SAU Community

S A U N S W - Wakefield Trackday Number 2 For 2011

N1GTR

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it is being run as a super sprint (timing) / track day RENUW have used SOME rules from a standard type of super sprint reg sort of ? ! .

SAU track days will be back to normal after this little comp, and will be more focused on driver training and taking a mate for a spin, as pointed out there are lots of clubs to do sprints and/or door to door style of racing, SAU is more about having fun in a low risk enviroment with mates where you can go as fast as you like (as long as your speed matches your ability).

Still for a small outlay you can have piece of mind that if your car, someone elses car or if your mates hair catches on fire you can put it / him / her out and save your s hit from burning to the ground.

$20 could save so much.

I have 1.5kg in the car, .900kg in the kitchen, 2kg in the garage, you may say overkill, I say my sh it wont burn down.

:cheers:

Texi requires a fire extinguisher too and is done at much slower speeds. I'll be there as a renew entrant.

My opinion is the whole tyre thing should be binned, either that or run to CAMS regs for competitors.

Put me in SVD.

THESE ARE MY PERSONAL OPINIONS.

Edited by mlr
RANTING ON

My opinion is if you want "competition" go to Eastern Creek on a weekend, if you want to have fun or improve your driving ability dont worry about the "competition" just fill out the entry form and fax it now!

another question with club class, would i be able to use federal 595RSr's? the only semi listed under federals are the FZ201's. i think i'd be under tyred in open with the 595s

Sure, 595RS-R have a tread wear of 160 that puts them easily into street class. You don't need to meet all the requirements of club class to be in club class, only one or more.

Though the guy that wants to run in street class and then change to slicks half way through might have issues and be placed in the open class for all his sessions.

My question is the FZ201's do not have a tread wear indicator number "UTQC" so can I still run them in street class? It's clearly not under 120, it doesn't exist :)

And despite some peoples views I actually like the way the rules are clearly structured, despite it not favouring my car. They are very easy to follow and judge. And If you don't want to be a part of it, then you don't have to be. Big thumbs up to Renew and SAU for trying this.

My opinion is if you want "competition" go to Eastern Creek on a weekend, if you want to have fun or improve your driving ability dont worry about the "competition" just fill out the entry form and fax it now!

Its more so that i don’t turn with something that they won’t let in any category. Aiming for club but if not I’ll pop in to open, the tyres are just a bit old :rolleyes:

And faxed :thumbsup:

Sure, 595RS-R have a tread wear of 160 that puts them easily into street class. You don't need to meet all the requirements of club class to be in club class, only one or more.

Though the guy that wants to run in street class and then change to slicks half way through might have issues and be placed in the open class for all his sessions.

not doing street, dont have any interior

not doing street, dont have any interior

James you do get the idea don't you? If ANY of your car exceeds the requirements of street class then you are either in club or open. If you exceed any items of club class then you are in open class.

With no interior, you don't meet street class (as you pointed out), so you can use either Street class (federal 595RS-R) or club class tyres. No slicks.

Near every car is eligible for open class unless it is an open wheeler.

How does the point score work ?

Im just trying to work out how someone in the same group as me, who was slower than me, has more points than me ?

Actually everyone has more points as I scored "0"

Was it because I only did 3 laps due to mechanical issues ?

I looked at the natsoft to compare groups and times, would someone please post how the scoring is done as its doesnt look like its on times alone.

Thanks Mark.