SAU Community

Getting The Most Out Of A Built 26 And Gtss Turbos

iv just finished my build and want to get the most out of my setup so was wondering if i should get it tuned on e85 fuel

mods are

fully forged rb26

tomei poncams, cam gears, power fc d jetro, fuel pump, 800cc injectors on greedy rail, spitfire coilpacks, hks ignition and HKS GTSS turbo's

whats the most power that gtss turbos can produce? anyone have their 26 with gtss turbo's tuned on e85?

What fuel pump exactly?

More or less listen to the above guys, they know. I'd be using my limited knowledge to say around mid 300's before your injectors maxed.

Be sure the pump you have will suit your flow requirements though.

yup, as has been said or injectors will be the deciding factor.

make sure you remind your tuner to check the duty cycle and stop the tune at around 90% (wherever you guys are both comfortable)

i'm sure most tuners will do this anyway, but it is something that occasionally gets forgotten

380rwkw is the highest figure I have heard reported from GT-SS's

I am considering testing their limits on E85 also and have sourced ID injectors to handle the fuel supply

Think of what you'de make on 2530's though :thumbsup:

Dont change to E85 you will probably regret, You will make the car "thirsty" it will drink alot. My idea is to change the turbos to GT-RS.

Its right you will get better performance and better "security" in the engine but as i said it will drink alot.

Dont change to E85 you will probably regret, You will make the car "thirsty" it will drink alot. My idea is to change the turbos to GT-RS.

Its right you will get better performance and better "security" in the engine but as i said it will drink alot.

Clearly GT-SS's were chosen with response in mind - 330rwkw/PULP 380rwkw/E85

Now.. why on EARTH would be pick 450rwkw/PULP of turbo if he is chasing response, and on a 2.6l?

Silly suggestion, no extra 'security', just a whole lotta lag.