SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Nothing earth shattering unfortunately;

Back to full soft on the BC BR front dampers after stepping up to the stiffest setting on the front sway bar. Got rid of the slightly darty response on some uneven surfaces. No real loss of turn in response, but much less "busy" on rough stuff, and I can always stiffen it up in seconds anyway.

Replaced the two bumper rubbers on my fuel filler flap P/N; 78837-AG000. The original ones were flat as a tack, and as a result the fuel flap never sat flush with the rear quarter; always a bit sunken.:down: Just a small detail, but it's been shitting me for ages.

Dropped a couple of Nutserts into the front bumper support to replace the holes I tapped to fit the mount for my trans cooler. Nothing wrong with them, but the Nutsert will be much more resistant to stripping out due to vibration than the holes into the soft alloy. Another thing that's been bugging me for a while.

Other than that; I also picked a length of 50x50x5mm 316 stainless angle to start manufacturing Heavy Duty rear sway bar upper mounts!:banana: More on that soon.

Edited by Daleo

Im interested to see pics of the HKS 350z turbo setup, most of the intercooler and piping wont fit by the looks of it but it comes with a fair bit of gear. At least you will have known results and great quality, the 3037 is a perfect size imo. What are your plans for the gearbox?

Engine out job for sure to fit the manifolds. Hopefully you can confirm they are stock VQ25det items.

I have taken inspiration from this kit for my adapter to fit the GTX3071 and external gate, hopefully I can jig it up and sell for anyone else wanting to upgrade to a Garrett as HKS aren't making any more kits and parts aren't available anymore. For mine you would just need the Tial housing (as it will make it much easier to fit and have better wastegate flow.)

Yeah, the piping might be a headache. It has been made to work on a V35 auto, so I'm not trail blazing. Basically 3 areas of concern (for me)- the outlet from the turbo fouling the LHS Driveshaft, piping to and from the cooler, and I think the Exhaust comes in on the same diagonal as a Z33, which means I might have to add a little/take a little to make it sit right.

I'll get some photos of the relevant spots for you Scotty asap. Don't expect the kit to be fitted overnight... I pretty much bought it because it was being discontinued and I couldn't not buy it at that price :whistling:

Gearbox will get a service/flush, and a cooler. We'll see how that holds up, It will be running really minimal boost, as per HKS recommendations, cause I don't want a rod out the block... As for building it up, well, i'll let the wallet recover first!

But If anyone finds one of those 4.2 stroker GTM motorsport FI sets that they want to give me...:ninja:

i also need to do this so interested in the part number.

my Air con stinks and I have a feeling this may be apart of the reason lol

Get the one carbon one that filters out ozone. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/129786-air-con-filter/page__pid__5429174__st__60#entry5429174

I thought the great big hole in the sky was letting all the ozone out, but apparently there's still some down here & it's not good to breathe :unsure:

• Like 1

I replaced my O2 sensor today, I don't think it had been replaced before. I then washed & polished the car.

The old sensor is the tops one, new below it.

P3070008.jpg

Easy job replacing the cabin filter? Did you buy a cabin filter from Ebay?

Yeah the Cabin filter i got was one of the ebay ones, Charcoal Carbon Filters US$24.83 shipped to OZ

http://cgi.ebay.com/...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Where's the Second fuse box????? I know of the one behind the battery, I know of the one down near the accelerator pedal. Where's the other?

In my head the Fuse boxes are"

1, Driver Footwell Kick Panel

2. The Rectangle Box in front off the battery (Maybe more of a Relay box but theres fuses in there)

3. The box behind the battery on the firewall under the wiper trim, this is the one i didn't reliaze was there (which is probaly considered the main one)

LOL yeah right...says the man who was shopping for a 350z on the weekend :nyaanyaa:

lol for my sister..

she's buying an auto so im having no part in the decision.