SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

On 21/09/2016 at 7:23 PM, Moistcat said:

Painted my D pillar trims

Before (got the car like this);

6a4bb90fe4.jpg

After

96fc975763.jpg

Done with rattle cans made up with the colour code AR1

Sneaky Chopped Sticker i see lol 

Upgraded ARX brakes with R34GTT brakes and V35 wheels.  Pads not bedded in yet but it feels way better than the slotted and dimpled rotors and EBC reds that were there before.Also replaced the AFM to resolve the issue with the intake let temp sensor (code P0110).R34GTT brakes on ARX.jpg

• Like 1

What Have I Done To My Stagea Lately?

Sold it :(  Now i'm sad..

If anyone wants a woodgrain head unit fascia (single zone aircon, 6 stack CD) in good knick then let me know - free to good home (Brisbane collection)

Finally got around to "fixing" something that has bothered me since I've had my M35. The beeping when you have your keys in the ignition with the door open. I know it's a safety thing but I often sit in my car with the door open listening to tunes or for when you are working on the car with the door open. I just took out the little disc from the dash cluster buzzer.

2016-10-02 11.26.09.jpg

• Like 2

What Have I Done To My Stagea Lately?   Sold it [emoji20]  Now i'm sad..

If anyone wants a woodgrain head unit fascia (single zone aircon, 6 stack CD) in good knick then let me know - free to good home (Brisbane collection)

Ill take it man. (Assuming its for a m35). Shoot me a message.

Finally got around to "fixing" something that has bothered me since I've had my M35. The beeping when you have your keys in the ignition with the door open. I know it's a safety thing but I often sit in my car with the door open listening to tunes or for when you are working on the car with the door open. I just took out the little disc from the dash cluster buzzer.
2016-10-02 11.26.09.jpg

Thanking you. Always wanted to rip this thing out.

A few parts to fit on the weekend. Left front balljoint, right rear bearing and rocker gaskets (I'm over that burning oil smell).

Also broke an injector pintle when doing the coolant bypass mod so going to do new o-rings, pintles and intake gaskets which were looking a bit ratty.

2016-10-12 19.47.53.jpg

A few parts to fit on the weekend. Left front balljoint, right rear bearing and rocker gaskets (I'm over that burning oil smell).

Also broke an injector pintle when doing the coolant bypass mod so going to do new o-rings, pintles and intake gaskets which were looking a bit ratty.

2016-10-12 19.47.53.jpg

• Like 1

2016-10-12 19.47.53.jpg
where you get those bits for the injectors?

On 10/12/2016 at 9:17 PM, datmoo said:

2016-10-12 19.47.53.jpg

Fitted most of these bits over the weekend. Ball joint, PITA! Rear wheel bearing, PITA! Rocker gaskets, small PITA! Injector pintles and o-rings, OK.

Then it came to the intake manifold gaskets. Plenum gasket, "hang on, that looks a bit different to mine". Check my part number: Stagea, check. VQ35DE.........crap!

That's ok, the original one isn't THAT bad. Better check the intake manifold gaskets. Stagea, check. VQ25DET, check. Off with the intake manifold, "hang on, they look a bit different"...........crap!

2016-10-16 13.29.23.jpg2016-10-16 13.28.31.jpg

So going by the permaseal website, these ARE for VQ25DET: http://www.aagaskets.com.au/EngineDetails.aspx?EngineID=2327

These ones are different again to VQ35DE so was there different port sizes on VQ25DET?

That'll learn me not to buy genuine!

When I do get the right parts I think I'll do the plenum spacer mod at the same time.

On a side note, I found a dude in Russia who turboed his 350GT using VQ25DET parts.

http://www.nismo-club.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=143220&st=0

• Like 1