SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Hi guys

Picked my 99 RS4S up a couple of weeks ago and put it in to GT Garage in Hobart Thursdy to get some mods done. NGK .8 spark plugs, new oil filter and Motul turbolight oil were already freshly in, and the car came with a HKS pod filter. The mods I got were a full turbo back exhaust, with a HKS Hi-Power cat back, a Walbro fuel pump, Turbotech boost controller and a Nistune. When they put it on the dyno it put out 200kw. Stoked! Dyno sheet below.

Tim

post-76194-0-16470400-1298708130_thumb.jpg

picked up some new NGK iridium LFR7AIX spark plugs, i had bought 6's instead of 7's and they were limiting my power :( all 6 = $82

Just getting back to this; based on some searches I believe most are running LFR6AIX-11 plugs? Why did going to the 7 change that, isnt it colder?

My self education process involving Wikipedia suggests that the temperature of a spark plug seems to come in to play at peak torque, so would it more so be a hindrance in chasing numbers rather than having 'real world impact'?

Hi guys

Picked my 99 RS4S up a couple of weeks ago and put it in to GT Garage in Hobart Thursdy to get some mods done. NGK .8 spark plugs, new oil filter and Motul turbolight oil were already freshly in, and the car came with a HKS pod filter. The mods I got were a full turbo back exhaust, with a HKS Hi-Power cat back, a Walbro fuel pump, Turbotech boost controller and a Nistune. When they put it on the dyno it put out 200kw. Stoked! Dyno sheet below.

Tim

post-76194-0-16470400-1298708130_thumb.jpg

really good figures tim. i compared to my graph, S2 RS4S basically the same mods but i have emanage, and no pump, but an EBC - and yours hits harder earlier, making 10kw more at 2000rpm - and where mine noses over at about 6000rpm, yours seems to pull strongly to redline.

they ran it in 2wd righT :pirate:

Just getting back to this; based on some searches I believe most are running LFR6AIX-11 plugs? Why did going to the 7 change that, isnt it colder?

My self education process involving Wikipedia suggests that the temperature of a spark plug seems to come in to play at peak torque, so would it more so be a hindrance in chasing numbers rather than having 'real world impact'?

i have LFR6's and they seemed to restrict me at 230awkw. the spark was too hot and causing to detonate on the dyno.

and because the gap is so large at the moment they dont last so long - i found at this power not even lasting long at all, they're already fouled and missing between gears, and changes between gears.

but if your keeping the car at stock levels 6's or even 5's will be fine. i had 5's in there from compliance and they worked alright.

really good figures tim. i compared to my graph, S2 RS4S basically the same mods but i have emanage, and no pump, but an EBC - and yours hits harder earlier, making 10kw more at 2000rpm - and where mine noses over at about 6000rpm, yours seems to pull strongly to redline.

I was pretty happy (and more than a bit surprised) when they told me and then when I saw the graph. I was hoping for about 180awkw, so to get 200 was awesome.

I'm assuming they ran it in 2wd, to be honest I forgot to ask

Put a decent fuel pump in and then talk to your tuner to see why it is nosing over at 6000rpm.

forgot to mention......bleed the attessa yesterday......much better.....drive vibration is still there though :( .....I think it's time to go 2WD and see what happens.

Could just be the Nankangs?

i have LFR6's and they seemed to restrict me at 230awkw. the spark was too hot and causing to detonate on the dyno.

and because the gap is so large at the moment they dont last so long - i found at this power not even lasting long at all, they're already fouled and missing between gears, and changes between gears.

but if your keeping the car at stock levels 6's or even 5's will be fine. i had 5's in there from compliance and they worked alright.

Wouldn't have had that issue with the Denso plugs :nyaanyaa:

Wouldn't have had that issue with the Denso plugs :nyaanyaa:

care to elaborate?

i think the plugs were fouled from the word go.. plus a 1.1 mm gap..

if these screw up again i think im gonna get you to organise me some denso's

i have some LFR7AIX at a .8 mm going in soon.

care to elaborate?

i think the plugs were fouled from the word go.. plus a 1.1 mm gap..

if these screw up again i think im gonna get you to organise me some denso's

i have some LFR7AIX at a .8 mm going in soon.

Elaborate on what, bud?

Denso IKH22 plugs work perfectly, in all conditions and at all power levels.

0.8mm gap as required, 0.4mm electrode and V grooved tip provide a superior spark to the NGK plugs.

But you already knew this.

You can find the IKH22's on eBay Motors and get them sent over for less than I can get them through Denso in Croydon.

Elaborate on what, bud?

Denso IKH22 plugs work perfectly, in all conditions and at all power levels.

0.8mm gap as required, 0.4mm electrode and V grooved tip provide a superior spark to the NGK plugs.

But you already knew this.

You can find the IKH22's on eBay Motors and get them sent over for less than I can get them through Denso in Croydon.

so your guess is before i change the old NGK's to the new.. to scrap the whole idea and put in IKH22's?

what heat range are they?

so your guess is before i change the old NGK's to the new.. to scrap the whole idea and put in IKH22's?

what heat range are they?

Yes.

Stop asking questions and put them in. :domokun: