SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Fitted the temp controller I bought from Scotty this arvo; after a bit of rewiring, I now have fan control.

Also threw my rear brace on ; but haven't driven far enough to feel the difference yet.

So it all works fine? Good to hear Dale. :)

I should fit mine...

Sure does mate, but not before I'd given it a good stern swearing at.

The good news is; the thermocouple appears pretty accurate.

I wanted to test it on it's lowest setting (70deg) and it still hadn't cut in at 85 deg; so I thought something was amiss.

Swore for a bit, then switched it off & had another go; the important bit was setting the dip switch to allow the dips to adjust; not the button.

Due to the clear, concise directions; I'm not sure how I missed that bit. :rolleyes:

Going to run it with the thermocouple on the rad and see how it performs; I may end up moving elsewhere.

Stagea is going on the hoist tomorrow (thanks to Andrew at ASR Automotive in Castle Hill for making some room for me to enjoy my day off) for a wheel rotation, plugs, oil + filter, fuel filter and drop the front driveshaft. Meanwhile the ECU is coming out while the Nistune is reflashed with a manual image...thanks to the original supplier I have an auto image and it is anyone's guess whether that has been causing some issues with boost cut, throttle recovery, cold/hot start and few other niggles??

Then Saturday up to DVS-JEZ's dyno for a bit of a check of the tune. While up there I will try a different CAS, drop exhaust and play around with a few settings.

I had a little care package arrive yesterday from Iamhe77. 3" Nismo exhaust and Ox rear brace.. Will admit I am pretty happy so far. The car is a little quieter then i expected but i think once i change my dump and front pipe it should be just about perfect.

The OX bar seems to have made a little difference, Cant wait for the front now

I had a little care package arrive yesterday from Iamhe77. 3" Nismo exhaust and Ox rear brace.. Will admit I am pretty happy so far. The car is a little quieter then i expected but i think once i change my dump and front pipe it should be just about perfect.

My Legalis was pretty quite until I finished it off with a dump and de-cat front pipe :)

All went smoothly enough car has new fluids, plugs etc ready for some dyno time on Saturday.

Big thanks to MRC for removing the Nistune and flashing the manual image back onto the board. Mark was kind enough to show me the full procedure from de-soldering and bridging the board to put the board into the correct mode to reprogram and then the reverse.

Glad you're happy Josh but I should mention again that 70mm is 2 3/4", not 3".

Missing my rear brace :( Guess I need to find somewhere down here that could make up a custom brace...

Just back from DVS-JEZ after tidying up the tune with the manual image. Great job by Jez sorting out all of the issues with the fat slug.

The drivability off the line is so much better with a few changes to the variable cam timing and a few tweaks with fuel and timing just off idle. Found a some more power by going a richer in the midrange to top end. It liked the extra cooling and made some solid power gains with a few more degrees timing.

More low? Maybe grab a set of Silk Roads?

SO....Scotty helped me fitted the SilkRoads Coilovers today...with the custom springs from SilkRoads (Previous ones were too low)

REsult: Now I can go bush bashing...fronts look good but rears are now ARX height, if not higher :S

Edited by ironpaw

SO....Scotty helped me fitted the SilkRoads Coilovers today...with the custom springs from SilkRoads (Previous ones were too low)

REsult: Now I can go bush bashing...fronts look good but rears are now ARX height, if not higher :S

So 80's hotrod spec with the arse in the air? Picsbeforeanglegrinder