SAU Community

Undercover Set Me Up?

D-G

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in south east suburbs and you hear of this stuff happening all the time. Ive seen them do worse my self.

They will pull up at the lights , Rev their engien and then take off. Prehaps only to speed limit but they expect u to race them and then exceed the speed limit and then they Dik ya.

Put it this way, Dont race any holdens, Besides wats a holden got on any skyline... Nothing but big fuel prices.

Did you check him for ID?

yeah he showed me when he came over to my window. Was quite interesting, the other cop that was with him looked as though he wanted to beat me into a pulp and was really mean..the cop that came over to my window was actually really nice, think he felt bad for screwing me around and baiting me haha :D

i've had this kind of crap happen about 3 weeks ago on burwood hwy from stud road all the way to where the new extension is near mountain hwy.

cop tailgated me all the way about 1 car to 1/2 a car length.

just sat on/below the speed limit and he eventually turned off.

Even a P plater in a faded red/maroon shit box VP 6cl, try hard aero kit, shiny 18"s on the front / 15" interceptors at the back and very loud exhaust cruising past did not distract him from his focus on me.

Edited by Stagea_Neo

should just slow down if you ever get tailgated like that and think there is a chance it is a cop...

and get there number plate and call them in... hopefully they would get in trouble.. not sure if they would at all but, which is actually pretty annoyn..

while we are on this topin, whats with the VE omegas i see with an antenna or two and a single LED light on the right side of the parcel shelf? i've seen a few around and they always seem to be quite elderly people/couples. got me so confused

no uniform. usually in suit/blazer. by old i mean >45yo. detectives? but then why in base model crap?

vicroads have a division that specifically deal with taxi's.. an old friend of mine used to work in that division, always had a new holden. no marking just small hint of lights etc.. could be? /shrug

• 2 weeks later...

slightly off topic but...

is it illegal to overtake 2 cars at once? (is that even a law) i was on my way home from uni 2day following 2 cars

some old ford, doing 80 - 95 at best... and an undercover cop behind him... then me...

didnt wana overtake as i wasnt sure if he would try book me for speeding or overtaking 2 cars... waited about 5 mins we both over took then the cop pulled over and chased someone goin the other way who was speeding i asume..

Not too sure, they might have under cover cars in their fleet also?

And undercover bikes too....

They even have speed cameras masquerading as red light cameras...

police have no honor. dont forget they dont just drive holdens. they have a wide range of vehicles, so be ever vigilant.

On this note, what else has everyone seen them in?

i know the cop shop near me has a white evo that they use..

have also seen someone pulled over by a Bright purple SS ute!

not illegal as far as i know, as long as you dont speed when you overtake, or cross any lines where your not allowed to

yer that was the other thing if i was gona overtake id prefer to be going faster than just 100km haha

So i was driving on freeway back to S.E suburbs from Mitchem at around 2.00am on Saturday night.

I was a couple km's from my exit at Warrigal as a shiny new looking commodore speeds up next to me, while doing consistent 100km he starts revving the crap out of his engine, then slow down, goes behind me and flashes high beams and tail gates me. So i speed up to get away from the lunatic but he follows, i change into the far left lane and he keeps pushing up my ass. I get to about 1XXkm and i see the exit + a speed camera stationed at it.

The commodore casually drives off and i noticed a one too many antennas at the back of it.

Not sure whether they got me or not, but was that them setting me up? Anyone can clarify this? It's been bothering the hell out of me...

ui got the same thing once in Dandenong Princes Hwy....a gtst started to drag race with me and i sped off....once i went past and they got caught on the lights, a police car followed me and pulled me over....was told that i was drag racing with the other skyline.....i told them the truth and they checked my lic and let me go with warning....

There were 3 guys sitting in the gtst....it was a setup too.....

yer that was the other thing if i was gona overtake id prefer to be going faster than just 100km haha

Exactly right, overtaking without going over 100 is just plain dangerous. The other car would have to be doing <80km/h for it to be safe.