SAU Community

M35 Fog Lights On Aero Front Bar!

bLaQ.bOi

Hey guys, as some of you may know i have a white aero kitted m35.

i was actually thinking about selling the car until yesterday! when i cleaned it and spent 5 hours clay baring the thing!

NOW ive fallen inlove again!... anyway the only thing that i HATE about my car is the terrible YELLOW fog lights in the aero bar!!!!

Does anyone know what kind of bulb it is?

whats the easiest way to get to them (before i start breaking things i thought id ask)

Where can i get different coloured bulbs!

also slightly offtopic

theres 2 buttons near the geatstick... synchro and snow.. can someone tell me what these do? mass noob question... but im a noob!

thanks guys!

merry christmas!

Search is your friend, especially regarding the Syncro/Snow button

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/321432-new-stagea-owner-m35/page__view__findpost__p__5245280

Fog lights are yellow and not white because they are fog lights.

White lights light up fog like a wall in front of your car whereas yellowish lights can penetrate it somewhat.

Globes? Again, a search for M35 Fog Light Bulb returned 1 thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/265907-m35-bulb-type/page__p__4540014__hl__m35+fog+light+bulb__fromsearch__1#entry4540014

Agree with iamhe77. The purpose of them is gone if you change them, the road becomes invisible when there is fog.

If you really want to change them you can get ballast kits for around $100 of ebay with the H4 globe included.

BUT! they are pretty dangerous as they can overheat and cause fires, and cops dont like them, and you'll also have to find a spot to bolt the ballast's to.

or you can get higher Kalvin halogen globes, but anything over 4300K (correct if wrong) is illeagle also

thanks guys, personally i think the lights in my car are frikin terrible... its hard to explain

i have all the genuine globes n stuff thats in it from japan except my 1st set of parkers is BLUE. theres a switch in the dash to turn my parkers from headlight parkers to fog lights. (does everyone else have this switch?, i would love to be able to get both of them on at the same time. perfect for evening)

anyway i know when it comes in for complaiance they change the lights or whatever but, not the case with mine as my unc imported it and pulled a few strings....

now the visibility with the fog lights and headlights on (half the headlight kinda evil looking,) its okay... its only amazing when i angle the lights up to level 3, but then i get people flashing me because its too bright, now im a friendly guy so i leave it on 0 all the time (pointed to the ground)

the visibilty range isnt HUGE but its f**king clear...

im not sure if it has something to do with my driving style, im constantly searching the road for big bumps and dips as my cars low and scrapes lol..(finally got around to lowering the coilovers)

in terms of fog... there isnt much where i live... and i usually wouldnt do this, but im happy to sacrifice purpose for aesthetics. i for the life of me cannot f**king stand the ugly yellow, looks dated!

this being said i saw an odessy with pink fog lights.. looked awesome. so a change of colour is definatley on the list!

sorry for my all over the place reply.

lol pink?

well if you get the HID Kit you can actually match the Kalvin rating to your Headlight's HID, means they are the same colour and same illumination. a positive is that they are all plug and play!

Its a rare thing for them to catch fire, but they can thats all. try keep them away from water, IE rain, puddles etc.

i dont know about the switch i have an ARX. but maybe you could connect the wiring to eachother and attach a seperate switch to the lower fog lights, so you can have them both on, or only one set on?

I would also get white parkers so that they dont stand out with the car. it will give it a classier look as well. but thats IMO.

My sisters V35 has all 8000k lights in the fog and the headlights. also the parkers are white. looks really nice!

personally i love the yellow keeps it retro and JDM.. and yes way better in the fog.. back in my 4WDing days i used to have the yellow covers for my lightforce spotties on my patrol when the fog was heavy they made so much difference..

I have the switch your talking about on my light toggle, i dont have fog lights in my bar though i have xenon low beam and the high beam globes are yellow fog lights at low beam and white at high beam. complicated but it works well..