SAU Community

Deca Wrap Up - Saturday 5th June 2010

ashneel

Another great DECA down. I don't think I'll ever defrost though, could that have been the coldest DECA ever? Oh well, as usual I've got sunburn to keep my face warm haha

Thanks again to Leon & Shane for the passenger rides.

id say thats the one mate, it does sound really good.

edit: does anyone know what that lancer was running or was it stock?

That belongs to Clive. It's got an Evo motor in it and he's thinking of selling it. Mentioned $7k, pretty good deal :(

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great DECA down. I don't think I'll ever defrost though, could that have been the coldest DECA ever? Oh well, as usual I've got sunburn to keep my face warm haha

Thanks again to Leon & Shane for the passenger rides.

That belongs to Clive. It's got an Evo motor in it and he's thinking of selling it. Mentioned $7k, pretty good deal :D

thats pretty cheap, its definately a sleeper, but i think ill stay with the gtr :(

Massive thanks to everyone who organized, volunteered, gave me advice, let me ride in their cars, put pepper and coins in my drink, for the yager bombs, for getting us kicked out of the GV before we got in and to my gorgeous girlfriend for bunny hopping the car home so that I wouldn't lose my license to a RBT. :(

I don't know whether I forget how much fun DECA is each time I go, or whether it's getting more enjoyable with each trip but everytime I go I have an absolute blast. I'm beginning to really appreciate the wangs too (the mini in particular) whereas before I just loved the skidpan.

Bring on August.

Upset they didn't have John Farnham on the karaoke machine

OHHHHH..... I got you on video singing "this could be love"... :(

Big thanks to the SAU Vic club for a ripper day. Easily the best motorsport day ive had in years - twas an Absolute blast!

To the organisers, marshalls and volunteers magnificent effort. To organise and run a motorsport event is no mean feat, to then run it as perfectly as you did is a credit to you all. A BIG thank you.

Was also great to share the day with many like minded people, pleasure to meet you all.

Shame the crazy weather turned the car into a bath tub on the way home. Thankfully i had a bucket and was able to bail as i drove!! lol. Short of jumping into a swimming pool with your clothes on, i dont think ive ever been that cold or wet! Was a miserable end to a sensational day.

Hopefully see you all at the next one!

Cheers

Big thanks to the SAU Vic club for a ripper day. Easily the best motorsport day ive had in years - twas an Absolute blast!

To the organisers, marshalls and volunteers magnificent effort. To organise and run a motorsport event is no mean feat, to then run it as perfectly as you did is a credit to you all. A BIG thank you.

Was also great to share the day with many like minded people, pleasure to meet you all.

Shame the crazy weather turned the car into a bath tub on the way home. Thankfully i had a bucket and was able to bail as i drove!! lol. Short of jumping into a swimming pool with your clothes on, i dont think ive ever been that cold or wet! Was a miserable end to a sensational day.

Hopefully see you all at the next one!

Cheers

No gromet in the floor you could pull out?

Was everything in the Elfin waterproof? Hope it didn't take long to dry, I thought the rain was bad in a hardtop vehicle...

thank you to everybody who played a part in the organising and execution of this event.

excellent layouts, and the roundabout sounded good, but after driving over all those loose stones, and seeing the poles excellent decision to ditch it.

thumbs up !

pitty i was unable to drive in round 1, but hey there will always be another deca day.

can't wait for vidz n results. as having a look at the layout's helped alot, not to mention driving my car more in the last month then i have in the last year. davo

Mr rh1no, just wanted to say your photo album is TOPS!

Heaps and heaps of very nice action shots! You seemed to hit that button at the perfect time, every time!

Thanks for posting those up.

Thank you very much. It means a lot - I tried a few new things, will take some practise to get right every time - but I am pretty stoked with how it came out! :)

Hopefully next time I can be a driver too. ._.

Edit: I should thank you for giving me a reason to take photos! Your car was something else...

All of you guys, crazy beasts. Even if the car wasn't 'all that' - you definitely drove it interestingly.

Edited by rh1n0

Upset they didn't have John Farnham on the karaoke machine

lol, good form. I was caugt on fim last night singing John Secada, "Make it through the day without you!"

So looking forward to next DECA, will be my first in over 2 years. :)

Was an awesome day. Thanks everyone who organised it and helped out, and to Hamish for the ride and co-driving. I would have missed that cone again if it wasn't for you.

Definitley gonna try to make it to the one in August :)

i dont think ive ever been that cold or wet! Was a miserable end to a sensational day.

was good meeting ya Josh.

lol bet you were wishing that i was driving in front of you again to warm you up with the sparks from my car lol

josh - no worries... you did quite well in some of the battles :)

might of been you, it was a silver r33 series 2, didnt have a black bonnet and wasnt a gtr, but sounded very loud and different note than any other r33 rb25.

edit: could have been the one with the black bonnet i cant 100% remember now, but all i know is it didnt sound like any of the other rb25's

i would guess it was ssxricho's car

deca_june_2010%20339.jpg

it does sound a lil different

said it before but i'll say it again... what an event!

the skidan layout was just awesome fun this time!