SAU Community

Overhauls Of Ex-willall 8sec Drag R32gtr

9krpm

It is something about the R32 and the RB engine that I have a soft spot for. My previous project was to build a stock looking, road register-able R32 that is perfectly legal on the street with multiple track purposes but that was stopped short by an ignorant police officer. My previous project, link below, was pulled over and defected for no good reason. The car was of course cleared of defect.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Pr...ml&hl=9krpm

The humorous part of that whole exercise was that I was in an occupation that looked after the police and the transport government staff at the time. Knowing what the law enforcers are like, it left me with a bitter taste. I decided to scrap that project and bought this car

which has been out of action since 2005.

I am currently overhauling and converting it into a circuit car. I cant wait to revive the "Godzilla" and take it out for testing early next year.

Over the next few wks I will post pics of what has been happening to this car. I've some great friends that are helping me with this project currently :)

PS I am surprised to see only a few clips of this car in action. If anyone has any footage, please share it here. The car was capable of 8.84sec on radial for the 1/4 and 2.6sec for 0-200kph. I am sure there are a lot more video out there....hopefully.

Thanks for the offer Luke :(

Beer Baaron, it's the 8sec drag car. Keir has 2x R32 with identical exterior colour. RH9 did 9sec with aircond, all factory options + half cage and a lot more non oem parts with pump fuel. True RH9 style! The drag car has been clocked 0-200kph at 2.6sec. I am not sure what tyres were used but more than likely radial.

Mike, no worry with the pics. I am like that with camera was well lol The deal is as good as sealed anyway ;) Thanks for you help.

Edited by 9krpm

Stop saying that... It's making you look silly!

I have been wondering what happened to this car, where has it been the last 5 years? Collecting dust?

My old R32 with 2.6L and a pair of T517z clocked 3 sec up hill on the drift box. With the Willall OS Giken engine (from the drag car) and a pair of T517z it clocked 2.6sec for 0-100 on the street. I am sure with at least 30% more power, 200kg lighter, drag race tyres and the sticky drag strip, the 2.6sec for 0-200 is not that silly. Anyway, I don't have any evidence but it's been claimed.

The drag strip in Adelaide has been closed since 2005. I bought the engine from this car, when it came out for a refresh, so the car was been sitting in the shed since 2005. I then bought the car last year but have been so busy with work, still am, and have not had a chance to overhaul it until a few months ago. Drag racing is dead in SA so I am converting it into a circuit car. It won't have that much grunt for the straight line but should be a bit quicker at Mallala :(

My old R32 with 2.6L and a pair of T517z clocked 3 sec up hill on the drift box. With the Willall OS Giken engine (from the drag car) and a pair of T517z it clocked 2.6sec for 0-100 on the street. I am sure with at least 30% more power, 200kg lighter, drag race tyres and the sticky drag strip, the 2.6sec for 0-200 is not that silly. Anyway, I don't have any evidence but it's been claimed.

I was being polite when I mentioned silly...

Whoever claimed it is a moron, whoever repeats it shows their lack of knowledge!

^^^ Not a truer word has been spoken.

My previous car ran 9.5 @ 142 , with a 1.3 0-60ft..and your claiming a 2.6 sec to 200kmh ?? :(

0-100kph, maybe...0-200, not a chance!

See Exhibit A below of a well-known R32 GTR: 9.2@155MPH (250KPH)

It reaches half-track (1/8th Mile) in 6.094 [email protected].

post-4183-1291291756_thumb.jpg

Lol guys. As I mentioned before, I've never have any evidence of the 0-200kph time so I can't back it up but that was the rumor. For clarification, may b someone can dig out Reece or Mark's 1/8 speed and time. Just remember both of them use Liberty gbox so it might be different.

Anyway, that was not the buying point. I was a fan, watched and followed this car development. It has been a waste for it to sit there. When Keir discussed selling, I just couldn't let anyone else buy and butcher it up. I also like to keep it in SA. The car will run the same engine with 2 low mount turbo for the circuit. It will never be as quick in the straight.