SAU Community

Aberax's R33 Build

Man that is alot of runout! Good choice on getting it straightened.

Not as much as the engine my tuner built before. His words "was bent like a banana", center journal was out by 0.06", and 1-2 was out by 0.15" :wacko:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Friday 22nd July

I get an SMS around 3:30pm saying the Short has been assembled, and everything is good...after I had the crank reground and re-linished earlier that week.

Monday 25th July

I finally have some spare time to go to the work shop and take some photos, and see the goodness of my engine build.

DSCF0508.JPG

DSCF0509.JPG

DSCF0510.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hey dude killa build. I found it searching for info on rb25-27 stroker so basicly your using 26 crank and rods is that the go....

Close, but no cigar.

RB25 and RB26 Rods are the same length. The differences are in the crank and the piston, crank has a longer stroke, and the piston has different heights, etc for the extra stroke. So I am using a RB26 Crank with CP 86.5mm RB26 Pistons.

More updates next week, hopefully, as the Head and Sump should be back from the machine shop :D

Close, but no cigar.

RB25 and RB26 Rods are the same length. The differences are in the crank and the piston, crank has a longer stroke, and the piston has different heights, etc for the extra stroke. So I am using a RB26 Crank with CP 86.5mm RB26 Pistons.

More updates next week, hopefully, as the Head and Sump should be back from the machine shop :D

Still not ready, been told end of this week now.

Since I am now waiting around for parts, I decided to send my exhaust manifold off to be ceramic coated. I had the cam covers fitted with -10 fittings today, pics up later.

• 3 weeks later...

Friday 9th September

After sending my Head and Sump off to Lewis Engines back on the 15th July, they are finally ready for pick up tomorrow, along with my exhaust manifold that was sent up there earlier this week to be faced.

Apparently they spent 1.5 Days porting my head, and have added a few extra fittings to my sump for a Catch Can Return.

The Nitto Oil Pump was also ordered today, and should arrive Monday or Tuesday if they have stock.

Come Monday (12th Sept) I will be able to bolt the Head and Sump to the Block.

Earlier this week I dropped my Cam and Timing Covers off to be Powdered Coated in a Candy Blue, so they should look good with the -10 AN Fittings on top :), I am looking into having the Valley Cover Carbon Wrapped, Just a matter of getting in contact with my mate that does it.

Once I receive my exhaust manifold back, I shall go have it ceramic coated, and a Turbo Blanket eventually made up for my GT3076.

After much waiting, it is finally coming together :D

The goal is to have the Car up and running by Early/Mid October, and drive it over to SAU Nationals and hopefully enter into the Show and Shine, as well as a Birthday present to myself, and an anniversary present for owning the Car for 3 Years (almost 1 year off the road)

Sorry if you mentioned it earlier but what comp ratio are you running?

I don't think I have mentioned it as I don't know what it is, I think the Pistons are 8.5:1 off the top of my head, So it will be somewhere around there.

Saturday 10th September

Received a SMS from my Tuner saying the Head, Oil Restrictor and Exhaust Manifold have been picked up. So I can finally assemble some more on Monday and get the Exhaust Manifold Ceramic Coated this week. The sump is still being baffled and extended.

Thursday 15th September

Called into Horsepower In A Box on the way home and the Sump had arrived, and managed to get a few pics of everything...heading back there later to assemble some (since I didn't get to the other day) of the engine.

Sump

DSCF0501.JPG

DSCF0501-1.JPG

Nitto Oil Pump

DSCF0511.JPG

DSCF0512.JPG

DSCF0513.JPG

Head

DSCF0514.JPG

Full recondition with Tomei 256 8.5 Cams

DSCF0516.JPG

Exhaust side Porting

DSCF0517.JPG

Exhaust side Porting

DSCF0518.JPG

Intake side Porting

DSCF0519.JPG

Intake side Porting

Not too sure, maybe the same as before or about an extra litre.

Friday 16th September

I went back to the workshop around 8:30pm last night (Thursday), and I managed to get the head torqued down, and the water pump installed...now for some pics :)

DSCF0521.JPG

DSCF0523.JPG

DSCF0526.JPG

DSCF0527.JPG

DSCF0528.JPG

DSCF0530.JPG

Now, to go pick up my powder coated Covers, and drop the Exhaust Manifold off for Ceramic Coating.

Friday 17th September

Dropped off the exhaust manifold to be ceramic coated, shall be ready next Friday. Picked up my Cam Covers and Timing Covers from the Powder Coaters.

DSCF0531.JPG

DSCF0532.JPG

DSCF0533.JPG

DSCF0534.JPG

DSCF0535.JPG

Monday 19th September

Bit of progress was made today.

ISC Exhaust Cam Gear and VCT Cam Gears were installed, Nitto Oil Pump was finally installed, Timing belt installed and tensioned, Half moon seals and Cam Covers were installed.

It's really coming together now.

After all this time, I have also just realized I need a R34 CAS as the Cams have a different key to my Old CAS.... >_<

All coming together :)

DSCF0537.JPG

DSCF0538.JPG

DSCF0540.JPG

Car gets towed to HPIAB on Monday...1-2 weeks and the car will be on the road, may also be a feature of this car/build in a certain youtube channel too :)

Looking sooooo pretty!!!

How is it a 2.7lt (bored out or something?)? Sorry if it's a spaz question :)

This one isn't exactly a 2.7l, a little bit of extra work would have needed to be done. But from what I believe I have worked out, it works out to be 2600cc, so a "proper" 2.6L.

A RB26 is 2568 cc,

bore: 86.0 mm

stroke: 73.7 mm

My engine is 2600cc (I believe)

Bore: 86.5mm

Stroke: 73.7mm