SAU Community

Rb2630 R34 Gtt Street/strip Car

car is going to flock finishers on wednesday or thursday to get the dash, glove box, centre console and door handles done in black velour/carpet with red stiching.

the gear boot and handbrake boot in white leather with red stiching

and the whole rear section where the seats were is getting a cover of black carpet.

then when thats done going to browns davis to get the front section of the cage done and a cross bar added in the back area.

also found some carbon fibre side skirts and rear pods z tune style which i think i will buy. :blink:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah tried the rims on yesterday, i was getting them off a mate, there nice rims but they r not the right offset so they have a custom spacer to fit 114.3. they stuck out about 1.5 inches further than my already serioulsy flared guards but the spacer worried me a bit so my mate took them back

so im back on the hunt for rims still.

Buy the proper offset and size new. Don't stuff around with wheels that were clearly NEVER going to fit the car properly.

Work out your plan with the car before buying the wheels then do it properly once.

yeah man

i didnt realise that by spacers he meant they were a different pcd i thought they just needed room to clear the struts.

all good now didnt get them, with the power it will have it would warp the spacer for sure, dont really want that happening mid track now lol.

im gonna leave the rims for now, gonna finish the engine, chassis and get it repainted before i go and buy another set of rims. i wanna run micket thompson street drag tyres so ill probably find some 16inch rims for them but ill work it out later with the sabadin boys and go from there

Saw your 34 today at Sabbadin, paint looks great!

I reckon Advan Tri-spokes would look the bomb on it!

Any idea when the motor will be done?

hahaha

yeah they r sexy rims mate i really love them and have always wanted a set but i dont know if they will be wide enough thats all.

maybe if u sweetened up the deal a lil lol hahah

whats ur car doing at sabadins dude?

the paint looks best under street lights u can actually see all the pearls thru it and its pretty dirty/dusty at sabadins

motor will be done maybe in a couple of months, the bottome end is off to the machine shop this week to get all machined and assembled then. rob will get my engine out and then its back to vu's to do the engine bay and door jams etc.

i actually really need to get down there to keep going with the interior lol

Edited by GUN_METAL_GTR32

like i said in my pm i have to wait till my rims sell before i commit a offer to some one else so im not gonna waste ur time.

have a fair kents that want my rims and brides in the f/s section so well see maybe both of us will sell and buy some cool shit soon lol

speak soon mate.

ill probs see ur car at sabadins this week when i go down there

lil progress

i got my car brought home yesterday so i could continue to do more work on the interior.

its a bit difficult getting from templestowe to clayton to do stuff on the car with no licence, so this weekend ill be ripping out the cage and the 2 brides. brides are going and ill be replacing them with sparco fixed backs or bride zeta 3, i have a set of sparco evo's at home but they are a lil snug for my manly/overweight frame. i want seats that are fia approved and also the cage is going coz im going the full cage, with carbon side intrusion bars :miner:

the rb30 block is also at the machinists atm so it will be there for a lil while, whilst all this is happening ill be getting more body work done. when the cage is being done the engine bay, cabin and the boot will all be seam/stitch welded (possibly around the doors as well) and vu from dt panels will be fitting my new body kits whis will one day get here from the states.

it comprises of some seriously awesome shit haha

- carbon bonnet

- carbon boot

- carbon side skirts z tune style

- carbon rear pods z tune style

- carbon z tune front guards

- carbon front bumper

- carbon bolt on 60mm rear flares :D

- carbon front splitter with 2 billet rods

- carbon front caards

- carbon radiator air guide

i think having the 2 tone effect of white to black is gonna be f**king awesome

im sending my headlights off to headlights plus to get polished.

ive also decided to keep the stereo in the car as well but ill move the amps to under rear seat passenger footwells seeing as u cant sit there anyway. also retrimming the rear seats in the same fabric as the drivers and passenger seats.

hay buddy

i havnt spoken to rob in a couple of weeks coz i have had work commitments but yeah i think everything is progressing steadily.

the car is at my house atm so i can do some of my own stuff on the interior and re wire up the stereo.