SAU Community

Aberax's R33 Build

very nice, how much that set u back?

The guy I went with charges $150 to cover just the dash, I wanted a few extra items covered so he charged me $50 extra for them, pictures of those items to come later :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of an update of what I have been doing over the last month to the Car.

14th October

Finished laying the Dynamat on the Cabin Floorpan, took me 2 weekends to do as I generally slept in till about midday. Was only a few small spots to fix up, as I had done the majority of it the weekend before. Since all that was done I decided to installed the replacement Heater Core I received from Ebay, I went with the Heavy Duty Copper Heater.

I have also bought a R34 V-Spec 2 Aluminium Pedal Kit off of Ebay a few weeks ago also, which will be Installed once I put some new Carpet down. Continuing with the Ebay theme, I bought some Carbon-fibre End Caps from Hong Kong for the R33 GTR Wing, as they have no emblem, and they are Carbon-fibre, still waiting for them to Arrive.

So onto some Pictures

Pictures of the Flocked Dash (Currently in the car for Storage, nowhere else to put it)

post-58049-0-22329400-1350208841_thumb.jpg

post-58049-0-90581200-1350208880_thumb.jpg

Picture of the V-Spec 2 Pedal Kit when it Arrived at work, was bought from Matzr on Ebay.

post-58049-0-14736400-1350208999_thumb.jpg

Cabin Floorpan covered in about 36.5sq Feet of Dynamat

post-58049-0-00845800-1350209828_thumb.jpg

Cool Abe,

where did you get the dynamat and how much?

Hoping to get rid of some drone?

I got it from Ampl Audio in Seaford. The retail price is around $289 for the bulk pack, I paid less then that due to having mutual friends with the company.

Also, I now have a OS Giken Twin Plate on the way, Thanks to Luke GTR :D

I got it from Ampl Audio in Seaford. The retail price is around $289 for the bulk pack, I paid less then that due to having mutual friends with the company.

Also, I now have a OS Giken Twin Plate on the way, Thanks to Luke GTR :D

hope you enjoy it.

cant wait to see oyu test it out!

I'm loving your steering wheel! I know your in SA but where could i get a job like that done? My wheel has seen a little too much sun and is a little worn on the top.

Here you go, I am sure you can find someone in NSW from here to do it.

Went on a bit of an Ebay Spree.

Bought some Carbon Fibre Wing End Caps the other month from China that arrived the other day, as per most China parts, it doesn't fit correctly, nothing a bit of a grind can't fix.

Also bought some Leather Items from Top Gaiters in England which I am waiting to arrive. Bought some replacement Carpet from Knox Auto Carpets in Victoria, ordered it on a Sunday (28th) and it arrived today on Wednesday (31st). I shall put it in the car this Sunday and take some Photos.

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile since I said I would update this, been busy working on the R33 and work...and generally lazy, lol.

So the Carbon Wing caps look like this

IMG_20121023_183917.jpg

October 14th

The new Heater Core already to be installed

IMG_20121014_154928.jpg

A few pictures of the Underlay going down

IMG_20121104_113008.jpg

IMG_20121104_113452.jpg

IMG_20121104_124032.jpg

November 4th

Carpet going in

IMG_20121104_180154.jpg

IMG_20121104_180224.jpg

Carpet almost done, just a few touch ups here and there. Dash in Place, just needs to be bolted in with the kick and other panels. You can also see the R34 V-Spec II Pedals, looks really good. The Brake and Clutch Pedals were a PITA to put on, but well worth it, the Accelerator was easy.

IMG_20121111_183018.jpg

November 17th

Everything is all done, a few pics of the Leather Gaiters

IMG_20121117_133907.jpg

IMG_20121117_133916.jpg

IMG_20121117_133929.jpg

IMG_20121117_133942.jpg

A picture of the dash and steering wheel...and a bit of my mate Tim who came around to lend a hand.

IMG_20121117_151135.jpg

The other Day I bought an ASI 42mm Alloy Rad from Ebay and some Silicone Radiator Hoses. I have dropped the Alloy Radiator off to my Tuner to get his Fabricator to modify the Radiator to take my Water Temp Sensor, as well as modify the Oil Relocator block to take the Oil Temp Sensor. My Tuner also has my Speedflow fittings for the Oil Relocator kit.

Pics of these and more of the dash/interior later.

28-11-12

Picked up my Modified ASI 42mm Radiator from my Tuner on my way home, also picked up some new coolant concentrate. Got home and left the car to cool down for a few hours, and then began ripping the Clutch Fan, Shroud and Radiator out.

Got it all out, and began to flush the Coolant system. I then began swapping the Sensor from the Stock Radiator over to the ASI Radiator, aswell as the Shroud. All surprisingly fitting like stock, no modification to the shroud needed, and the sensor port didn't need tapping, a big plus when compared to other "cheaper" brands that cost more than the ASI.

Began bolting it all back together, and managed to drop one of the Clutch fan nuts into the gravel below...which I couldn't find :(

Night began to fall, I was hot, sore back and greasy, time to call it a night.

29-11-12

Thank goodness for days in lieu. Pushed the car forward to look for the missing nut...found it :), disconnected the heater hoses I had looped ages ago when the heater core was leaking and did another coolant flush from there. Tried installing the Silicone hoses I got with my ASI Radiator and 1 of them wouldn't fit over the thermostat housing...whatever, I'll stick with the stock ones till they fail then. Connected all the hoses up, and tightened the clamps, plumbers tape on the Water Temp sensor (its a 2 wire sensor so no worries about the grounding), and bolted that up.

Poured in the 1L of Coolant Concentrate and filled the rest up with Rainwater, left the radiator cap undone and started the car, kept topping it up until the Thermostat opened and the level began to rise by itself so I put the cap back on and opened the bleeder valve, and left it idling awhile, while keeping an eye on the Temp Gauge which slowly crept its way up to 80c, left it there awhile and then turned it off to cool down for awhile so I can top it up if it needs it.

I'll post some pics of the Interior and Radiator this afternoon once it has cooled down outside.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, just saw this thread. It was an epic read and your 33's interior will be the best ive seen! The flocking and retrim look awesome. You must be pretty wrapped with the outcome so far. If it was me, I would be more impatient to get it all back together and running. But hey, doing it properly is better than rushing it.

btw, your handbrake has a foreskin.. LOL!

Edited by Eps