SAU Community

Z-tune #001

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As nice as it is, it's got 500hp at the engine.

I'll take my 620hp at the treads GTR instead.

Interesting to see it's value (or any z tune) in ten years. Hopefully for the owners the values don't go the way of 400R's

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if Nismo offered variations on the KY0 z-tune paint? Looking to paint mine in KY0.

Glasurit list a number of options on the paint - but I am hoping these came in as they started to offer the colour for other cars.

I got some kyo made up yesterday, there was a number after the code and the book of Nissan skyline silvers was about an inch thick

Code is "KYO-2"

Right so KYO-2 was listed against the Z-tune?

This is what Glasurit has listed under KY0. I know they offered the colour on the z-tune exclusively at the beginning, so logic would dictate that its the "standard" option.

post-12551-1285990183_thumb.png

Im still not fussed on the Z-Tune tbh, yes its nice, but what does it offer over a mild V-Spec? not much really in my books.

If I had 250K to blow I'd buy an R35 for the street and build a weapon R34 for the track/weekends.

Buuuut then again being able to say I own a Z-tune might make it worth while lol

Zebra. Z tune is hugely different to any R34 in any spec. Z tune 1 was a racing machine. Z tune 2 was started in 2004 and finished development 5 yrs later. It used a detuned Z tune 1 motor putting out about 500ps. It used the GT500 block of 2.771 litres and all the Gt500 stuff . Carbon fibre body stiffing . The list goes on and on

• 6 months later...

The car is registered!!!!!

Im the manager for Top Secret Imports and when we had the GTR day/movie night we were lucky enough to see this in the flesh it is number one built,

It is an awesome car belive it or not the pictures dont do it justice,until you see one up close then you really see the perfection that nismo created lol.