SAU Community

Rb26 Conrods

GTRPowa

I quickly checked the Tomei price. Cooling channel version $3000 for the six, normal version $1780 delivered. the Mahle pistons are approx just over half as much.

As far as coating go I wasn't bothered with titanium this or that, or ceramic coating the crowns - more interested in a low friction coating for the piston sides.

HKS - part number 2103-RN017

lists as $2124 delivered.

2103-RN021 lists as $1585 delivered.

So the Japanese stuff doesn't appear to be particularly good value. It may, however, be more suited (As opposed to more generic although that is just conjecture)

How do Mahle pistons go for noise?

I'll have a look for Ross stuff also.

yeah you're right. for anyone without an unlimited budget these days the jap pistons are kind of priced out of reality. I can say though they are very good and seem to last. and very quiet too. dunno if that makes them worth twice or tripple the price of competing chinese and american pistons but they are good.

you can have the coatings done to any piston after you buy it but HKS (and others do offer various coatings) including a low friction molybdenum skirt coating like you want.

not sure of the mahle noise haven't paid attention to the one local engine I know with them in it. CPs seem to be not bad noise wise.

• 3 months later...

Can I ask where you ordered them from?

i got em though a forum member brand new when he ordered a set for him self. we went halfs in the postage and it came in welll under 1k. like 800dollor mark for 6 with everything pins, rings, the lot

: D

yeah I currently have tomei pistons in my car and as I said (and piggaz said) they are so quiet. you would not know the car had forgies and they are strong as they come. not cheap, but a pretty critical component so I don't mind spending a bit on pistons.

How do Mahle pistons go for noise?

I have Mahles, no noise.

It comes down to how its assembled.

Also have had CP's, no noise there either.