SAU Community

Rb2630 R34 Gtt Street/strip Car

hi guys ive been on sau for sometime now and have never posted any pics of my car so i thought i would do.

first a little about the cars history...

i bought it as a clean as f**k white completely standard car from dennis at jap cars in faulkner in november 2008 it had 69,500KMS on the clock. the only mods were a tommy kaira front bar

after driving it for 1 week i got a cooler put on there and a pod filter.

another few weeks went by and i got a brand new set or hsd hr racing coil overs from my mate shane from psi parts and they were quickly installed.

now this was easter last year since then the car has been mildly modified, visually and power wise with the following mods.

EXTERIOR.

-full respray in pearl white with heaps of gold glitter by Vu from DT panels in springvale

-carbon fibre ducktail wing (bomex style)

-carbon ganador mirrors

-carbon east bear eye lids

-carbon nismo pillar garnishes

-19inch work VS-KF rims in quite a good offset

-guards are pumped and rolled to about 1.5 inches further than standard to accomodate for the offset

INTERIOR.

-stripped out rear seats

-custom made half cage

-2x bride ergo II seats in black leather with the gradation down the front

ICE

-sony double din head unit with cd/dvd/ etc

-jl front splits

-jl rear 6x9's

-2x jl amps

-jl 12 inch in ported box (its massive)

-capacitor of some kind lol

-required wiring

HANDLING

-hsd hr racing coilovers

-rda rotors front and rear grooved

-ebc red stuff pads all round

-carbon front strut brace

PERFORMANCE

-arc industion box

-custom made stainless steel 3inch exhaust

-trust cooler

-after market coilpack of some kind lol

at the moment i am stripping the engine down and preparing for a rebuild with a gt35, 6boost manifold, forged pistons and rods, arp studs all round, acl bearings, tomei cams, large performance valves etc

my hp goal is 500+ horsepower there ar abviously many other parts i have at home lice a wolf ecu, and a hektik clutch lol but i have to leave work now so i will continue when i get home and post up lots of pics

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alrighty then now to continue.

i have been putting quite a bit of effort onto the interior over the last few weeks trying to make it look not just awesome but very simple as well.

i have removed the gear surround, the air con vents, the cd surround, and the triple guage cluster and have resprayed these in desert rose metallic (gun metal metalic really) and have also done the mirror triangles in the same color.

i have 3 apexi white faced guages with blue lights which will be flush mounted (from behind) in the guage cluster.

at the moment i am waiting on some carbon fibre door cards to arrive which i bought from SRB on the forums along with a couple little things like the guages control unit which i think i will hide some where and a gizzmo shift light and a carbon sniper racing gear knob.

a lady that works with me is an upholsterer and is making me a gear boot and hand brake boot in white leather

as stated above i am just waiting on a few parts to come and then its off to sabaddins for the rebuild which i am quite excited about as u would imagine lol.

when that happens i will post a full list of the parts used in the project.

lol yeah the stereo was pretty hektik it was my daily for some time.

however it will be mostly removed as the boot will have a surge tank and fuel pump in there, will also be downgrading to a single din head unit and will just run splits most likely, to save weight.

as for performance parts i have almost everything i need except for suspension arms work which i will wait until it is finished and then after driving it to see how it feels will decide on what i require. i will also be going to a smaller size wheel in 18inch diameter but probably 11's on the back and 10's on the front.

Edited by GUN_METAL_GTR32

• 2 weeks later...

alrighty

sorry for the delay on the pics i misplaced my camera at my bros wedding and i only found it today lol

any way i cant find the pics from when i first got it but i should track them down soon coz my ex gf has them on her laptop.

here are some photos of it at DT panels in the paint booth and some of it at my old house just after i got it back from the paint shop. the color is the standard nissan white with pearl and extra metallic. im very happy with the color. whilst it was there i also got him to repair some damage on the front bar and side skirts. the front bar is a genuine tommy kaira front bar and i got the lip of it done in just a glossy black. also had the boot lock deleted, the gay little gt badges removed and added the nismo indicators. the wing on the back uses the same holes as the factory wing so i got Vu to also secure the top parts of it.

then there r photos in my parents garage (i just moved back home) coz i have been doing a few things like installing the cage and the bride seats, removing the stereo and the rear interior parts. ive also removed the centre console which i have painted but now i am going to get them all made in carbon fibre.

im still waiting on my door trims to arrive so when they r all in ill post more pics of the interior but it will all be finished next time u see it. its going in to sabaddins on about the 17th may just after there dyno day so ill get more photos happening then as well

post-31553-1272858436_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858497_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858520_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858542_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858563_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858584_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858600_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858623_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858645_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858669_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858691_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858715_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858739_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858766_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858780_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858799_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858816_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858832_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858844_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858859_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858878_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858899_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858916_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858933_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858950_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858966_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1272858981_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ok then car is now at sabadins in clayton. if anyone was at the dyno day they would have seen it up on the middle hoist :ermm:

whilst i was there me, rob from sabadin and big vic from eas were chatting and i have decided to go with an rb25/30 hybrid engine :banana:

ill get some actual progress shots on the way soon.

ok then a lil progress

heaps of changed ideas over the last week we are now going for 600-800hp so alot of stuff was changed and sold and new parts will be ordered. the budget literally doubled also hahaha

the rb30 block has been stripped down and is being sent off to get acid dipped and painted etc

weve decided also to go for an rb26 head heavily modified with cams, valves, etc

gt35r has been sold and going for a big gt42

plazmaman plenum has also been sold and thinking about getting a hypertune manifold in its place but ill decide this later down the track

a few of the parts we are also getting is

custom billet oil pump

pwr radiator

pwr custom intercooler

pwr oil cooler

still using a 6boost manifold

forged pistons

forged rods

piston rings

ati balancer

oil restrictors

heavy duty belts

custom bearings

custom girdle

arp head stud

arp main studs

tial 60mm wastegate

we have to make a custom loom as well

ignition system is still undecided at this stage but that will be one of the last things to do anyway

were building the engine to rev to around 9000rpm :P

my exhaust will not be big enough so moving up to a 4inch dump pipe and full 4 inch exhaust with a screamer pipe

im also unsure if im gonna put this in my r34 gtt im considering selling it and getting an r34 gtr as essentially i want a car i can drag and circuit race but it depends on funds when the engine is finished in a few months

i have a couple photos of the block just as it got finished being stripped but it is really dirty lol so after its cleaned and painted ill put post up photos

yeah dude i work at highpoint. my mate owns the car wash so i always parked it there and they looked after it for me.

bought the cage from a girl on sau its ok. ive seen better. it was made by a dude in bayswater.

Edited by GUN_METAL_GTR32

yeah i love my rims. im thinking about getting them resprayed a nice metallic black or something.

i dont think it was browns davis ive spoken to him over the phone about doing the front section of it as well and it was a different number to the sticker on the cage.

u will love his cages my friend has one in his r31 drift car and its pretty sweet

• 2 weeks later...

sunline racing carbon door trims arrived on wednesday in the mail so ill be dropping them off on thursday

also bought some new rims

work equips

18x9.5 (i cant remember the offset but ill check on thursday but it was lowish)

18x10.5 -26 yes minus 26 :)

ill be fitting these on thursday to see how they fit and depending on how much they stick out ill decide if i just roll/flare/pump the guards more or go some nice carbon bolt on flares

pics r coming during the week

fk -26 sounds like fun gettin that on, what you gonna do with the vs-kfs? i'd leave em chrome im a bit over the black centres

yeah tried the rims on yesterday, i was getting them off a mate, there nice rims but they r not the right offset so they have a custom spacer to fit 114.3. they stuck out about 1.5 inches further than my already serioulsy flared guards but the spacer worried me a bit so my mate took them back

so im back on the hunt for rims still.

drug dealer? :blush:

I need a better job :(

very nice, keen to see where this ends up, go the TK front bar! vents large enough to swallow a small child!

lol no not a drug dealer i work every f**king single day in the family business

thanks rush yeah i like the tk front bar its geniuine as well.

i wanna find some carbon side skirts to match it haha

the vents are a good size they should be big enoough to fees the custom cooler, and oil cooler that is going in there.

spewin about the rims would have been crazy if you could get em on and fitting, bolt on flares ftw? haha

when you aimin to be on the track with this?

oh and you keepin the vs-kfs ?? :blush:

oh well ill get something else i guess.

hopefully have it on the track by the end of the year, still gotta stich weld the engine bay and around the doors (z tune style) then get the bay, boot and door jams painted the same color as the outside of the car.

the rims are for sale if u want them. im selling them for less than half of what i paid for them with tyres, i paid $4500 + $1500 for tyres im selling for $2500 with tyres fronts are pirelli rears are average brand (they have a few scratches on them and one has a big gutter rash but all repairable) let me know if u wanna have a closer look