SAU Community

Wakie Track Day Wrap-Up Thread - 5 March 2011

GoldZilla

yeah mate, it was and by a long way, about 1 sec :D I guess the new track is quicker and those tyres are great.

sid....put your bloody name in your profile or I will call you speedwhore for ever!

Almost certainly just a bad batch of fuel, even so I would get yavuz to take a little timing out of the midrange for safety. Octane booster does very little....each bottle is 0.1 of an octane rating, so 1 bottle in a tank of 98 only gives you 98.1.....

But i dont know HOW TO :(.... WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!! :P, Although duncan you love my name you know it, you think im cool loll

SID

Sid dont get too worried about the pfc knock, it doesnt mean the motor is dead at all, get yavuz to have a play with it or come for a drive to the central coast and ill go for a run with you on the freeway and fix it up for you, 5th gear is very high load on the engine thats why it knocks in that gear only, you wouldbe better off tuning it with NO octane booster at all, so run the tank 2 or 3 times with no booster and change the plugs before you get your touch up tune.

a pfc knock of 50 and above is normally close to real knock, but this depends on the condition of the knock sensors.

Buy it, it's always worth it.

IMHO they did not win, apart from the obvious, a rotary was not placed first, and I have no idea about the final official point standing. However during interclub competitions (at the club level, ie SAU or RENEWE only) a scoring method similar to below is often used.

Based on the best times of everybody, last place gets 1 point, 2nd last gets 2 points, 3rd last gets 3 points etc.

RENEW = 390 points

SAUNSW = 645 points

I'm a management accountant, just tell me what you want the numbers to say and I'll make them say it :P

yeah i realise this i was just sh1t stirring the fact there fastest club member was a piston powered car considering its a rotory forum? :nyaanyaa:

1, evo 2, gtr 3, gtr 4, rx7 5, rx7, yeah i'm gonna say the gtrs have it over the rx7s this round.

as for the car classes, i would be interested to see how the classes are set and why my full street R34 GTR is in the same class as duncans race R32 GTR? if F means not involved then someone needs to change my class as i have said right from the start i wanted to put of the comp,

Sid dont get too worried about the pfc knock, it doesnt mean the motor is dead at all, get yavuz to have a play with it or come for a drive to the central coast and ill go for a run with you on the freeway and fix it up for you, 5th gear is very high load on the engine thats why it knocks in that gear only, you wouldbe better off tuning it with NO octane booster at all, so run the tank 2 or 3 times with no booster and change the plugs before you get your touch up tune.

a pfc knock of 50 and above is normally close to real knock, but this depends on the condition of the knock sensors.

Ya ill see how it goes :). Central coast :O loll ill try with yavuz if not then ill give you a PM ehehe a good LONG drive. Thanks bud

Sid

Hi folks. Thanks for respecting Nick's instructions on discussing "THE INCIDENT".

For those that know or don't I've posted my whole story to date in this thread.

I know I've had a lot of people PM'ing me about it so I wanted to make sure I could provide as much of the facts as possible to folks. If you want to discuss it please keep your posts in that other thread and keep it positive folks. Even though I'm still a bit emotional over the event, I know the only way out to NORTH is to stay true, optimistic and open to opportunities.

For those that also wonder 'bout my shoulder - hurt like a mo-f this morn, but has gotten better as the day wore on today.

or maybe hunting the silvia spurred you on ;)

That Silvia was FAST, never seen one that could travel fast in a stright line before. Kudos to the pilot. It must of had some serious mods, handeled very well and pulled on the straights better then my GTR.

yeah i realise this i was just sh1t stirring the fact there fastest club member was a piston powered car considering its a rotory forum? :nyaanyaa:

1, evo 2, gtr 3, gtr 4, rx7 5, rx7, yeah i'm gonna say the gtrs have it over the rx7s this round.

as for the car classes, i would be interested to see how the classes are set and why my full street R34 GTR is in the same class as duncans race R32 GTR? if F means not involved then someone needs to change my class as i have said right from the start i wanted to put of the comp,

Relax dude it'll be sweet. We will manually assign the classes and match them up with round times and announce the points. If I need to I'll contact individual owners to see where exactly their car fits if there is any doubt. I'm not sure what happened with the timing people assigning class but we'll try to get it sorted for next time.

Relax dude it'll be sweet. We will manually assign the classes and match them up with round times and announce the points. If I need to I'll contact individual owners to see where exactly their car fits if there is any doubt. I'm not sure what happened with the timing people assigning class but we'll try to get it sorted for next time.

Having timing at SAU days now is a big bonus, friendly competition with another club, all good.

dnissi is fast as it has Unique Auto Sports stickers, he he. He is a good driver and well set up car.

XKLABA time to get sorted and go faster?

Having timing at SAU days now is a big bonus, friendly competition with another club, all good.

dnissi is fast as it has Unique Auto Sports stickers, he he. He is a good driver and well set up car.

XKLABA time to get sorted and go faster?

Yeah mate a bit of camber and some better boost response and i reckon i could shave about 2 secs off my time, we'll see at the next one