SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

had a drive of my 33 today to see how it was for lag as ive gone bigger in intercooler and pipe size + .82 rear vs my old gt30 was a .63. All i can give is good results, turbo comes on nice, maybe a little to hard for my liking, but nothing some wider rear tread wont fix, felt great, and with all the mods and bigger rear, it seems to come on about 500rpm later, around the 3000rpm mark to a full 17psi. all i can say is, thanks to GTScotty for putting me onto simons thread, and thanks simon for taking the time out to post your build and results - very happy customer.

im hoping for 330rwkw after the tune is done, but that might be a little over my head as atm i only have a 17psi spring in my wastegate, may need to go up a bit in boost.

Chuck some pics up if you get a chance ... When is it booked in for a tune?!?

Chuck some pics up if you get a chance ... When is it booked in for a tune?!?

i have build pics, ill chuck some up 2 nite, also have a short vid of it coming on boost. its not booked in yet, i still have to get my bov plumbed in and waiting on a few more T- clamps to finish it off. hopefully it will be tuned next week.

its not going to status anymore either. taking it 2 another guy, hes acutally got the import rights to KAMAK :D done a fair bit with these turbos. hes taking the car for 2-3 days and doing a full remap from scratch.

Edited by OMY31T

ok this is before :D with the GT30 lowmounted, and a return flow FMIC.

CEHS8BmkKGrHqUOKpE0Uc5hywYBNS7l4q7w_3.jpg

and this is what it looks like now with the upgrades.

SAM_0520.jpg

SAM_0521.jpg

ill give you a rough mods list.

XSpower s/s highmount thats been HPC coated

44mm external gate plumbed back into the exhuast with 2" s/s pipe.

T67-25G(obviously)

3" mandrel stainless exhuast with very minimal bends, only 1 muffler in the middle pipe and a hi flow cat.

800hp rated walbro fuel pump(not sure of model number)

700cc highflowed injectors

splitfire coil packs

z32 AFM

blitz LM suspower pod

XRacing bar and plate FMIC 3" in 3" out but only running 2.5" pipework to it.

auto box, shift kit, with a Keys valve body( waiting for 3800 stally and transbrake to arrive)

HKS hipermax II coilovers all round

and some cusco adjustable bits to help it handle.

all running on a Power FC.

going to be tuned at Cosmic Performance in the next week or so after my turbosmart type 3 plumback bov arrives and the rest of my T clamps, as you can see some are missing on the inlet.

cheers.

Edited by OMY31T

Christ, just a slight difference...

For the SR dude, try these:

<link snip>

The TD05 will spool faster and the TD06 will hold more power. The TD05 version should be good for 240rwkw? while the TD06 for maybe 260+ but a fair whack more lag.

If your aiming for 200rwkw with a little more headroom and bolt on application, why didnt you just have your stock turbo built to 2871 52t specs and have yourself a no name HKS GTRS? thats all it is at the end of the day.

GL

The turbo I'm running at the moment is a HG 2860 (hi-flow, journal bearing). Been running it for nearly 2 years without getting near it's full potential, due to having a damaged and restrictive Apex'i exhaust, and being a gigantic lazy f**k...

With a new AM Performance exhaust fitted and a VTC issue sorted (turned out it was never working, fun), when we started tuning it, it was discovered it couldn't control boost to save it's worthless life. So I took it off to get it ported or fit an external gate (ended up buying a Tial MV-S), then after a bit of a chat with my tuner and a mate of mine, I decided there's really no harm in upgrading again...

Narrowed down to 3 options, the TD05H, TD06SL2, or a T518z. Just waiting to hear back from Kando about availability of the T518z, then I'll make my decision. Looks like the T518z will be the most suitable.

I think no matter which direction I take, I'm going to have to start looking at a new set of injectors soon, I'm currently only running 555cc Sards, though they should probably be good for 240ish.

short vid of a couple of half throttle squirts from about 40km/h in 2nd gear, im just pussy footing it around until its all completed and tuned i was backing off as it started to break traction lol only got 235's on the rear and lst traction around 10psi.

Edited by OMY31T

short vid of a couple of half throttle squirts from about 40km/h in 2nd gear, im just pussy footing it around until its all completed and tuned i was backing off as it started to break traction lol only got 235's on the rear and lst traction around 10psi.

I really wouldn't be driving it anywhere near that hard untuned, it can still ping easily under those load conditions.

If its losing traction that easily, you need some better tyres!

Edited by Rolls

I really wouldn't be driving it anywhere near that hard untuned, it can still ping easily under those load conditions.

If its losing traction that easily, you need some better tyres!

funnily enough the tune thats in it runs the car better than with my old setup, it has been tuned before(shit tuner shal remain un-named).

rear tyres a Falken Zeix, they held 225rwkw fine, but they arent sufficient for the new setup. Also the HKS coilovers are extremely hard, even with the dampners set soft, the rear hardly moves which doesnt help.

running better doesn't mean safer, want to make sure it isn't running lean or too much ignition.

yeah stupidly stiff coilovers suck for traction, prefer softer springs personally

Definitely don't cane it around until you have a tune in it unless you're not particularly worried about popping your motor. If its going a lot better it will have to be moving much more air, so will be running leaner than before.

Unfortunately any realistic GT30 vs T67 comparison will be to some degree moot as so much has been changed.

ohmy31t

Is that the T67-25G T3 10 cm?

Can wait to see results as I plan on upgrading my turbo and will be chasing 300rwkw.

These should push that figure fairly easy Id assume.

Sounds nice driving OMY31T, do you find its a lot better on and off throttle than your garrett was?

Glad you sound happy with the move over though. As stated dont cane it till its fully tuned etc.

What are you doing with your old garrett? I need something internal gate and T3 for the mean time ;)

im acutally chasing 350rwkw+ with my auto(lose about 10% in power transfer) but for this build and tune, im hoping for 330rwkw with the stock plenum.

as for ported head and cams, i have a set of tomei valve springs and lifters in my garage, waiting to see how the stock setup runs fisrt so i can give results, then i will be looking into some tomei poncams to go with the springs and lifters, and migh also be purchasing another head which as already been ported and polished to go on the car with an oversized head gasket.

My engine has never been openend, still running factory headgasket etc etc. its only ever had a timing belt done. the thing which worried me, is oil pressure, which ive had issues with in the past.

to the others who are worried about me damaging the engine - those squirts were for VIDEO purpose only, the car is in my garage not being driven until tuned, i think you misunderstood the excerise. 2ndly i know what pinging and detonation sounds like, this is the 8th performance car ive built, 2nd skyline, last was an rb20 r31. if i thought the engine was being damaged, i wouldnt have driven it. so please keep your comments to yourself.

anyway, as said above, when the tune is done ill post from dyno results, its only going to be a "safe" tune im not pushing it to it limit just yet, im building an rb30 bottom end for this car, once it completed ill re-tune the car hopefully with the new head and push it out as best as it will go and then if it pops, its not a big issue.

GT30 was sold along with everything else exhaust side to make way for the new setup

Edited by OMY31T

nice. the setup looks heaps better with the foward facing plenum :D ill eventualy get around to doing mine, but i want to see how it goes without it, as i dont think anyone has it setup with a stock plenum yet.

nice. the setup looks heaps better with the foward facing plenum :D ill eventualy get around to doing mine, but i want to see how it goes without it, as i dont think anyone has it setup with a stock plenum yet.

Yeh I read a crap ton about this and i think you will have better mid range with the stocka... it will be interesting to see your results.