SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

to be honest, i prefer my stag to a bog stock 350z. its too small, no back seats. almost as heavy. and even in a manual, its a slug, definitely a slug compared to mine. :devil:

to be honest, i prefer my stag to a bog stock 350z. its too small, no back seats. almost as heavy. and even in a manual, its a slug, definitely a slug compared to mine. :devil:

Should be, mine is basically stock and it was faster than a 350z in a straight line

definitely not the greatest of design in cars.

i'de much prefer the V35, it looks nice, and a back seat.

Really? I've always liked the Z cars...

Its only because I have kids that I'm driving a Stag :P

you'd be suprised. Stags have some good grunt, especially the c34's without any throttle restriction.

Yeah but we're talking stock here. The stock R34GTT does 0-100 in like...6.0? 6.5? I can't see how the C34 will do it quicker considering its heavier...

aaaaaaaanyway....hmmm getting OT here...:LOL

Yeah but we're talking stock here. The stock R34GTT does 0-100 in like...6.0? 6.5? I can't see how the C34 will do it quicker considering its heavier...

aaaaaaaanyway....hmmm getting OT here...:LOL

whats OT?

stop hating on the C34's lol

Here is a pic of what last mod to my stagea. Needless to say im now selling anything from it.:mellow:

dude you ok?

whats OT?

stop hating on the C34's lol

dude you ok?

LOL no hate at all...just don't see how a stock C35/M35 can beat a 350z off the line. Esp after reading the "VE SS Sportwagon vs M35 Stagea" thread, where pretty much everyone agreed that a 0-100 time of less then 6 sec was not doable in a stock Stagea...M35 or C34...

Maybe the 350z driver was crap...lol

OT = off topic

Edited by ironpaw

LOL no hate at all...just don't see how a stock C35/M35 can beat a 350z off the line. Esp after reading the "VE SS Sportwagon vs M35 Stagea" thread, where pretty much everyone agreed that a 0-100 time of less then 6 sec was not doable in a stock Stagea...M35 or C34...

OT = off topic

lol maybe yours wont be faster. lol pun intended, but i know mine cleaned my sisters V35 when i was stockish(cat back exhaust and new filter). good comparison too as both of them are auto.

ofcourse we wont beat them off the line, they dont have throttle restriction as bad as us, and the manual doesnt have it at all.

and i can drive stick, i have driven stick for a very long time. the car is shit in stock form compared to a stag n thats final.

back on Topic, my exhaust is coming today.

OT = off topic

i've done 0-100 on the ecutalk display and got 5.65, gotta love awd take-offs with a clutch, 4000rpm and slip the clutch a little

real world time is probably a tad slower as the dash/ecu under-reads at 100kmh (~95kmh)

@griffin - wowzers, something about that photo hints to me 'stagea vs. guard rail', im guessing the guard rail is still the reigning champion?

Yea, shit happens. My 17yo was stopped at the lights and some elderly dude, not me, just drove out of a servo and Tboned him. Lucky he got the details and RACQ are going to cough up.

Yea, shit happens. My 17yo was stopped at the lights and some elderly dude, not me, just drove out of a servo and Tboned him. Lucky he got the details and RACQ are going to cough up.

As long as your son is ok, that is the main thing. Was he in the Stagea? I am surprised though that RACQ insured a Stagea, if he is driving one. I tried & they told me they don't insure imports. :domokun:

also, c34 owners should buy plastic polish and use it on the plastic cover of the c-pillar - it goes shiny happy.gif

I use Mothers plastic polish on the c pillar, roof rails & headlights. Works a treat. :thumbsup:

On a good note, my Cusco rear strut brace has arrived according to Import Monster on Facebook. I just have to wait for the container to clear Customs & then I should have it very soon. :banana:

As long as your son is ok, that is the main thing. Was he in the Stagea I am surprised though that RACQ insured a Stagea, if he is driving one. I tried & they told me they don't insure imports.

I use Mothers plastic polish on the c pillar, roof rails & headlights. Works a treat.

i've got plastex (sp?), bought it for the headlights but i thought i'd give it a go on the c-pillars and it was good

i used a product called Glassylite to restore my headlights.

i used to use Meguiars PlastiX but found that they would just yellow up after a couple of weeks.

with the Glassylite, you are basically cutting back the polycarbonate lens, polishing it with lighter grade compounds as you go, and the final step is a nano-sealant which seals the plastic again. 6 months on and no yellowing, they look brand new. best 40 bucks i've spent on the car.