SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

I went and got my car from the smash repairer's, the door mirror rust and rear bumper scuff are fixed, and the new spoiler is painted and on.

Pics plz??

How much was the rust component? ta.....

Put the Nismo mats in - I'll get you a photo soon Josh.

Also reconnected the Cruise Control and the F-con. Sadly as soon as I started the car with the F-con connected I had no throttle and a fault code appeared.

Disconnect F-con, throttle came back, fault code disappeared.

More work required sadly...

Did you play with the throttle curve at all Ryan? If so, I would put it back to stock. Mine will fault occasionally, but it is still running fine most of the time as a daily.

The stock ecu is checking the voltage outputs from the pedal and throttle continuously, if it detects even a slight variance it will fault. As the pedal voltage goes through the cruise and the Fcon it wouldn't take much to affect the resistance. You could try cleaning all the plugs, and perhaps disconnecting the cruise and see if the Fcon works again?

Drove very slowly until I could pull over & disconnect my AFM.

I've been wondering for several years when it would fail & what it would feel like.

Not as exciting as you might think. :/

Did you play with the throttle curve at all Ryan? If so, I would put it back to stock. Mine will fault occasionally, but it is still running fine most of the time as a daily.

The stock ecu is checking the voltage outputs from the pedal and throttle continuously, if it detects even a slight variance it will fault. As the pedal voltage goes through the cruise and the Fcon it wouldn't take much to affect the resistance. You could try cleaning all the plugs, and perhaps disconnecting the cruise and see if the Fcon works again?

Yeah I have mate. I'll put it back to stock and give it a try.

I've already disconnected the cruise, made no difference so I reconnected. Works fine with the F-con disconnected so it's either map or setup related on the F-con. DAMMIT!

Drove very slowly until I could pull over & disconnect my AFM.

I've been wondering for several years when it would fail & what it would feel like.

Not as exciting as you might think. :/

Heh. Not exciting at all. Last time I forgot to reconnect it - my fail. Pretty easy and not incredibly expensive fix thankfully!

You don't need the afm anymore Ryan, you just need to sort out the fcon. :P

I reset all the ecu's in my car yesterday, now I have no airbag light flashing, and the engine light is off. First time I have had a clear dash since I bought it 4 years ago.

It did have an 'app' code, which I assume is Accelerator Pedal Position, I have another sensor on order at Nissan to rule it out. Hopefully that's all it is, otherwise I will have to disconnect the cruise for a while I guess. If it keeps going into limp mode then, I will be going for a new ecu, either a 350z Haltech platinum pro or a Link g4, for the throttle and cam drivers. That should fix it.

You don't need the afm anymore Ryan, you just need to sort out the fcon. :P

I reset all the ecu's in my car yesterday, now I have no airbag light flashing, and the engine light is off. First time I have had a clear dash since I bought it 4 years ago.

It did have an 'app' code, which I assume is Accelerator Pedal Position, I have another sensor on order at Nissan to rule it out. Hopefully that's all it is, otherwise I will have to disconnect the cruise for a while I guess. If it keeps going into limp mode then, I will be going for a new ecu, either a 350z Haltech platinum pro or a Link g4, for the throttle and cam drivers. That should fix it.

How much was the accelerator position sensor Scotty?

finished off the rest of my suspension swap over

the rear gtr springs don't fit stagea shock tops

and the front gtr springs were a lot longer than the stag ones too

so now i have eibach springs with gtr bilsteins

front height is perfect (though the springs are only just captive at full droop (middle circlip height)

rear is sitting a log higher than i want, possibly higher than when i started (lowest circlip position)

any idea how much it would cost to get new groves made for the rear shocks?

IMG_20130306_172126_zpsb9742a7f.jpg

And they shouldn't charge more than about $40 to cut them in.

Measure, mark; then supply booze to your friendly neighbourhood fitter. :cheers: