Hel Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Group Buy

PM-R33

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it has "HEL FMVSS 106" on the black rubber, and the HEL logo on the yellow bit. nothing else
That's the bit you need for ADR approval ^

Correct.

Here is where I explained the ADR thing:

Ok so a few people (including myself) have been wondering how you can prove that aftermarket braided brake lines are legal for street use in Australia and whether the kits come with some sort of certification. Well after a bit of research there is a bunch of technical requirements and testing that they have to go through to get ADR approval, however the main proof for some one inspecting the brake lines is a boot with coding inserted onto each brake line to prove it has met all the requirements and makes them legal for street use.

Here is what the boot will look like on our brake lines to prove they are street legal. Therefore there is nothing to worry about. If any one has technical questions about this that I can not answer just give Hel in Australia a call.

HEL-FMVSS-106.jpg

You can also view on Hels website regarding the ADR sleeves at the bottom of this link:

http://www.helperformance.com.au/catalogue/brake-lines.htm

These sleeves are what held us up for so long.

Edited by PM-R33

Also got mine on Monday.

The plastic package had popped open, though I think that may have been because the postie shoved it in my letter box, I never signed for it either....

All looked to be intact & undamaged so all good. Thanks again for the mamouth effort you put into this. Looking forward to getting these on my line.