SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Got the HDI FMIC on yesterday, not too bad. I need to sort some broken/ missing/ torn out undertray bolts asap. I have the NUR catback exhaust and Scotty's dump and front pipe on it already. I think the next thing is Dales induction tube and a high flow turbo. But which one ? What I want is a quick road car not a race car I can nurse around the street, and the numbers are less important than the feel and driveability. But I'd love to try before I buy. :unsure:

I have the kits that Commsman uses to tweak the computer but haven't had a chance to solder them up. (Before anyone jumps on this I have been working overseas from 2/12/12 till yesterday.) (And I have not had the car tuned yet. :yucky: )

OK Thanks for the offer Leon and all the great help, assistance and advice you have given me so far. I love my sound system/media system. The cruise is absolutely necessary and even the wheel switches started lighting up since we did the slimline fan in the FMIC install! Go figure! :wacko: As it gets quicker it gets harder to set the cruise to avoid it hunting but that's expected at some level as the turbo spools. Just went down town through a 50 zone and watched the car burble up a rise at 900 rpm/50 kph in top gear! Gotta love that... When I said that I wanted to try before I buy ... I meant experience what other turbos respond like, not necessarily from a drivers seat. A seat of pants from a back seat where I can see the rpm, roadspeed and feel the response should give me a clear idea if it is too laggy for my taste. This car will never be raced, if it does go down a drag strip that will be the exception rather than the rule. The problem is trying to find the balance between driveability and power. As I do not want an extreme car some of the more prominent peoples experience is irrelevant. It is probably true that the people I really want to connect to do not post overly much. So if you are out there and have a moderate highflow and induction solution with great driveability and reasonable performance at a realistic price please respond! My standard turbo is OK atm so I am not under any pressure at this time. :closedeyes:

OK Thanks for the offer Leon and all the great help, assistance and advice you have given me so far. I love my sound system/media system. The cruise is absolutely necessary and even the wheel switches started lighting up since we did the slimline fan in the FMIC install! Go figure! :wacko: As it gets quicker it gets harder to set the cruise to avoid it hunting but that's expected at some level as the turbo spools. Just went down town through a 50 zone and watched the car burble up a rise at 900 rpm/50 kph in top gear! Gotta love that... When I said that I wanted to try before I buy ... I meant experience what other turbos respond like, not necessarily from a drivers seat. A seat of pants from a back seat where I can see the rpm, roadspeed and feel the response should give me a clear idea if it is too laggy for my taste. This car will never be raced, if it does go down a drag strip that will be the exception rather than the rule. The problem is trying to find the balance between driveability and power. As I do not want an extreme car some of the more prominent peoples experience is irrelevant. It is probably true that the people I really want to connect to do not post overly much. So if you are out there and have a moderate highflow and induction solution with great driveability and reasonable performance at a realistic price please respond! My standard turbo is OK atm so I am not under any pressure at this time. :closedeyes:

i'm pretty sure someone is rebuilding the turbo basically to stock spec's might have to ask Jet_Wreck about it.........

hi Andy long time no speak, what's the banjo mod?

That's where you drill out the turbo oil feed line at the banjo bolt. It is a really small hole that can get blocked by grunge, especially if service intervals were 'stretched' when back in the mother land.

It is widely believed that Aaron's turbo failed due to this oil line being blocked.

The problem is trying to find the balance between driveability and power. As I do not want an extreme car some of the more prominent peoples experience is irrelevant.

i'm pretty sure someone is rebuilding the turbo basically to stock spec's might have to ask Jet_Wreck about it.........

Looks like he thinks Craig's advice is irrelevant, it's the reason I never posted a response anyway.

That's where you drill out the turbo oil feed line at the banjo bolt. It is a really small hole that can get blocked by grunge, especially if service intervals were 'stretched' when back in the mother land.

It is widely believed that Aaron's turbo failed due to this oil line being blocked.

cheers Leon. :)

Replaced my broken cibie light glass.

Cleaned up ok Josh?

Looks like he thinks Craig's advice is irrelevant, it's the reason I never posted a response anyway.

Looks like he wants something he can drop in without tuning etc, and doesn't want the power some guys are making. I get that.

I don't think Craigs' recent thoughts are common knowledge, ie he wouldn't know if irrelevant or not. And, as it turns out, is very relevant.