SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

yes that is correct @harrisracing -- cut the end off and its a standard vband. the same as any Cummins/Holset turbo and many other BW or MHI turbos. There are cast 90 degree vbands available for this application but you could also just but a vband and weld the intercooler pipe to it

Hey Geoff, do you have these bends for sale? did not notice them on you website.

I might be interested in one of those vband 90 degree bends too. Or even just the vband to suit the outlet, I couldn't find them on the Full Race site.

Actually I also need an exhaust vband flange and clamp to suit an EFR8374 0.92 IWG turbo, an EFR boost solenoid pigtail and an internal wastegate canister heat shield (thats compatible with the single port Turbosmart actuators). Maybe you could do a package for us in Australia? :)

Edited by JustinP

• 2 weeks later...

Have you received any info regarding the new s400-sxe range ?

I noticed a SEMA 2015 video where a couple of reps from Borg Warner were talking about them. One in particular was an 88mm 10 blade compressor wheel with 1.15 a/r t6 exhaust housing.

Any indication on what will be available for a t4 exhaust housing? Seems to be a bit of limited information so far, but some have been listed on Jegs too. I was about to buy a s400sx3 until I saw the video - might as well hold out a little longer.

Thanks

Have you received any info regarding the new s400-sxe range ? I noticed a SEMA 2015 video where a couple of reps from Borg Warner were talking about them. One in particular was an 88mm 10 blade compressor wheel with 1.15 a/r t6 exhaust housing. Any indication on what will be available for a t4 exhaust housing? Seems to be a bit of limited information so far, but some have been listed on Jegs too. I was about to buy a s400sx3 until I saw the video - might as well hold out a little longer.

we have the all new 10 blade 72mm SXE in stock now. 110lb/min from a 72mm inducer is very impressive! the 88mm is approx 4-6 weeks out the last i heard. if youd like to email me at geoff[at]full-race[dot]com with the exact spec you are interested in, I will get you an update asap.

pics of the 72mm from our instagram feed this week:

12328438_1543820419248954_403538002_n.jp

1516887_884742251623484_1098127964_n.jpg

Assume the 7163 aluminium chra is the same as the old 6758 indy car one...excluding the wheel diameters. Is there any possibility of BW supplying or producing them again?

sorry i do not understand your question?

Thanks. I was hoping they might have something in 76mm + compressor wheel / 87mm turbine. t6 is too big for my engine bay. Hopefully they will redo the 80mm or 82mm billet in the new compressor wheel configuration. I'll keep an eye out and send you an email when more info comes available.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got my car very roughly tuned in enough to make a decent 10 psi pull and I AM LOVING THIS TURBO!

Sounds frigging awesome, responds very well, seems to spool strong at around 3700-4k rpms (I'll log it soon). And I assure you I have a little lean spot on the bottom and I haven't touched timing yet, so I'm sure it will get better!

Quick little video.

Have you started the car yet?

if you mean me, not yet probably another month, still at work.

-10 AN to the REAR drain.

I'm using a Fullrace IWG manifold so the drain has a easy run between 1&2 runners

That turbo sounds sweet! looking forward to seeing it tuned ...you must have worked an all nighter to get that engine back together!

Good job!

BW 8374 EFR .92 iwg on 93 octane pump on Tomei poncam A cams, ported head, SS valves, hypertune V2 manifold, 8.5:1 CR, stock bores, 79mm stroker BC crank, 6 boost divided IWG manifold, Day 2 of tune...still not 100% by any means, cams not set at all (straight up zero on both)...

3rd gear pull from 2800 rpms:

5.0 psi boost at 3,077 rpms.

9.0 psi boost at 3,555 rpms

per Haltech log I just pulled. I'm sure there is more room here for better spool. I'm only set to 10 psi boost in haltech right now for break in and simple map tuning. I would tell you where it goes to 10 but clearly ecu is sending signal and causing slow rise around 9.5 psi.

Just thought I would share.

stock intercooler for now

post-136202-0-30783100-1463451001_thumb.jpg