SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

Overrated mate save your money. Your response looks better than an 8374 for sure.

I have never seen a convincing dyno chart for and rb26 or 28 yet even though these things have been out forever.

Will be interesting to see piggazis and Harrisracings when they eventually post a chart.

Sorry for the delays in my project, but I'm back on it and set my goals to have that thing dyno'd within 45 days. I'm trying like hell! Trust me, I want to see an 8374 efr dyno on a stroker as well :)

theres an RB30 + 8374 dyno chart from Chris Vautier (new zealand) somehwere in this thread: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/154737-sub-boys-r32-gt-r-then-now-66.html

Holy smokes is that really 630 whp on PUMP GAS?!

Well I'm hoping to hit my target of 550 whp on pump gas. Any more is Lagniappe as we say down here :)

Anyone running one of the newer T4 TS 6758's on an SR20? Can't find tooooo many people around with the setup. Thinking about going low mount T4 TS manifold and 6758 T4 TS 0.80 turbo (stiffer spring on internal wastegate) on my S15. It's daily driver. Some weekend warrior, and occasional track day. I'm all about that response. Poncam, Z32, 2000cc injectors, Forged engine, RB25 gearbox, Nistune (e85 Fuel).... was hoping for 300rwkw, maybe full boost around 3500rpm. Which seems to be a fantastic package, especially with that off boost and 'transient' response the BW are known for. Can anyone speculate on results of the TS 6758??

I know everyone totes the 7163, and I do love it, was considering in T4 TS version... however I just think I'll end up netting ~350rwkw which I just don't think is useable in an s-chassis.

"slow is smooth and smooth is fast" - some guy probs a while back.

Agreed that housing is more compact in everyway. My boost solenoid (8374) is out on the edge of the compressor housing as well. While mine fit well like it is, I bet the 90 degree is a better fit with piping.

these new BW 90 degress housings? Seems like would make pipe layout on an SR20det (S15 in my case) alot easier.

agreed- for SR20 s-chassis that 90 degree housing B1 turbo posted above can help clean up pipe routings. They are much more expensive housings however

for the bigger 8374 and 9180 turbos, these already come with an optional vband you can add a 90

Anyone running one of the newer T4 TS 6758's on an SR20? Can't find tooooo many people around with the setup. Thinking about going low mount T4 TS manifold and 6758 T4 TS 0.80 turbo (stiffer spring on internal wastegate) on my S15. It's daily driver. Some weekend warrior, and occasional track day. I'm all about that response. Poncam, Z32, 2000cc injectors, Forged engine, RB25 gearbox, Nistune (e85 Fuel).... was hoping for 300rwkw, maybe full boost around 3500rpm. Which seems to be a fantastic package, especially with that off boost and 'transient' response the BW are known for. Can anyone speculate on results of the TS 6758??

I have not tried the TS6758 but I agree it may be a perfect combination for what youre considering. You can use it with the 90 degree housing I have a beater S14 with SR20 and was running an old 6258. it works so well on a junk setup for 350hp that i dont plan to change anything

Holy smokes is that really 630 whp on PUMP GAS?! Well I'm hoping to hit my target of 550 whp on pump gas.

yes that is pump gas, on a built/prepped RB30. 550whp seems reasonable if the wastegate actuator is properly sprung and everything is in order.

Geoff, does full race have these in stock?

We stock the entire line of EFR turbos, the 90 degree comp covers are en route to us

AFAIK, They've only released the 90° housings for the 6258, 6758 and 7163...

100% correct. 8374/9180 already have a vband outlet that can serve as a 90 addition easily

Can't believe I have this turbo and didn't notice that? Do you simply machine off the end and then use a 2.5" vband? Does someone sell a 90 with flanged connection already?

I'd really interested. My piping does fit well but it is all silicone. That outlet really gets tight near my shock tower.

• Like 1

Can't believe I have this turbo and didn't notice that? Do you simply machine off the end and then use a 2.5" vband? Does someone sell a 90 with flanged connection already?

I'd really interested. My piping does fit well but it is all silicone. That outlet really gets tight near my shock tower.

yes that is correct @harrisracing -- cut the end off and its a standard vband. the same as any Cummins/Holset turbo and many other BW or MHI turbos. There are cast 90 degree vbands available for this application but you could also just but a vband and weld the intercooler pipe to it