SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

.84 housing will do 500kW on an RB all day, nothing wrong with the housing choice. I pushed > 630kW atw through mine before I started to see signs of a restriction.

That's good to hear! What turbo were you running and at what PSI if I may ask.

That's good to hear! What turbo were you running and at what PSI if I may ask.

6766 on 42psi SR20VET 636kW. This was nearly a couple of years ago and I'm still contemplating going back to this for the street.

Simon that's great power for a 6262. They are electric to drive on an RB.

sorry i didnt read through the whole thread but ive got a couple of quick questions.

Which turbo would be closest to matching a 35R with .82 rear?

whos the precision dealer of australia?

6262 probably the most sensible alternative - though I'd look hard into finding the cause of your failures, it is really unlikely that it is a Garrett specific issue... LOTS of people here and everywhere are using Garrett turbos or Garrett units based on Garrett cartridges, old and new with no way near the issues you are having - your car won't be taking specific objection to the turbo being Garrett, while it's hard to be sure I'd be a bit concerned we'll see a post about a Precision or something else failing in the near future if you put a new turbo on without changing anything.

It's 100% not the car. Everything has been checked. Double checked and then checked some more. I have all the correct parts and nothing pointing towards anything sinister ever pops up.

There have been a large number of failed garretts in the drift scene lately. Some of these cars have a Failed Garrett after a few days and then go on to run kandos for a long period of time with out issues

So yeah. I'm kinda looking at other options atm. How much for a 6262. What's the next size down from that?

6262 probably the most sensible alternative - though I'd look hard into finding the cause of your failures, it is really unlikely that it is a Garrett specific issue... LOTS of people here and everywhere are using Garrett turbos or Garrett units based on Garrett cartridges, old and new with no way near the issues you are having - your car won't be taking specific objection to the turbo being Garrett, while it's hard to be sure I'd be a bit concerned we'll see a post about a Precision or something else failing in the near future if you put a new turbo on without changing anything.

Was it a GT35 Simon? What happened to it?

I have had brand new Precisions fail on customer cars, even before the tune, every manufacturer can have occasional problems I guess. Just seems those GT35 cores with plastic cage bearings aren't the best for hard work. No issues with any of the GTX's I have fitted, and mine has copped a hiding.