SAU Community

Flat Spot At 3000 Rpm

• 1 month later...

Ok it did run like a dream now I'm having the same issue and I have changed about everything I can think of tps, afm, coils, spark plugs,injector clean, fuel pump, fuel filter. It ran fine on the dyno and when I took it to the track and it fully warmed up it start getting a flat spot and surge at 3000rpm and thing else I can try??

Is the wide band what they usually use on the dyno? As the fuel line is perfect on the dyno run. I can hold the throttle flat and it will hold revs at 3000rpm until I pump the throttle through the flat spot.

Yes thats a wideband. Rather than strapping it onto the dyno u can replicate the issue on the road. Will then be able to to see if its a lean spot or not.

Now that u say it wont rev past it at all its a bit of a weird one. Can u drive past 3k on light to medium throttle?

Did u do a rewire on the fuel pump?

Yea can drive through it in on light throttle. Fuel pump has now got a direct power supply from the battery in the boot.

Would the CAS (crank angle ) give this sort of issue?? It's the only thing I have yet to replace?

• 2 months later...

Ok it did run like a dream now I'm having the same issue and I have changed about everything I can think of tps, afm, coils, spark plugs,injector clean, fuel pump, fuel filter. It ran fine on the dyno and when I took it to the track and it fully warmed up it start getting a flat spot and surge at 3000rpm and thing else I can try??

is it a a31 by any chance? if it is bin the ecu, swap in a r32 ecu the a31 and c33 ecu's are junk and a re well known to do this.

• 2 weeks later...