SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

His comparison overlay was his low boost run

why not overlay your high boost run simon? dont want to be unfair lol

i wonder how the 3076 would go with more boost also, hmm.

More power, naturally - they certainly won't be choking at 17psi on an RB25 like that. Makes the comparison a bit difficult that the octane rating and boost level are slightly out, but I still feel the likely overall result all things being equal is the GT3076R will come on earlier, and fall over a little earlier earlier (as my opinion has been the whole time) and that looks credible from that comparison.

I dont necessarily believe that it would make more power, but it should in theory.

The fact is you could max the turbo at the same power level but at two different boost thresholds on two different motors. That being said its not out of the question that the unit is out of flow at 17psi, but logic suggests it has more in it (17 is a pretty low number on an RB25).

If it were an RB30 for example I wouldnt be surprised if it was hitting the power target with no more available flow at that low a PR.

All that being said I'd love to see the whick turned up, for science of course.

More power, naturally - they certainly won't be choking at 17psi on an RB25 like that. Makes the comparison a bit difficult that the octane rating and boost level are slightly out, but I still feel the likely overall result all things being equal is the GT3076R will come on earlier, and fall over a little earlier earlier (as my opinion has been the whole time) and that looks credible from that comparison.

I think mine made 475hp on gate pressure (1.1bar) so not too much shy of the 488hp that 3076R made on similar boost. I think the 3076R also had more boost in the mid range but tailed off top end!

I'll try and get a print out of boost vs power for both the runs when I get a chance

The fact is you could max the turbo at the same power level but at two different boost thresholds on two different motors.

No idea why you think you need to tell me this.

That being said its not out of the question that the unit is out of flow at 17psi, but logic suggests it has more in it

I think it is more or less out of the question that it would be out of flow at 17psi on a mild RB25, tbh.

No idea why you think you need to tell me this.

I think it is more or less out of the question that it would be out of flow at 17psi on a mild RB25, tbh.

Because you and I are not the only two reading/going to read this thread.

Sometimes you need to state the obvious so that people dont assume that a 3076R has HEAPS more left in it at 17psi, coz it simply might not.

I know you are the turbo overlord, that's why I theorize with you whenever possible and ask you first before I go out on a limb with a whacky idea. Stop thinking im condescending you when im not.

Because you and I are not the only two reading/going to read this thread.

Sometimes you need to state the obvious so that people dont assume that a 3076R has HEAPS more left in it at 17psi, coz it simply might not.

Ok got you, fair enough - sorry took that wrong, and agree.

I would love to see both the T67 and GT3076R taken to "all in" levels, or was the T67 maxed out in this instance?

And why was the GT3076R taken to "only" 17psi? I'm guessing that it didn't max out there...

because why make more power then whats need 300 is plenty for drift.remeber drift cars dont spend any time under 4500 at all reliability is key

you should be fine bro, that housing is an actual TD07 MHI spec item the housing Jez and Dori are having issues with is a 'drilled' TD06 3" cover. The Trust style one that never came with drill holes in it normally lol its a shame it didnt work though :(

Ahhhh cheers that makes sense. Well I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when it gets tuned next Tuesday. It will be very interesting to overlay with Simon's results as it will be the same tuner, same dyno but with a durty 30 spooling it

im heaps keen to see how yours goes man, it should be epic.

will be adding your results to my mental database of future setups I want to run

A 3 inch cover on a dirty 30 with td06h...me no think so :no:

Think you might have a cooker on your hands, that's if it doesn't choke, but I am often wrong so good luck with it

Oh yeah, in other news I did some road tuning this weekend on a GT4 Sillycar running a built 3SGTE (268deg cams) and a GReddy TD06-20G - was making 1bar around 4300rpm from what I could tell and had a fairly solid pull to it even on the road tune... at least compared to other GT4s I've been in. I expect to get it on the dyno in the next few weeks, and we're going to go up to 25psi for the glory tune (won't be typically used at that boost level). Tuning it on a hub dyno, any guesses on what we might expect?

Oh yeah, in other news I did some road tuning this weekend on a GT4 Sillycar running a built 3SGTE (268deg cams) and a GReddy TD06-20G - was making 1bar around 4300rpm from what I could tell and had a fairly solid pull to it even on the road tune... at least compared to other GT4s I've been in. I expect to get it on the dyno in the next few weeks, and we're going to go up to 25psi for the glory tune (won't be typically used at that boost level). Tuning it on a hub dyno, any guesses on what we might expect?

Understeer!

A 3 inch cover on a dirty 30 with td06h...me no think so :no:

Think you might have a cooker on your hands, that's if it doesn't choke, but I am often wrong so good luck with it

only 1 way to find out. it won't be hard to change the housing to a 4" if that is the case.

Its a proper TD07S 3" anti surge housing ARTZ... specifically designed for a 25G wheel, off a big truck of some sort.

Im pretty confident it will work well.

Understeer!

+1 for the understeer haha! My sillycar was a good fun lil car didnt understeer as much as a mates rexy though as they are 66-44 torque split