• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THEY ARE HERE!!

post-35676-1279846999_thumb.jpg

I'm going to quickly try and get them sent out today. They just arrived and all the correct kits appear to be here!

I will start packing them now and will PM every one with their tracking number. If I send them out today, they should get to every one Monday/Tuesday.

I just quickly want to thank every one for their patience and sticking with me through this. It was an absolute pain and I appreciate your guys patience very much.

Phil

EDIT: Just in case some of you were wondering the differences between the GTR/GTST/GTT kits, here is a picture of them side by side respectively.

post-35676-1279849482_thumb.jpg

Some quick visual only observations from the kits (obviously the length of the lines is different).

GTR kit has mounting eyelets on the two longer lines and GTT kit has similar eyelets for all four lines.

GTT kit has right angle fittings on two of the lines.

GTST kit has rubber mounting block half way along the two longer lines.

GTT kit has no copper washers, GTR kit has two and GTST kit has four.

Edited by PM-R33

Righteo they all got sent :D

Each individual kit has a unique ID number for warranty purposes inside, so if there is any dramas with them down the track let Hel know.

I will see if I get time this weekend to fit my kit and a friends and write up the DIY.

If there is any dramas with them not fitting let me know. There is plenty of people that were keen to get in on this group buy so you shouldn't have dramas selling the kit to them if they are wrong for your car or something. PM me if you want their details.

I may talk to the supplier about a future group buy if we can get a gaurantee it wont take as long as this one did. So perhaps look out for another group buy if you missed out or were chasing a clutch line kit.

Thanks again guys.

Phil

Edited by PM-R33

Thanks every one :P

I've nearly finished installing the front lines and so far it's fairly straight forward; other than having a seized bolt on one of the brake calipers :(. I'm also thinking a might buy a couple of those eyelets that come in the GTT/GTR kit to use, as the line has a bit of sag in it and even though it probably wouldn't be a problem, i'd like to mount it a bit better so i know it will never touch anything it isn't supposed to. I'll test this out a bit more tomorrow and come to a conclusion whether it would be worthwhile or not. I'm also not sure why the GTST doesn't have the right angle fittings like the GTT kit as I think it might better suit it, however maybe it would put to much of a kink into the next mounting location where that rubber mount is used, so that might be why, I dunno.

So far you can't really use any of the copper washers on the front setup (there was also none from the factory) so not sure if they are needed for the R33 or if all four are ment for the back :mad: but I will suss it all out and include all the info and pictures in the DIY tomorrow once I do the rears. So far pretty good.

Edited by PM-R33

I found the rears a lot easier to install than the fronts. Having said that I did have a seized bolt on the front which made it a pain.

Anyway they are all done on my car I just have to bleed the brakes tomorrow.

I wrote up the whole DIY and uplaoded all the pictures (took me an hour and a half), posted the topic up in the DIY section and the f**king thing didn't post! So that's just bloody great. Can't you make topics in the DIY section or something?

Thankfully I saved all the text into Word but I still have to upload all the photos again which is a pain in the ass.

Anyway I'll try again tomorrow or something.

Edited by PM-R33