SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

But f**k that I have an engine capable of 500hp so why not have it...im not trying to win anything, i just do it for my own enjoyment..which ,now that i think about it, is alot like wanking :blink:

I understand that 1000%...sure as shit easier/better/worse/different paths to what I have taken...good thing I am not trying to win anything either because I sure as shit have never won a thing on merit in my life :thumbsup::( When I have gone drag racing I normally pay more attention to the burnout then I do the actual run :)

But perhaps you and I are different to most...most people want the quickest car for the least spend. Me, I just want to fark around with shit and understand why or why not it worked.

God word that the car will be ready end of next week so 73HTA and tune will be over the Labour Day long weekend. May even get the 18G on if the install is as straight forward as I hope

S13 sil w/ std internal rb25 conversion running vpower98

t67 10cm, 6boost, vipec pnp etc

460.1hp/338.1kw @1.5bar will scan dyno sheet and put it up later

Fantastic thanks for posting Patrick!

for info the T67 is ahead of my built25 with HKS3037S from 3000 onwards. Very impressive :thumbsup:

Putting aside numbers for a second. Here is a 210rwkws Hypergear R33 GTS25t on good street/track tyres.(camera car). In fronf of him is an R33 GTS25t with a Trust T67-25G setup on RE55s. And in front of him me with my TD06-20G, I think i still had the std inlet plenum on at this stage.

So you have 210rwkws/street tyres chasing 310rwkws/semis chasing 260rwkws/semis. John in the camera car is a bit mad and with slightly quicker cars in front of him does a brilliant job of hunting us down, and murders us both under brakes...but you see the acceleration isnt worlds apart...and funniest thing of all...you dont see the T67-25G R33 get near my bumper let along overtake... :whistling:

I think this vid puts the numbers people sometimes chase into perspective. Would have been real interesting if the camera car had RE55s and had the same corner speed. But an extra 100rwkws means we do get away but we are hardly leaving him for dead.

Wow, they must be some pretty special street tyres Roy in the camera car......otherwise you and and your mate in the 33 can't drive for shit and need to have a real hard look at yourselves :rofl2:

No seriously thanks for posting that, it's always interesting looking at different combo's and how they perform on the track- cheers

Bit of a pisser though, started assembling the 26's bottom end today and found some cracking in the water gallery to head bolt. Took the block for some NDI and put it under a magnescope and found 7 cracks ranging from 2 to 5mm in depth so that block is rooted. Need to find another standard bore 26 :rant:

Your cars still running Roy...thats a win right there :thumbsup: ...Video was very cool too, I wonder how Patricks car would go against them..

I have no idea why I build my car..all I know is I cant stop..lol....if it ever wins anything I guess that'll be a bonus... :D

Yep, sean did it. Wasnt too much said, just like, ''the green s13 with the china turbo'' haha

Difference between 2 runs was with nistune and then vipec put in, only graph i have.

Wouldnt mind going e42 but just seems like a bit of a pain until it finds its way to the bowser.

Wow, they must be some pretty special street tyres Roy in the camera car......otherwise you and and your mate in the 33 can't drive for shit and need to have a real hard look at yourselves :rofl2:

They were either Yoko AD008 or the Federal 595RSR. John punts that car well... I dont know the R33-T67 driver so cant comment on his ability, but his times were well respectable so he cant be a slouch.

Whilst I have driven my thing on the track for years...I openly admit I am there to have a fun and learn and know I am not that great/fast a driver. Its a slow learning curve when you have to scrape together the money for entry, tyres, fuel, brake pads etc >_< .

In that footage my car had old, square RE55s as I had flat spotted them badly earlier in the day...you can see plumes of smoke early in the vid. The thing had a shocking vibration and I had trouble stopping the car due to flat spots. So was about 1.5-2 seconds off the usual lap times.

But didnt affect me mid corner and getting on the loud pedal so acceleration comparison still stands. :thumbsup:

I was really sweating the R33-T67 behind me and was regularly checking to see if I was holding him up. At Sandown/Phillip Island his extra grunt would have had him past me as the acceleration post 180km/h would be an advantage (I expect)but it was very even.

I was just giving you sh*t Roy! It didn't look like the 33 was faster anywhere on those laps. Yep John looked like he had nothing left on the table in the braking department hence his "almost off" at turn 1. Although down on power it looked to be a very nice combo.

So that was you with the smoke making machine-Nice! I've done the same thing, but it kept finding that spot when braking so that tyre was R00ted real quick.

They were either Yoko AD008 or the Federal 595RSR. John punts that car well... I dont know the R33-T67 driver so cant comment on his ability, but his times were well respectable so he cant be a slouch.

Those Yoko AD08 are amazing, we had a guy in an evo8mr be within 0.5sec of RE55S on long track Wanners over here!

No seriously thanks for posting that, it's always interesting looking at different combo's and how they perform on the track- cheers

Bit of a pisser though, started assembling the 26's bottom end today and found some cracking in the water gallery to head bolt. Took the block for some NDI and put it under a magnescope and found 7 cracks ranging from 2 to 5mm in depth so that block is rooted. Need to find another standard bore 26 :rant:

Hey Simon,

The cracks, any chance they were around cylinder 5?

Hey Simon,

The cracks, any chance they were around cylinder 5?

Hi Mick,

7 cracks on multiple cylinders mainly 3,4,& 5- majority on one side as well. I surmised it was overtightened from factory.

Found another, its getting crack tested tomorrow. Failing that i'm looking an an N1 block from the US- just waiting on a response as to timing.

Edited by Simonster

RB30 s2 block

COUGH what?

a rb30 series 2 block is what they call a A8 block or if you dont know what that is its a block with the oil feed and oil return and coolant feed etc for the turbo which are just blocked off with bungs. they were used in the late VL commodores i guess holden just wanted to move on the turbo blocks so people call them a series 2 block

Been reading this epic post for hours now and only got half way through it... But after all those hours of reading i noticed not one IW setup was documented, just the "dont go there" line was dropped a few times. Considering the price of these turbos, surely if your not chasing big power numbers wouldn't they be ok?? I only ask as i have already bought a TD06H601 before i found this thread and for the convenience of standard manifold placement and comp housing inlet size fits stock intake. I will be running this turbo with the following mods until i can afford a hi mount setup. Aim to run between 16 and 20 psi boost on RB25 Neo R34 GT-T. Hoping for around 250rwkw's, going to take it to Mercury Motorsport in Brisbane for final tune.

- Bosch 550cc injectors

- Walbro 255 fuel pump

- Return type FMIC

- Apexi PowerFC

- 3.5 inch straight through exhaust

- Z32 AFM

Once i have it all installed and tuned i will post dyno sheet for anyone interested. (3-4 weeks away)

Ebay link to turbo i bought - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290660763799?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649