SAU Community

M35 Stagea Batterys! Which One To Get?

bLaQ.bOi

the one with the most CCA, that will fit in the hole?

I don't know. Of all the batteries I've had, they all seemed to give out at different times, not in line with any quality / price. Obviously things like Gel and other fancy batteries might last longer. Kmart, get the terminals the right way round and the most CCA, and bobs your whatever.

Just get it done cause it will die at the worst time possible :rolleyes:

hey guys just wondering if anyone has an idea on the best battery to get for an M355 stagea. mine keeps going flat! i think its out of juice!

ATM I am using two Gel Baqtteries because it suits my FMIC piping. But yes CCA is the criteria. 500 + is what you need

thanks guys, needed to get the car running because my airbag light keeps flashing, my mate reckons that it has something to do with battery being drained?

so i just went so supercheap auto. grabbed a century one that looked like it would fit. all good so far. a

stupid airbag light

You will need to change the terminals over if you get common style of battery. The M35 has small terminals which make it hard to source for. I think I got a 550 or 600cca in there.

Nah, Independant Battery Distributors in Frankston stock a number of maintenance free batteries that bit perfectly... with 2 year guarantee :)

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone who has replaced their battery have the size code? There's usually a letter and a couple of numbers on top of the battery but since mine is a Jap battery there's just random Japanese letters.

Just make it easier to order a replacement without hunting quite so much or changing terminals like Scott suggests.

Is 350Z the same?

Don't you just take it into Batteries-R-US & they pull out the correct size? That's what I did, but I'll get a code off mine in the morning if no one's replied before then.

I don't. Dad has a trade account with Independent Batteries, so I usually get him to order them for me.

If you've got a code that'd be great. Did you use the same terminals?

OK, not sure if this code will help but mine is a Supercharge battery, part # MF55B24L (CCA 430). I used the same leads but I remember now the earth lead was a fraction too big to clamp tightly with these stupid type that Nissan (all manufacturers?) use these days. I probably should have changed it but I wrapped a few turns of copper wire around the battery terminal instead lol.

I used a 530CCA European style battery, I had to modify the terminals so that the stock terminal clamps would fit (a piss easy job). It barely fitted in the hole, but looks stock now that it's in there

• 6 years later...

Right here is some digging:

Over in NZ they have a listing for an NS40L which is a 330CCA (if you get a beefy one it's about 380CCA).  I think this is the standard size.

Dimensions for this are: L = 187, W = 127, H = 220.  Terminals are 10mm (diameter??) and on the correct side.

The recommendation to upgrade in CCA size is the following:

NS60L (Exide part number X60CPMF, or 60CPMF, Century NS60LSX MF, or NS60LS MF)

This is a 450 or 480CCA battery with dimensions being: L = 237, W = 128, H = 222.  Terminals are the same as above

Interestingly, this is the same battery as a Nissan Tiida 2000-2006.