls will surely stay away :)

2cent here....

I love the arrogance of R35 owners. Reminds me of how EVO owners once were before the R35 came around.

Shit doesn't stink and everyone else's opnion does not belong.

elitest f**kwits.....eat a bag, eat a whole bag.

GTFO of SAU and create your own community if everyone else is below you.

Guess what I am tuning tomorrow.....an FD RX7. 100% for real ;)

The owner has impeccable taste is all I can say. He actually had to talk me into it! :)

I think you and greg tuned my black FD a decade ago @ mildrens for zoom mag, but i have no taste.

Still have a soft spot for a decent FD, not many come through nowadays that make the cut to go on the dyno.

2cent here....

I love the arrogance of R35 owners. Reminds me of how EVO owners once were before the R35 came around.

Shit doesn't stink and everyone else's opnion does not belong.

elitest f**kwits.....eat a bag, eat a whole bag.

GTFO of SAU and create your own community if everyone else is below you.

Ha ,ha, ha, After reading my earlier post, you should have looked up "IRONY" on Wikipedia and not taken yourself so seriously.

Elitest f**kwits? I think you meant ELITIST...yes, now I guess I am, for pointing it out. :P

I belong to several other forums with a much broader model range than SAU with 4: R32, R33, R34 and R35 stretched over 20 years.

All owners of a particular model "own" that particular sub-forum but not the whole Forum. All others are considered visitors and are most welcome

to contribute their experience and knowledge as long as they do not become obnoxious, abusive, rude and resenful, like you obviously are.

When you come to an "open house" party, you are most welcome, until you start making rude remarks about the owner's choice of wine, the free food you've stuffed your gob with or his wife's boob job.

Edited by GT-Ricer

Wow...I really did expect better than this :P

I've got a list of pros and cons for the R35...on the latter will now go "tendency to develop patronising personality characteristics", unless you guys can assure me it's something you're born with :(

We're all in this section for this car...why must there be a war perceived between R35 owners and R35 fans???

Ha ,ha, ha, After reading my earlier post, you should have looked up "IRONY" on Wikipedia and not taken yourself so seriously.

Elitest f**kwits? I think you meant ELITIST...yes, now I guess I am, for pointing it out. :D

I belong to several other forums with a much broader model range than SAU with 4: R32, R33, R34 and R35 stretched over 20 years.

All owners of a particular model "own" that particular sub-forum but not the whole Forum. All others are considered visitors and are most welcome

to contribute their experience and knowledge as long as they do not become obnoxious, abusive, rude and resenful, like you obviously are.

When you come to an "open house" party, you are most welcome, until you start making rude remarks about the owner's choice of wine, the free food you've stuffed your gob with or his wife's boob job.

I understand irony well. But you are grasping on a very weak definition, and therefore you are not quite there.

Thankyou for pointing out my spelling mistakes, I couldn't go on without that fact being pointed out. Thankyou for your assistance. However irony, close but no cigar.

However you do not seem to understand my point, I am thinking you suffer from tunnel vision and not in the literal sense. I may come across rude, however you sir are the one who fired the first shot at every member of this forum who does not fit your critique, who is the rude one here?

Perhaps its time to look in the mirror and recognise that upturned nose of yours.

carry on.

Elitest f**kwits? I think you meant ELITIST...yes, now I guess I am, for pointing it out. :worship:

What about the poor old R31? :blink:

Still have a soft spot for a decent FD, not many come through nowadays that make the cut to go on the dyno.

Its not just an FD thing. I weep when I see some of the 32s, 33s, and even 34s that people are buying, and are in such a terrible mechanical condition that its simply unsafe to dyno them. I remember when these cars were new and the whole cheap fibreglass body kit, chrome wheel, and re-trim thing makes me feel physcially ill :D

Its not just an FD thing. I weep when I see some of the 32s, 33s, and even 34s that people are buying, and are in such a terrible mechanical condition that its simply unsafe to dyno them. I remember when these cars were new and the whole cheap fibreglass body kit, chrome wheel, and re-trim thing makes me feel physcially ill :D

I couldn't agree more... keep the stupid 20" chrome rims and cheap body "kits" for the lancers.... What happened to the good old days. Jap race rims, carbonfiber and exclusive/fun jap trinkits for your ride? When 10's were impossible and 300rwkw's was crazy!

PS. Martin, your a champ for sharing your hard earned knowledge... Knowledge is everything.

Cheers

Justin

It's just a shame you don't have time to share in some of the other tech threads.

hehehehe, the R35 section is always good for a laugh, lots of feathers being ruffled...sticking feathers up your bum does not make you a chicken!

gallery_462_50_7269.png

Reality check...we are all losers. Along with time you will never get back from reading forums, think about the money spent on cars that youwill never get back...

Me, i embrace my inner loser and know that even my R32 GTst has more class then me! :D I wish i wasnt such a tight ass and had a camera phone, would love to have posted up the hot pink R35 i saw on the way to work here in Singapore the other week, crappiest masking job around windows/glass and had a black roof, S13 drift style. LOL, who let that fella in to the Elite R35 club :laugh:

That all said, keeping posting this stuff up. It all seems pretty full weight at present, real curious to see how much weight can be pulled out of these barges and what that does to their performance. The thing has been around for a while and am quite surprised nobody seems to have gone crazy with performance mods in one yet, because god knows there is enough in the aftermarket these days that you could fill the shopping trolley and builda behemoth!