SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

i've searched and everyone says they're a waste of $ on a RB25, with zero gains

Have you got VCT? They are only a waste of money if you've got your VCT setup properly.

i've searched and everyone says they're a waste of $$ on a RB25, with zero gains

Really? OK, I stand corrected. Everything I have ever read suggested that the RB26 and RB25 were the most responsive to cam gears, (a friend played with custom inlet cam gear on a NEO and got nothing from it...but an adjustable cam gear worked well on his exhaust side)...and RB20s respond well, but not as well as its bigger cc cousins.

I have read that cam gears were a waste of time and money if you were running Poncams. But...can't say I have paid too much attention to it the last 5 years...it used to be a golden rule

Really? OK, I stand corrected. Everything I have ever read suggested that the RB26 and RB25 were the most responsive to cam gears, (a friend played with custom inlet cam gear on a NEO and got nothing from it...but an adjustable cam gear worked well on his exhaust side)...and RB20s respond well, but not as well as its bigger cc cousins.

I quickly discovered a page or so back he hates one of the best engine makers in the world - based on that lot I'd not really expect him to have the kind of appreciation or understanding of optimising engine efficiency needed to treat as an authority on the topic.

i think it was Trent who mentioned something about cams being not worth their $$ on a RB25.

(a friend played with custom inlet cam gear on a NEO and got nothing from it...but an adjustable cam gear worked well on his exhaust side)...and RB20s respond well, but not as well as its bigger cc cousins.

got a dyno sheet of this? if there is proof of gains i will get an exh cam gear.

Lithium, you referring to me about my honda post last page?

i think it was Trent who mentioned something about cams being not worth their $$ on a RB25.

got a dyno sheet of this? if there is proof of gains i will get an exh cam gear.

Cam gears , not cams! I have not heard of too many RB25s not responding well to cam gears on std cams.

As for dyno sheets? Hell man, we are talking around 2004-2005 when he made a custom inlet cam gear that could be adjusted as part of all his trial and error. It was all for 0 anyway as the setup worked best set at 0 and the exhaust side retarded a little using his off the shelf HKS exhaust cam gear

It all depends on the set up some rb engine greatly benefit from cam gears some not so much personally I think it would be a decent investment cos lets face it if your chasing power you have wasted money on worse things I know I have

Gone through the last 40 or so pages. Am I imagining things or are not many people running the TD06H-25G? I know heaps are running the 20G.

I am looking at this turbo http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kinugawa-Turbocharger-4-Inlet-TD06H-25G-T3-V-Band-10cm-AR73-500P-/270913941567?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f13bab03f

Im not a guru on turbos so I thought I would ask here. I want great response since ill be doing track days, am I looking at the right turbo? Chasing around 300ish kw.

I also noticed the two types, water cooled and oil cooled, which is better?

If you were looking for a easy 350KW on 98 would it be better to go as TD06SH 25G 12cm or T67 25G 12cm?

Whats the power difference between the TD06SH and T67?

I know the TD06SH has the 58.8 and 67 turbine wheels but would it push it enough to make it worth the lag?

Cam gears , not cams! I have not heard of too many RB25s not responding well to cam gears on std cams.

As for dyno sheets? Hell man, we are talking around 2004-2005 when he made a custom inlet cam gear that could be adjusted as part of all his trial and error. It was all for 0 anyway as the setup worked best set at 0 and the exhaust side retarded a little using his off the shelf HKS exhaust cam gear

sorry, it was a typo, i meant cam gears. i'm still against them until i see proof provide decent gains.

It all depends on the set up some rb engine greatly benefit from cam gears some not so much personally I think it would be a decent investment cos lets face it if your chasing power you have wasted money on worse things I know I have

it will not be a decent investment after the $$ you spend for your tuner to tinker with them and to set them up especially after all the work and only to find maybe 1-2kw gain (if your lucky)? Lol

+1 i didnt notice any gain from my cam gear install

:yes:

If you were looking for a easy 350KW on 98 would it be better to go as TD06SH 25G 12cm or T67 25G 12cm?

Whats the power difference between the TD06SH and T67?

I know the TD06SH has the 58.8 and 67 turbine wheels but would it push it enough to make it worth the lag?

You answer your own question the h has a bigger turbine wheel I had the td06h-20g on my 20 and was seeing full boost at 4200 18psi so it's only a few rpm if you want bigger numbers

sorry, it was a typo, i meant cam gears. i'm still against them until i see proof provide decent gains.

it will not be a decent investment after the $$ you spend for your tuner to tinker with them and to set them up especially after all the work and only to find maybe 1-2kw gain (if your lucky)? Lol

:yes:

Haha depends if your tuner try's everything and not just turn up the boost. I don't think it wound be worth it on your set up because the turbo is already working very well. From what iv heard you can get more mid range and bring the turbo on faster that why I thought it would be worth it not so much power out put.

i've still yet to see a dyno sheet where it provides a gain in response in the mid range.

i've seen some results with cams installed but not with just exh cam gear adjustment only.

feel free to prove me wrong, i am skeptical until i see evidence that it works.