SAU Community

M35 Works Bell Paddle Shift

spoolin12

A how-to would be awesome.

I'm in the process of getting my tiptronic going, and either a Works Bell shifter, or get some CNC'd up and make my own.

if your getting some CNC'd i might be interested. not interested in the carbon look.

but anodised .. hmmm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will talk to the GF's brother, he's an engineer.

And then i'll see what my magical auto sparky can do, he's a wonder with electronics, especially auto shifters.

And then i'll see what my magical auto sparky can do, he's a wonder with electronics, especially auto shifters.

Maybe find a way around the delay when triggering a "manual" shift?:whistling:

Maybe find a way around the delay when triggering a "manual" shift?:whistling:

please elaborate dale?

i just meant if he's having a look, and he's clever; he might find a fix for the delay when you shift manually, a la Scotty and your's ECU wire snip...

wanna know a quick way to shift(which you may already know)

when in Manual. and you change gear, as soon as your push the stick to change, pull your foot off the accelerator and stomp on it again..

also the shift kit install is helping us shift quicker.

ill get in the car tomorrow morning and tell you which wire it is and what size resistor.. u really wont need a switch, i dont think ive ever touched mine..

wanna know a quick way to shift(which you may already know)

when in Manual. and you change gear, as soon as your push the stick to change, pull your foot off the accelerator and stomp on it again..

also the shift kit install is helping us shift quicker.

ill get in the car tomorrow morning and tell you which wire it is and what size resistor.. u really wont need a switch, i dont think ive ever touched mine..

Yeah, knew the "Rolling the throttle" one, and I'm trying to justify a shift kit to the "Minister for War & Finance" at the moment...

do what i do.. pretend somethings wrong with it and then say it needs to be "fixed" lol

the guy who did mine n jethros said if you send the valve body to me he'll do it for under $500

do what i do.. pretend somethings wrong with it and then say it needs to be "fixed" lol

the guy who did mine n jethros said if you send the valve body to me he'll do it for under $500

I remember you said who it was, but do you want to give me a number, or a link to contact him?:cheers:

I'm very keen to do this mod as well......

If somebody (Scott or Aaron) could do a post which summarized "why" and "how to" that would be brilliant.

Would also help those searching in the future!

Thanks guys!

ok so i slacked off.. ill do it today lol.. ill take some pics as well

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!......sleep.gif

Oh and a little birdy told me yesterday the the error when you get it limits boost to .7PSI for those of you running the standard boost system.

Edited by Jetwreck

• 4 months later...