SAU Community

Waterless Car Wash Spray

Hey guys,

I went to a shopping centre today and there was like a promotion stand with people demonstrating a waterless car wash spray, it's foam like, in a can. He tried it on my car and my car was covered in dust but after he sprayed it and wiped it, it came out looking like it's just been washed. He also did it on my headlight and it came out like it's been just polished.

I was going to get a can, but it was like $40 so I didn't end up getting it, but now come to think of it, it might have been handy. But they said they didn't have a website, store or anything, they only sell em on locations.

So I'm just wondering if anyone know a good brand.

It looks kinda like this can on the left:

ultraion.jpg

if you wipe your car with a damp cloth and it will look like it's just been washed too. there are plenty of these type of products at auto stores.

personally i prefer the wet wash because at least then you can hose off the big dirt so that you don't rub it into/against your paint.

Hey guys,

I went to a shopping centre today and there was like a promotion stand with people demonstrating a waterless car wash spray, it's foam like, in a can. He tried it on my car and my car was covered in dust but after he sprayed it and wiped it, it came out looking like it's just been washed. He also did it on my headlight and it came out like it's been just polished.

I was going to get a can, but it was like $40 so I didn't end up getting it, but now come to think of it, it might have been handy. But they said they didn't have a website, store or anything, they only sell em on locations.

So I'm just wondering if anyone know a good brand.

It looks kinda like this can on the left:

ultraion.jpg

Close friend is a detailer, lost count of how many "corrections" hes been doing to paint jobs care of these products. This ranges from the cheap products right up to the more expensive type like dri wash n guard. Best thing to do is your good old fashioned wash, use good quality microfiber mitt to wash and good quality chamois to dry.

Edited by TUFF_350

If your going to use waterless wash.... Use a microfibre cloth on it, a proper one would be best.

They do work pretty good but dont just use any old rag cause it will drag the dirt along the paint. microfibre (Proper) cloth or nothing

I actually just found out the brand and they did have a website :D

The brand is FW1. After doing some quick research, many people say it's bad for the paint and it eats away the clear coat.

But I was thinking to buy it for windows, headlights and rims, is that a good idea? Because it actually did a really good job on my window and headlights

I actually just found out the brand and they did have a website :D

The brand is FW1. After doing some quick research, many people say it's bad for the paint and it eats away the clear coat.

But I was thinking to buy it for windows, headlights and rims, is that a good idea? Because it actually did a really good job on my window and headlights

windows would be alright, but if u got clear on ur wheels, not good, and might not be good for plastics (headlights) if it already eats at clear, plastic might not have a chance!

I actually just found out the brand and they did have a website :whistling:

yeah i got some, i talked hom down got 4 cans for 100$, just offer them 2 for 50$ they'll do it..Whatever you do dont pay 40$ for a can...Plus you get a 30$ water saver rebate, so 4 cans for 70$and it will last u ages

Ive been using it for well over a year without a problem,.My skyline has new paint and the missus has a new accord with metallic paint, i wash everything with it windows ,wheels, lights, chrome

I usually give the car a quik hose at the carwash 1$ to remove lumpy dirt...Then use the FW1 with a microcloth to handwash it, good thing is it gets waxed at the same time , One can lasted me easily 6 months or more on 2 cars...Id wash them about once a month or so ,so its pretty good value,i still have over 2 cans left . Though i still give a proper carnuba wax once a year or so..

Dont spray it on too thick and wax on wax off with seperate rags and its great stuff for regular washing..have even used it to wash the shower screens amongst other stuff..

So yeah i would recommend it ,but not at 40$ a can :teehee: And i wouldnt wash a dirty car just with that, cause your basically rubbing the dirt of which is what will eat at the clear i reckon not the product itself. Like with most new products people that dont know how to use them properly stuff things up then blame the product itself, Thats my theory anyway, if the clear coat falls of my car I'll eat my words..But our honda isnt garaged,I havent washed it for at least 2 months or more and right now its sitting out in the rain beading like a champion :banana:

Edited by Arthur T3

yeah i got some, i talked hom down got 4 cans for 100$, just offer them 2 for 50$ they'll do it..Whatever you do dont pay 40$ for a can...Plus you get a 30$ water saver rebate, so 4 cans for 70$and it will last u ages

Ive been using it for well over a year without a problem,.My skyline has new paint and the missus has a new accord with metallic paint, i wash everything with it windows ,wheels, lights, chrome

I usually give the car a quik hose at the carwash 1$ to remove lumpy dirt...Then use the FW1 with a microcloth to handwash it, good thing is it gets waxed at the same time , One can lasted me easily 6 months or more on 2 cars...Id wash them about once a month or so ,so its pretty good value,i still have over 2 cans left . Though i still give a proper carnuba wax once a year or so..

Dont spray it on too thick and wax on wax off with seperate rags and its great stuff for regular washing..have even used it to wash the shower screens amongst other stuff..

So yeah i would recommend it ,but not at 40$ a can :whistling: And i wouldnt wash a dirty car just with that, cause your basically rubbing the dirt of which is what will eat at the clear i reckon not the product itself. Like with most new products people that dont know how to use them properly stuff things up then blame the product itself, Thats my theory anyway, if the clear coat falls of my car I'll eat my words..But our honda isnt garaged,I havent washed it for at least 2 months or more and right now its sitting out in the rain beading like a champion :teehee:

That's good to hear. I actually found a sell that'd sell me 2 cans for $40. So I'm gonna try this stuff out.

But I'll probably use it mainly on my windows lol. Does this stuff prevents fog or mist building up on the windows?

Got a better deal than me... :whistling:

It did stop fogging a little but not for long i wouldnt rely on it...Like i said we used it on the shower it didnt stop fogging really..

I usually use rainex or similar product on the windows, outside anyway..awesome stuff..

Cause the honda doesnt get the carport (its reserved for my skyline of course..) Plus we live near the coast i like to wax it good..Just give your car a good proper polish with good quality polish..then use a light coat of FW1 once a month or so to top it up..That way your only waxing over the top of the good wax so i dont see how it could afffect your clear coat really..

But yeah dont wash your whole car with it..the rag gets dirty very quickly and then you are just rubbing dirt back into it, unless you use heaps of rags..But if its well waxed a quick hose will get the dirt off easily, works great for stopping brake dust too..

I use it on all the door/window rubbers as well and they havent dried out or anything..In fact there nice n shiny

• 1 month later...

I've been using FW1 for over a year now, no scratching, peeling or problems with the paint. Always comes up niice on windows, rims and any exterior surface of the car and restores headlights to clear/see through (removes that mist look). Just be sure to rinse the car before tho otherwise when u wipe the car, small bits of dirt will scratch your paintwork.

It is expensive, but does the job.

I love how it says in the directions for use of the 'waterless' thing:

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:

•Shake can vigorously (5-10 seconds).

•Use in a shaded area (away from direct sunlight)

•Rinse off EXCESS dirt/mud (You don't rub MUD on your car do you?).

•Spray on a light coat of FW1 on a small section (3 or 4 sq. ft).

•Using a terry cloth towel GENTLY rub FW1 in a circular motion (Work smart not hard).

•Allow 10-20 sec for FW1 to dry to a haze.

•Using a second soft towel (we recommend using micro fiber towels) LIGHTLY BUFF TO A SHOW CAR SHINE

Edited by Mayuri Krab

Charles, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

please, dispose of all FW1 cans (recycle if possible) - that stuff is the work of the devil.

enjoy your plastics/exterior trim whilst you still have it, same for your clear as well..

to everyone else using it, it's some of the harshest crap you could use on a car. for the love of everything skyline, please stop using it!

there's no real need for a waterless system anyway - put a bucket in your shower and collect the water as it heats up, you'll have plenty for even weekly washes.

Charles, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

please, dispose of all FW1 cans (recycle if possible) - that stuff is the work of the devil.

enjoy your plastics/exterior trim whilst you still have it, same for your clear as well..

to everyone else using it, it's some of the harshest crap you could use on a car. for the love of everything skyline, please stop using it!

there's no real need for a waterless system anyway - put a bucket in your shower and collect the water as it heats up, you'll have plenty for even weekly washes.

Or goto Final Inspection, as you tell everyone in your posts on SAU :)

another +1 for please stay away from this kind of stuff.

Just think about it. You have dirt on your car, you then spray this stuff on and RUB THE DIRT off!!!

Are you farken kidding me! Might as well was your car the normal way, and just run your chamois through a pile of gravel before you wipe the car down. - Same end result.

If you do rinse the excess dirt off, then please explain to me what you are paying these farkers for?

If you do rinse the excess dirt off, then please explain to me what you are paying these farkers for?

It even says to rinse the car off first in their directions for use guide (see my previous post) LOL

But it didn't specify what to rinse the car with so I guess the "water-less" statement from the marketing department is still correct, since you could rinse your car with coke, beer or urine... :ermm:

i wash my car with a bucket of soapy water then F1 it..but you all making me feel bad....

maybe i should change my ways.. :ermm:

I never used it so I don't know whether they are as bad for your paint as claimed on here, so I'm not going to comment on that.

But I like to point out that if you are using the so called "waterless" wash with soapy water then doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of it being "waterless"?

You might as well just get a standard 2 in 1 wash & wax from your local auto store & just use that (or just use a standard car wash then spray wax) and you will probably save money too...