SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Question for Trent (STATUS):

Do you believe the example shown for the 2871 vs L2 10cm to be acceptable as a 'rule of thumb' expectation?

The results you gave showed the L2 was just as responsive as a 2871 (am asuming .64 rear) and when the 2871 capped off at 250kw the L2 kept going to 300....

Am tossing up if I can expect the same from my own basic SR setup if I was to do a T3 10cm L2-20g with a decent manifold and gate.. The 2871 isnt too laggy when setup right (IMHO) but I am scared of how horrid a 10cm 20g might be on a stock SR.

Input would be highly appreciated :)

can you post a link the comparos? i get hit in the head alot cant recal that comparo :P

you do realise that if u get a ext gate kando turbo, factor in cost of gate/modding etc still ends up being cheaper then a hypergear.

More or less the same mate, depends if u got a great fabricator who is not going to rip you off? Who did yours? I also need to mod my dump flange from bellmouth to circular v-band - don't know if its possible/works great.

More or less the same mate, depends if u got a great fabricator who is not going to rip you off? Who did yours? I also need to mod my dump flange from bellmouth to circular v-band - don't know if its possible/works great.

Or just sell your bellmouth dump pipe and get a completely new custom dump pipe made? I dunno about over there, but the best in the business here did mine for 350 bucks. You could easily sell your JJR dump for $200ish and then it's only gonna cost you another 150 or so and you have a dump pipe that is most likely going to work a lot better than a modified JJR one.

Unless you're worried about potential defects, I don't see why you're so against going external gate when it's plain and simple better and it's going to cost a bucket load to do.

Or just sell your bellmouth dump pipe and get a completely new custom dump pipe made? I dunno about over there, but the best in the business here did mine for 350 bucks. You could easily sell your JJR dump for $200ish and then it's only gonna cost you another 150 or so and you have a dump pipe that is most likely going to work a lot better than a modified JJR one.

Unless you're worried about potential defects, I don't see why you're so against going external gate when it's plain and simple better and it's going to cost a bucket load to do.

The reason being I do not wana leave my car at any shop for more than a day ( I know it can be done in a day by a gun fabricator/mech/welder) and as you said above, the cost implications, but it shouldn't be expensive for some bits of welding and fiddling around... As for selling my jjr dump for $200, I bought it for $179 brand new lol......... And no defects mate, I'm not into screamers, plumb back's for me.

A little bit off topic but... Does anyone know if plumbed back external gates are legal in qld? Im guessing they are to a degree until the transport department pull you over?

I always thought external gates are legal anywhere as long as they are plumbed-back and dont dump poisonous exhaust gas into the environment

and dont dump poisonous exhaust gas into the environment

...as opposed to the good old sweet smelling exhaust gas coming out of the rear of the car.

I am pretty sure the fuzz will take a dim view of a big ol external gate sticking up if they see it.

A little bit off topic but... Does anyone know if plumbed back external gates are legal in qld? Im guessing they are to a degree until the transport department pull you over?

No they aren't legal, mainly because any turbo other than stock isn't legal without an emissions test.

So I tOok the intake pipe off today cause I thoUght it was leaking air from the silicon hose cause I can hear a slight whistle/howl on boost, but I double checked all hose clamps on the turbo side and all hoses are on properly. I think it may be the turbo causing the very faint whistle/howl sound on boost an when backing off in gear the sooubd decreases with the revs.

I also noticed there was a bit of shaft play (left and right and back and forth) on the comp wheel as well.

Anyone else have some play on theirs?

BSA assured me he's had a bit too but i may just be a paranoid milkshake since I can hear it whistling/howling which leads me to believe it may be the turbos fault.

Any ideas guys?