SAU Community

S15 Wide Body Build

So I bought my S15 about 7 months ago freshly imported and stock as stock can be minus a 3" exhaust system. Since then I have installed some minor mods and have been saving up for a big spend. Now It took me a while to decide on what direction I wanted to go with the car in terms of looks and purpose, but I have finally made some big decisions. I have decided to go with a wide look sitting on aggressive dishy wheels. It was one of the first looks that I ever saw on a S15 and I fell in love instantly. It is turning out to be one of those looks that you loved as a kid , seeing this awsome sounding car coming down the street or track and turning out to be a small jap car that was kitted out to look as grumpy as it sounds. At first I shopped around and had a look at what there was available in terms of body kits. Originally I was planning on sticking to the "safe" look, the clean lines. But after a while at looking at S15 after S15 with a vertex kit on it I got sick of seeing the same thing. I wanted something different, something original in a sense of what I first loved about the car. So I started to look into wide body kits and a few grabbed my attention. The two top contenders were the C-west wide body and the Vertex D1-GT wide body. Although there were problems with both which made it hard for me to decide. I loved the front of the C-west kit but I hated the stock looking back, and I didnt like the front of the Vertex kit. So instead of trying to decide wether to be unhappy with the front or back of the car, I decided to get the best of both worlds. So I combined them.

The car is currently in the process of having the kit and wheels fit/painted etc. About two days into the build and the full kit was test fitted to see where the problem areas were. So far so good. Only some minor lining up problems. Due to budget I am going to bolt on the rear guards until I find the funds down the track to mold them and respray the car. Here are a few pictures of the build so far.

post-77526-1289394323_thumb.jpg

The stock base

post-77526-1289394374_thumb.jpg

parts

post-77526-1289394409_thumb.jpg

rear bar

post-77526-1289394436_thumb.jpg

streeetch :D

post-77526-1289394467_thumb.jpg

stretch and dish, perfect match

post-77526-1289394505_thumb.jpg

rear kit fitted, waiting for perfecting

post-77526-1289394544_thumb.jpg

post-77526-1289394565_thumb.jpg

Front quarters on and front wheels

post-77526-1289394610_thumb.jpg

Little bit of camber and they sit in perfectly :)

More to come and a list of mods to come as well. Cant wait to see it finished :)

looks like its going to be good man!

what are you plans for the rest of the car?

come say hello in the act section.

Plan is basiacally to make a daily driver/ occassional track/drift car. Doing exterior atm, then going to move onto the interior (something like alcantara and wet/dry carbon, black and blue) And then some engine. Want to get it up to around the 250-300 rwkw mark. Will post exacts when i get them within this build thread :rofl:

Wide body S15's are sexy :(

Best of luck with it

What colour are you going to spray it when you have the money?

Not sure yet, I dont mind white but i was thinking maybe a white with a blue pearl underlay instead of factory gold. or even black. Champagne? dunno yet XD

Please no, it might just be my taste but the exterior and wheels will make a massive presence and a simple colour will actually further drive it home. I am not sure what sort of colour but white carbon vinyl is a little auto salon for my liking IMO

I reckon a nice darkish metallic silver or would look awesome, just me though

Please no, it might just be my taste but the exterior and wheels will make a massive presence and a simple colour will actually further drive it home. I am not sure what sort of colour but white carbon vinyl is a little auto salon for my liking IMO

I reckon a nice darkish metallic silver or would look awesome, just me though

Ya, i was sorta thinking that the other day. Might be overdoing it... Less is more maybe. Thanx for the comment man :( have a lot to think about

• 3 months later...

Hey,

I am now looking for a new ECU for my 1999 Nissan Silvia S15. Over time I have been told how good the Apexi power FC's are for my car and have read a lot of import mags that show a lot of people using them. When I brought this up with a couple of mechanics they rekoned that the power FC is old tech/a biatch to tune and to go with something newer like the Vi-PEC V88. Does anyone have any experience with either of these ECU's or have any recomendations which they have used in thier own car. Would love to get a better insight into this issue before I go and blow a lot of money on the wrong thing.

Cheers

Vipec for the win.

general rule of thumb. pick the tuner not the ECU (unless your talking motec). you want the best result for the car so use what the tuner recommends!

who are you going to?

I am using the ViPec Plug in which is almost identical to the V44 for features however i like the fact that you pull your standard ecu board out of the casing and the ViPec unit slides right in. totally un assunimg :) I used to run a power fc however unless you go for the Pro version it uses a fuel cut style rev limiter... i wasn't a fan of that plus my tuner was making a fortune out of guys with crazy GTR and Skyline builds by removing the power fc's and either using the Plug in, V44 or V88 as a replacement... With very noticible gains in the quality of the tune and also power and torque.

I haven't regretted going ViPec and if your tuner is using them with great results you won't be disapointed either :)

comes down to your budget. these days haltec and vipec have perfected the plu'n'play setups which helps reduce your install costs significantly.

plug in uses the factory harness and sensors. custom get pricey!!

again speak with your tuner as they will anser these questions better than an forum!