SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

WAGON_BOY

Where did you get yours from Chops?

I've sent Just Jap two emails in the last week with no response... Not going to beg them to spend money with them... :spank:

you need to call em man. they are busy as all f**k

Where did you get yours from Chops?

I've sent Just Jap two emails in the last week with no response... Not going to beg them to spend money with them... :spank:

i got em through just jap and another company but had it same day :)

finally finished the coilover swap...... the rears turned out to be more of a prick than the front LOL

now its sitting 40mm lower all round with a fair bit of camber at the rear :blink:

i'll get some pic's on sunday of how its sitting :)

the camber helps :)

got the swaybars too? its an awesome combo IMO!

underbody bracing adds to the stiffness.....

not yet spending to much as it is ROFL :)

waiting on my rims to turn up in mid august now

rims? pffft. would have gone bracing and swaybars :P

Where's the best place to get the bracing from?

I've got the strut brace, which I'll get some photos of shortly, but every time I add something, sway bars, strut brace, it gets that much nicer to drive!

not yet spending to much as it is ROFL :)

waiting on my rims to turn up in mid august now

It might be time to throw up another Sway Bar GB, once everyone gets past tax time?

Ryan, how much plenum to brace clearance did you end up with? Enough to run a spacer?

Edited by Daleo

It might be time to throw up another Sway Bar GB, once everyone gets past tax time?

Ryan, how much plenum to brace clearance did you end up with? Enough to run a spacer?

Oh yeah, plenty of room to run a spacer...

If it's no bigger than about 4mm...

just make a spacer on the strut to jack it up a bit

That's not the issue; how much clearance from the brace to the bonnet will be the crucial part. The plenum is already close enough to the underside of the bonnet with the plenum spacer.

My guess; not enough...

No, engine cover isn't on, and there isn't really enough thread on the struts to space it up adequately.

I'll either get the underbody bracing then test without the strut brace, or just test with the spacer anyway.

I do like the strut brace though, turn in is definitely improved. Just exposes how much I need a set of new shocks though...

No, engine cover isn't on, and there isn't really enough thread on the struts to space it up adequately.

I'll either get the underbody bracing then test without the strut brace, or just test with the spacer anyway.

I do like the strut brace though, turn in is definitely improved. Just exposes how much I need a set of new shocks though...

scott needs to make a custom titanium one :whistling:

Do you think there was a big improvement over the swaybars alone?

I travelled over a very tight, twisty road a few days ago & I broke something as there is now a knocking noise. I'm thinking the shocks finally gave up their last. New BC's were ordered a week ago anyway.

Do you think there was a big improvement over the swaybars alone?

I travelled over a very tight, twisty road a few days ago & I broke something as there is now a knocking noise. I'm thinking the shocks finally gave up their last. New BC's were ordered a week ago anyway.

Definitely. You can really feel the difference, even without doing some serious twisties. I'll get a better idea this weekend on the SA cruise.

I like it the way it is, which makes me wonder if I should sacrifice it for the benefit of having the plenum spacer. Not in any hurry.