SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

i didnt start the car but did turn the ignition to put the windows up while i went outside to paint the lights.. so that would be the problem then..

should i do a reset or will it just go away like you said??

thanks for the help..

Cleaned the MAF, Cleaned the Throttle body which was crazy filthy - you could see where the plate was pressing into the build up of gunk.

Re-set the ECU, and Idle (which was 1200rpm after the TB clean!) back down to 650rpm. much smoother and pleasant to drive. Surprised I got it all work 1st go!

Proceed to "test" up the Old Pac Hwy!!!:w00t:

decided to jump on the headlight band wagon and black mine out.. came up good. car needs a wash now...

and ran a 12v current to the fuel pump with a relay

I bought some second hand rims of kidafa. thanks. Well here is what the M35 looks like now.

post-52024-0-50195700-1299406795_thumb.jpg

Well I spent the day fixing gutter rash and then giving the rims a polish. Now the feel like new rims.

did it make a difference aaron?

i like the blacked out headlights. i might practice on the spare i have

like craigs except without the pokemon lazy eyes.

i was thinking of tinitn them.. bit worried though

I bought some second hand rims of kidafa. thanks. Well here is what the M35 looks like now.

post-52024-0-50195700-1299406795_thumb.jpg

Well I spent the day fixing gutter rash and then giving the rims a polish. Now the feel like new rims.

NICE! Looks a heap better on your white 35 than my silver 34 imo....

May i ask how you de-rashed them?

There is a few tricks to this. You can file out the big marks and hit the smaller marks with some wet and dry moving up from a 240 grit to 2000grit. Once you hit it with some course polish and work to a nice fine polish, you wont notice the gutter rash.

I fitted my towbar to the Stag today. It's been sitting in the Garage waiting for me to do something for a few weeks now. I bought it second hand. I removed the goofy trailer plug and mount, removed some surface rust and gave it a coat of matt black rust stop. It fitted up quite nicely, but it looks like I need to get a new tongue made up as i don't want to cut up the rear lip. Failing that I guess I could space the tongue down by 15mm with a plate.

Thoughts/suggestions??

Had the car since end of Jan and this weekends been the first chance i've got to play on the car, only small stuff thou

1. replaced Cabin Filter

2. installed the Fm band expander (cardealer said they were going to put this in but didn't)

3. Pulled the DVD Rom out and Opened it up to physically clean the laser. Put i back in and now it works

so i can finally have the english conversion done (couldn't read the disc first time)

4, Installed a Reverse camera to the factory tuner, not essential but i figure if you have a Screen on the dash it might as well have a camera

Interior was in many pieces, but all when back together fine with only a couple of spare clips left over.

I did aciddently short the reverse light fuse and couldn't find the fuse to replace it.

wasn't to concerned and was going to sort it out later, until i tried to start the car and found out that it won't start without it

anyway searched the forum and learnt about the 3rd Fuse box hidden behind the battery on the firewall, so alls good again

i always thought the 2 fuse boxes i knew of didn't have enough to cover all the elec systems in the car

and It amazes me how they decided what areas of the Stagea needed to have English text and Japanese text on the other bits

Got the bastard file out and got rid of the rash. Then just sanded the whole rim from 200 grit all the wat to 2000. Then used a powerball and autosol. Alot of hours and sore arms but it was all worth it.

1. replaced Cabin Filter

.....the 3rd Fuse box hidden behind the battery on the firewall, so alls good again.....

Easy job replacing the cabin filter? Did you buy a cabin filter from Ebay?

Where's the Second fuse box????? I know of the one behind the battery, I know of the one down near the accelerator pedal. Where's the other? :thumbsup:

Easy job replacing the cabin filter? Did you buy a cabin filter from Ebay?

Where's the Second fuse box????? I know of the one behind the battery, I know of the one down near the accelerator pedal. Where's the other? :thumbsup:

i also need to do this so interested in the part number.

my Air con stinks and I have a feeling this may be apart of the reason lol

x-trail, 350z, and a few others fit our car. $25 from nissan. well worth it. i guarantee yours will be black aaron haha mine was filthy!

thanks iain. might do it while scotts attacking the exhaust in a week or two..

Iain,

Let me know if you have any of the centre console of the beige car handy. I still want to remove my 'out of colour' centre section where the stereo goes and replace it with something factory.