SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

Stop making me want to flog off all my gtx twins bits and making me want to buy a 7670 guys...

just post the gtx turbos up here and I'll test them for you
  • Like 1

Blue is 98, Red is E85

This is with the 7psi springs so will be interesting to see if response picks up with a 14psi springs.

It's also with 272 cams, bigger than the general consensus on here...

post-53650-0-57860900-1464247366_thumb.jpg

Car has run 130mph with my big ass in it, so it makes the power no question.

This is with the 7psi springs so will be interesting to see if response picks up with a 14psi springs.

It will.

It will start spooling earlier. Went from 7 to 15 psi spring and just ran it it off the gate to get base spring pressure and noticed the difference immediately.

What BW's would be recommended for a stock block - if you wanted to retain twins for rwc purposes?

They don't fit in stock locations. They're way too long.

This is what twins look like

AB1D3231-698F-4E76-9FD9-C49917044AE3_zps

C91700BF-E978-462A-B5F2-BD1063C7357B_zps

The smallest twin EFR's (6258's) will do 500 wkw on a well sorted setup. Brightey who posted above has a set on his RB28.

Forget the 0.92. 1.05. Better setup for when you realise the 7670 is too small :D

7670 would be great on RB25, but on RB26 i think too small for anything other than bone stock engine for autox events imo. Maybe if you were limited to low boosthe or wanted to keep revs down for some reason?

7670 would be great on RB25, but on RB26 i think too small for anything other than bone stock engine for autox events imo. Maybe if you were limited to low boosthe or wanted to keep revs down for some reason?

Single EFR for the "-7/-9 on a stock engine" type of build.

How does it compare to the TO4Z you drive a while back?

Speaking to a local turbo guy and he said he can mod a Zed to bring it on 800rpm earlier, make more powa, and improve the already good part throttle transient response. Not sure if its an exaggeration, but interested to hear ur thoughts.

He also mentioned these EFRs and SXEs are very very good.

[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Id hazard a guess he'd just throw away old comp wheel and fit the ebay gtx style billet 11 blader that everybody uses?

My mechanic has a EFR 8374 on his built RB26

Made 550kw on e85 on 32-30psi

has 32psi by 4200rpm

i'll see if he'll let me put his dyno graph on here... havent been in it yet but response looks mental

i've also bought an EFR 8374.... mine should be getting overhauled in July hopefully

stock bottom end EFR 8374.... see how we go

• Like 1

Id hazard a guess he'd just throw away old comp wheel and fit the ebay gtx style billet 11 blader that everybody uses?

Pretty much. I think they machine the housing and put bigger wheels in them. I will find out tomorrow.

My mechanic has a EFR 8374 on his built RB26

Made 550kw on e85 on 32-30psi

has 32psi by 4200rpm

i'll see if he'll let me put his dyno graph on here... havent been in it yet but response looks mental

i've also bought an EFR 8374.... mine should be getting overhauled in July hopefully

stock bottom end EFR 8374.... see how we go

Yeah that E85 is tempting me as well.

I totally believe the 32 psi by 4200 with anywhere near a decent tune on E85.

It's funny how this turbo comes on. It will make the 10 psi on bottom end while cruising and slow spooling, but right around 3800-4k the turbo turns on. I can't wait to get mine to a solid 20 psi on pump. I can NOT imagine what 32 psi on E85 feels like!

• Like 1

I just don't really want 500+kW, so why go bigger? More momentum etc with the bigger wheel is my logic

I just don't really want 500+kW, so why go bigger? More momentum etc with the bigger wheel is my logic

You should run it through matchbot, you will hit the right side wall and it will overspeed .

I have tried countless configurations on match bot and rb26/28. The efr 8374 .92 is what I have, but if I could get e85 ( none in Nippon) then I would go 1.05 and wind it up.

I've seen the light haaaaaaa!

Edited by Meathead
  • Like 3

Bit more playing around tonight. A squeeze of the throttle from 90 km/h. 1.4 bar BEFORE 3000 rpm in 5th.

Impressive. What ratios are you running in your dogbox.

Impressive. What ratios are you running in your dogbox.

This is in a mates RB30. OSG 5 speed, stock 5th gear.

Can't wait till its tuned properly :D