SAU Community

Rb30det With 2jz Internals

lawler

Beer can only do so much lol its all the little things that will kill a relatively modest budget on something like this.

RB25/30's are tried and tested and work, i usually go with better the devil you know than the one you don't

Edited by Weapon

I read this as "I've got very little/no money and want 300rwkw from a hybrid motor"

Never, going, to, happen.

By all means though, try and prove us wrong. Start a thread in the projects section once you start.

A realistic approach to this is a stock rb30 bottom end with new bearings, forged pistons, stock oil pump etc and put the 25 head on. If your budget permits at this point get an N1 balancer and away you go. Get it all balanced and assembled by a professional and happy days!

• 1 year later...

Im using a neo head for my rb30 build

What pistons are people using with the neo head to keep the compression down?

Does anyone know if the standard turbo neo pistons are dished or dome and there CC are

also the same info for rb30et pistons.

I dont really want to go forged but I might have to.

thanks guys for the info

So from what you have said so far you have an R31 with an NA RB30, but in your info it says an R31 with an RB25DET, question is how much power do you have?

If you are still running the NA RB30 or stock RB25 then forget about 300+ rwkw, go with the 25 and aim for 270-280, trust me, i had a fairly stock 25 and was aiming for 300+, had it tuned and hit a wall at 250 but f**k me, 250 is fun and safe on a standard 25 and there will be no f**king around with cross breeding parts that may or may not work well together, stick with the proven path to power its a lot cheaper an easier, on the other hand if you want bragging rights that you have something custom in there then you best start saving lots of money.

As for the bragging rights tho with only 320 my first question (and everyone else i know) would be "why bother".

EDIT

kitty has n00b aids!

Edited by W0rp3D

guys, kitty just bumped this thread and for whatever reason decided to post his [irrelevant to toyotas] question in it lol. That other guy seems to understand now that toyota internals in a RB30 is not the best idea.

kitty, RB25 neo has dome pistons.

Or this:

Nissan skyline r34 2jz 2000

• Current bid: $18,000.00
  • Reserve not met
  • Closes: Sat 10 Dec, 10:42 am
  • Listing #: 427118066

Min next bid: $Place BidAuto-bid help.gif195973289.jpgPhoto 1 of 10l-button.gifr-button.gif

• 195973688.jpg
  • 195973696.jpg
  • 195973289.jpg
  • 195973335.jpg
  • 195973392.jpg

mag.gifView full size photos1pixel.gifad_ge_preapproved220409_lozenge.gif ad_bp_state_nissan_dynamic121108_lozenge.gif Kilometres: 115,065km Body: red, 4 door, Sedan Fuel type: Petrol Engine: 6 cylinder, 3000cc, Manual Registration expires: No Registrati­on WOF expires: No WOF heres my r34 up for sale unfortunatly have to part with it as i need a daily driver and this doesnt get driven.

heres some of the cars features.

engine an drivetrain-

2jz-gte 350+kw at the wheels tuned and dynod at dobsons dyno tune.

r154 gearbox with alloy bushes.

osgigen push type clutch setup.

sard fuel pressure regulator.

braided fuel lines throughout.

front facing plenum,

stainless headers,

t4 turbo,

link g4 storm.

3 link igniters.

link g4 dispaly dash.

bosch coilpacks located under the dash.

48mm external wastegate.

external fuel pump and surge tank.

3 inch straight through exhaust system.

alloy radiator

inside and outside-

streetpro kits widebody front and rare,

streetpro kits uras body kit with gtr bee*r front bumper.

just been painted inside and out at re automotive.

6 point roll cage.

koya bucket seats.

apexi ajusties

pitty the jz range has 92mm bore spacing and rb has 96.5mm..... same as m104 merc and L series. with a larger gap seperating the first and last 3 cyl.. so unless you get out your metal stamp and punch in 2jz over the rb26 your nowhere.

cheers.

Im using a neo head for my rb30 build

What pistons are people using with the neo head to keep the compression down?

Does anyone know if the standard turbo neo pistons are dished or dome and there CC are

also the same info for rb30et pistons.

I dont really want to go forged but I might have to.

thanks guys for the info

RB30 Forged Flat tops will give you the Comp you want for a nice streeter and RB30ET Pistons if you want very low comp.

Buy some forged Flat tops from Spool etc.

None of the 2JZ parts are directly compatible with any of the RB series nissans. Piston compression height is 2mm too tall, the gudgeons are 22mm, not 21mm. The pistons are dished as well. The conrod length is 10mm shorter than the RB and they are 2mm larger and 3mm wider at the big end. In short, nothing fits. Not even with some massaging.

The idea of pinching some of the dimensions of a 2JZ and using them in an RB is a good one. 2JZ's are built like diesels. There is no cheap way about it though. Its custom all the way for every part you want to use.

I read this as "I've got very little/no money and want 300rwkw from a hybrid motor"

Never, going, to, happen.

Total thread hijack awaits. But I don't think there's enough info on low power hybrid motors.

Is a hybrid motor a reasonable upgrade for someone with little money wanting to make no more than 250rwkw but rather have a better area under the power curve?

Total thread hijack awaits. But I don't think there's enough info on low power hybrid motors.

Is a hybrid motor a reasonable upgrade for someone with little money wanting to make no more than 250rwkw but rather have a better area under the power curve?

If you do the work yourself, and do it right the first time. Mistakes cost money.

A good example of building a cheap hybrid is here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/350554-my-diy-attempted-rb2530-build-is-running-but-there-are-some-issues/

If you do the work yourself, and do it right the first time. Mistakes cost money.

A good example of building a cheap hybrid is here:

http://www.skylinesa...re-some-issues/

So it is proven possible. Thanks for the reply GTRNUR. :cheers:

Unfortunately I don't have the tools or knowledge for a rebuild. Otherwise this could have been a great project for me over the university summer holidays. I always hear great things about how these engines drive.