SAU Community

Deca Wrap Up - Saturday 5th June 2010

ashneel

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

josh - no worries... you did quite well in some of the battles :)

i would guess it was ssxricho's car

deca_june_2010%20339.jpg

it does sound a lil different

said it before but i'll say it again... what an event!

the skidan layout was just awesome fun this time!

wasnt this one but it did sound ace though.

was good meeting ya Josh.

lol bet you were wishing that i was driving in front of you again to warm you up with the sparks from my car lol

Ryan - No such luck on the Gromet.That would be too easy. Got a heap of old towels out and did a sponge and squeeze job for an hour this morning!

Ash - Where were you when I needed you!? haha

Thanks all for making the day possible, was definitely one of the most fun DECA's I've done!

There was a really nice variety of cars there this time too which always makes things more interesting.

Great photo albums too guys! :blink:

Thankyou to everyone who helped out officiating through out the day. Anna, Tim, Campbell, Bec, Martin, Ben, Mat, Tony, Rusty G and Rusty C, Mick, halle and i think there were a couple of other vest wearers but brain is still a bit busted... Also, with the guys from the normal committee helping out the motorsport committee the day ran even smoother. Thanks guys. And to everyone who helped clear the skid pan at the end of the day, that was a great help!

Next deca we will double our scrutineers so we can pump people through and get out on track on time. It would help if people turn up on time also :blink: We also need more people to bring helpers with them. we didnt have enough people until the very last minute.

Results will be done tommorow night and posted wednesday. Should be interesting as there were a lot of hit cones and mistakes made by nearly everyone.

Results will be done tommorow night and posted wednesday. Should be interesting as there were a lot of hit cones and mistakes made by nearly everyone.

Yer there were TONS of mistakes throughout the day from almost everyone! Will definitely be interesting...glad to hear I wasn't the only one who knocked cones or WD'd lol.

i didn't WD this time! lol

Me either, I hope.

I did hit a cone though, and spun out twice. Gravel at the end of the mini wang caught me by surprise.

Yer there were TONS of mistakes throughout the day from almost everyone! Will definitely be interesting...glad to hear I wasn't the only one who knocked cones or WD'd lol.

atleast you didnt hit a cone, drive over it and carry it around the whole freakin track with ya while going the wrong way :blink: lol

Hey all! Another awesome event!

Well done to the organisers and officials once again. Top stuff!

I didn't have the best day in the Rx7. Had the cooler pipe come off twice in the morning (never happened before in the two years I've been running the car) not that it would've mattered much on the skidpan courses! And later in the day the oil drain off the turbo began to weep oil onto the manifold causing smoke where its not meant to be haha! Had a few drips on the trailer when I unloaded this morning so nothing to bad but a nuiscance nontheless! To those saying I need an lsd...I've got one, it's just worn out haha! Rebuild time for the diff...one day!

Even with my setbacks it was still a blast! And I still managed to get spastic drunk! Good times indeed!

And I still managed to get spastic drunk! Good times indeed!

You weren't the only one! There was a table full of SAU members and then right beside it there was another table with you sitting alone, holding a beer and staring into nothing. We had some good talks, those that I can remember anyway.

Nup just you.....

You weren't the only one! There was a table full of SAU members and then right beside it there was another table with you sitting alone, holding a beer and staring into nothing. We had some good talks, those that I can remember anyway.

Hahahaha! Yep when I get to that state I'm ready for bed!!! I am really struggling to remember the details of the night!!! Like I said, good times!

What an awesome DECA. Best so far I think and all the others have been great.

Been way under the pump since getting back but still feel the buzz.

Major kudos to the organisers and volunteers who did/always do an awesome job.

Great to see lots of excellent driving and the variety of different cars.

Bummer about the rain coming back and felt for the elfin owner but good on Shep for the "no rain ever" status.

Really looking forward to the next DECA which the EVO will be back up for. Hope I can do as well as in the Lancer but doubt it. Sob for downgrading from FWD to only AWD. :domokun:

Great to see everyone again as well and cheers to all.

wow lot's of wd's ? now i'm very happy i learnt the layouts.

Hey all! Another awesome event!

Well done to the organisers and officials once again. Top stuff!

I didn't have the best day in the Rx7. Had the cooler pipe come off twice in the morning (never happened before in the two years I've been running the car) not that it would've mattered much on the skidpan courses! And later in the day the oil drain off the turbo began to weep oil onto the manifold causing smoke where its not meant to be haha! Had a few drips on the trailer when I unloaded this morning so nothing to bad but a nuiscance nontheless! To those saying I need an lsd...I've got one, it's just worn out haha! Rebuild time for the diff...one day!

Even with my setbacks it was still a blast! And I still managed to get spastic drunk! Good times indeed!

i had to replace vince's drain pipe in the gunmetal grey M spec R32 the night before deca because it was more then a little leak on thursday night :domokun: it wasn't a nice surprise at 9pm.

yeh talk about smashed. :D