SAU Community

HKS 3037 tuning results

Steve

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the biggest one I found was the PCV valve. I blocked that off. I also went over every vacuum line and ensured that they were all very tightly secured with either cable ties or clamps, at both ends - check thoroughly as there are many, many hoses. Then check all your cooler pipes.

If none of that works, get some CRC and spray it at all joins on the intake side, including where the plenum joins the head, throttle body to plenum etc. If you find a leak the engine revs will increase quite dramatically.

vacuum leaks are the most painful little buggers to find, good luck:)

the biggest one I found was the PCV valve.  I blocked that off.  I also went over every vacuum line and ensured that they were all very tightly secured with either cable ties or clamps, at both ends - check thoroughly as there are many, many hoses.  Then check all your cooler pipes.

If none of that works, get some CRC and spray it at all joins on the intake side, including where the plenum joins the head, throttle body to plenum etc.  If you find a leak the engine revs will increase quite dramatically.

vacuum leaks are the most painful little buggers to find, good luck:)

The PCV valve is one thing i will be blocking off once i fit my GTR bov's. I guess not having any BOV's and running 1 bar with a GT30 hasent helped either :(

I am thinking of getting a hks eids idle stability controller things and seing if that helps at all if other checks reviel no problems.

Whats you bov spring tentioned to open up at (psi)? coz if my car is idling and i turn it off u cna hear the turbo still spinng for about 10 seconds after the car is off, which might also be cauing the afm problems

My BOV doesnt lift until around 10-12lbs. My turbo spins forever when the car shuts down too.

PCV is very easy to block, just whack a self tapper in it. If you want to check it, just pull it out and blow through it, if air only passes one way, all is good. Quite often just pulling it out of the rocker cover and holding your finger over it whilst the car is idling will reveal if it is the problem, but either way, block it off - it is not your friend:)

What sort of power is OBEHAVE making?

That thing really smokes up when it hits second (Auto). Sounds awesome.

OBEHAVE's 10.9 128mph 1/4 run mpg over here - http://www.fullboost.com.au/vidzz/fullBOOS...3_12_obehve.avi

I wish i could remember the figure... but it's up around the 300's mark.

With a nice Auto in it. Thats what makes the car fast.

Reasonable stall...

And stronger bottom end etc, but i dont recall top end work, but it was a few months ago now :P

It's interesting that run as you can see there are still launching problems.

The car was plagued with them for months last year.

I was at calder a lot and they were running lots of 12's.

Something to do with getting it off the convertor.

But going by that vid, they still aint got it right, but getting better at least :aroused:

I wish i could remember the figure... but it's up around the 300's mark.

With a nice Auto in it. Thats what makes the car fast.

Reasonable stall...

And stronger bottom end etc, but i dont recall top end work, but it was a few months ago now :P

It's interesting that run as you can see there are still launching problems.

The car was plagued with them for months last year.

I was at calder a lot and they were running lots of 12's.

Something to do with getting it off the convertor.

But going by that vid, they still aint got it right, but getting better at least   :aroused:

That car was in zoom magazine 2 issues ago. Its got a Garrett 3540 and is making near 400rwkw on c16

What sort of power is OBEHAVE making?

That thing really smokes up when it hits second (Auto). Sounds awesome.

OBEHAVE's 10.9 128mph 1/4 run mpg over here - http://www.fullboost.com.au/vidzz/fullBOOS...3_12_obehve.avi

Watch it leave the black lines on the strip as it starts to pull hard and drift to the right.

Luv that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz noise from the tyres, brings back memorys of my first car the burn out machine TE 250 Cortina. :P

386kw at the wheels?

That car was in zoom magazine 2 issues ago. Its got a Garrett 3540 and is making near 400rwkw on c16

well that confirms that it's still got issues then.

any car making that much power should be able to bed a much better time, especially auto

• 2 weeks later...
PCV is very easy to block,................block it off - it is not your friend:)

Hmmm, had the same problem myself withthe PCV, I cut it open, stretched the sring inside, and glued it back together, problem solved.

Can you tell me why it's not a friendly little thing to have around, as I'd be happy to get shot of it for a tidier appearance.

Can you also tell me a little bit more about the 3037 with the .61 a/r housing, what rpm did it boost at ?

Well all it does is allow oil vapours into the cylinders, its there to stop all the dolphins from going tits up, and the trees turning brown. If you fit a baffled catch can, you can remove all the crap from the crank case gasses before they do any harm to your engine or the dolphins.

3037 with 0.61 was just too savage, 1 bar at around 3000rpm, but it wasnt possible to safely drive the car with any more boost. It came on like a switch, even at 90-100kmh the back end would try and change lanes with light throttle, such as gentle accelleration.

0.87 is sooo much better, still has heaps down low, boost starts building under 3000rpm, with 1 bar around 3700ish rpm - but you can control the boost with the throttle, its not just on or off.

its there to stop all the dolphins from going tits up, and the trees turning brown.
:)

Thanks Steve, It looks like I'll be going for the .87 A/R kit, a nice slow buildup to max boost with something usable below 3.5krpm is exactly what I'm after :)

Quick recap, your using a 1.6mm headgasket and stock bottom end ?