SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Haha , already in my watch list! , do you think the manifold is worth it chasing only what the std injectors will handle? , i am getting one for my main project (td06 rb20 that will turn into a 25 once the 20 goes pop) , I'm trying my hardest not to get the bug and buy injectors and afm because it will cut into my other project funds! . If i bought a manifold i wouldn't need the kando rear housing either , for ~$150 more it's probably a smart idea? . Shit , now you have me thinking

Big thanks to Blake BSA and Jeremy dvs_jez for their help. These blokes are a legend and always willing to lend a helping hand even on a rainy Saturday.

The boost drop issue has been fixed. To everyone who's doubted the manifold and gate mounting position, keep hating cause it wasn't the issue.

My tuner was a silly mofo, he set the gain too high.

Jez had a look at it after swapping with his tial MVR incase it was my gate that was the issue but turns out it wasn't.

It now holds the boost flat to red line. Tested at 17psi and 21psi.

The whole experience has left me very disappointed in my trusted tuner whom I've used for the past 4years.

For all tuning needs on the central coast in syd, contact dvs_jez and for all fabrication work, contact BSA, he's based in the gong and does work there, syd and central coast.

Gotta love full boost by 3700rpm :D

It's going in for finishing tune at 21-22psi in 3weeks so will have dyno sheetsresults then.

Excellent mate, let us know what power she makes.

Oh and by the way Damn your car for scarring me for life.

If u look closely u can see the burn marks into my thumb that look like a allen head bolt

71fb3e2f.jpg

The boost drop issue has been fixed. To everyone who's doubted the manifold and gate mounting position, keep hating cause it wasn't the issue.

:thumbsup: Hope it blazes the tyres and makes the power you are chasing. Hope the tuner is eating some humble pie and his pricing reflects his oversight :whistling:

10 before, 0 after dropped start boost also

So was it just spiking or not holding boost?

Interestingly the instruction manual for Profec B Spec II says to raise the gain when boost falls off at high rpm...

Bloody tuners aye

your not wrong. sif they wouldnt just try a bleed valce, just to be sure its not the evc.

im sure a bleeder would have more or less fixed it also

just checking what you guys think, for my RB25(I posted more info a few pages earlier) , since kando/kinugawa dont do a 10cm 3bolt mitsu rear housing to suit my trust manifold, Im trying to decide between 2 options now

option 1

buy a td06sl2 20g 8cm

option 2

recore my existing td06 20g and replace the rear 14cm housing with a 12cm which kinugawa sell

Depending what there like with those rear housings I will try and get a 10cm rear to replace at a later date.

what do you think the better option is?

I have a td06 20g 14cm that the rear seal has gone in, it made over 300rwkw (just) but was a bit laggy or drift.

So I was going to buy a new chra instead of rebuilding and then I considered upgrading to the td06sl2 20g and smaller turbine housing.

That's where I am now, not worth selling the kit as its already setup for it. All I have to do is bolt on and

Drive away :) oh and tune :(

Edited by JLTS13