SAU Community

Tirerack.com?

Peter89

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

They would probably have a big enough customer base for RE55's just here on sau Lol.

Absolutely. I reckon I could put together 5 sets with the people I know who want them pretty easily.

How about it Tirerack? RE55s? (or D03g Dunlop, or Yoko 050)

Edited by R32 TT

Tire Rack was very helpfull with my quote and then my requote when I wanted the sizes changed a bit, and when I transfered the funds the tyres were on their way the next day, TIRE RACK you rock.

My tyres have been released by customs and are about 30 Klm away, LOL, its taken 4 days to travel 15,000 Klm, how long will the 30 Klm take ?

Im guessing another 4, lol....

• 4 weeks later...

Slightly more road noise than I would have thought for a hi po road tyre, but grip in wet and dry so far is excellent, well worth the slight raise in road noise, lucky the 044 no rear seat and induction noise drowns it out.

Will be getting some 265/40 17 for my track day rims for sure, I just need the car working properly so my old Dunlop DO1Js finally wear out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about some 19" Conti's myself, which did you go? Have they arrived yet & if so any feedback on them?

cheers, Tim

Conti's are on their way :thumbsup:

19" tyres - $270 Econ shipping. Got no idea why so cheap!

Loving the Tire Rack Experience so far.

Thinking about some 19" Conti's myself, which did you go? Have they arrived yet & if so any feedback on them?

cheers, Tim

Arrived - about 6 days I think. 225/40 19 Extreme Contact DW. $205 US each when bought. Have only driven them for one day so far, but impressions so far are good. Don't know why they are cheaper than sportcontact range, they are a German made tyre. Great overall grip, more compliant in the ride than I expected, which is nice. Feel a little dead just off centre, but the overall grip is great. They have the one of the best reviews on the site I could find.

Tirerack experience was great.

good stuff. you will love them. :) they're my favourite budget/midrange street/track tyre.

I have a set of those on my car now. Does anybody know what I should start them on, cold pressures, hot pressures. Doing a trackday soon.

personally (and this was on my evo 6 RS) I found they liked higher pressures than the track tyres I normally use (semi-slicks like A048/A050, RE55 etc).

what track is it?

given you have a R33 GTR I would start with around 32-33psi cold. they seemed to work well for me around 36psi hot, they might like even a touch more on a heavier car, maybe even try 34psi cold, do 3 laps or so to see how they feel, come in and check the pressures and adjust as needed from there. you should have it pretty sorted after 2 or 3 quick checks.

• 3 months later...

Did all of you guys have to pay using wire transfer?

They stated at the bottom that they accept credit card and paypal but when I emailed them, they only do cc and paypal for US customers, Aus is only wire transfer...

Did all of you guys have to pay using wire transfer?

They stated at the bottom that they accept credit card and paypal but when I emailed them, they only do cc and paypal for US customers, Aus is only wire transfer...

Yeah wire transfer, 5 minutes in the bank, easy as.